PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania

OwenHartFan
10-17-2017, 03:32 PM
MMA style fight. Both guys can juice up all they want without apology.

Can you think of a reason as to why this can't happen or shouldn't happen?

Gerard
10-17-2017, 03:35 PM
MMA style fight. Both guys can juice up all they want without apology.

Can you think of a reason as to why this can't happen or shouldn't happen?

Besides Brock being a lazy cunt for the most part?

slik
10-17-2017, 03:41 PM
That would be dumb and WWE has a steroids policy

OwenHartFan
10-17-2017, 03:54 PM
That would be dumb and WWE has a steroids policy

WWE didn't seem to have an issue with Lesnar after he tested positive after the Hunt fight. So what are you talking about?

How would this be dumb? Lesnar vs. Jones would attract a very large portion of pure MMA fans to watch Wrestlemania. The fight wouldn't exactly be Mayweather/McGregor, but it would draw huge.

Quit being a retard.

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2017, 05:32 PM
The reason that the steroid thing couldn't happen is because they are a publicly trained, and the other thing COULD happen if they wanted to jeopardize the already dwindling integrity of one of the last real draws in wrestling.

Also, if I'm paying that much for a wrestling show, I want to see wrestling. Not MMA or anything else, really. That Akebono match was a slap in the face to all of us.

I wouldn't mind the fight in UFC, though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2017, 11:54 PM
I think Dana White will get dibs on that fight. But yeah, WWE should get into bed with Jon Jones if they can. He's a bigger draw than any of the WWE stars. The thing about a Brock Lesnar/Jon Jones fight in the WWE, and I'm going to see if I make sense here, haha, is that because they've trained people to think of wrestling as phony, then people are going to think that Brock vs. Jones is two real guys having a phony fight. I actually don't know how well it would do, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Brock's legit, so people buy him. Jon Jones is legit, so people buy him. But would people buy legit fighting in WWE? I think it would be more effective if Jon Jones worked with someone else or they did a tag team match. Because people will think that the context around it is bullshit, but there's a chance they might really fight or something.

Anybody Thrilla
10-18-2017, 12:19 AM
Brawl For All

Fignuts
10-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Thrilla hit the nail on the head. I don't watch wrestling for MMA. Even if it's a work. I'll watch UFC when I want to.

Mr. Nerfect
10-18-2017, 12:34 AM
New Japan under Inoki in the 2000's. Yeah, it's best to keep wrestling wrestling and fighting fighting. I mean, you can control the outcomes of wrestling, so you should be making even more money than the fighting industry.

OwenHartFan
12-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Thrilla hit the nail on the head. I don't watch wrestling for MMA. Even if it's a work. I'll watch UFC when I want to.

It's about ratings you idiot.

Just because you don't watch MMA doesn't mean there' a whole bunch of guys out there that watch both.

I still think this idea is dope.

Probably won't happen but I'd like to see Lesnar call out Jones at the Rumble.

OwenHartFan
12-17-2017, 12:21 PM
I think it would be more effective if Jon Jones worked with someone else or they did a tag team match.

Lol what the hell is this?

Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

"Lets bring in Jon Jones to work a tag match," Lol.

Destor
12-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Cant have a shoot fight without it being governed by the athletic commission. Them juicing all they want is not an option unless the match is a work. And as stated worked mma doesnt draw.

Further more its also powerfully stupid to do this. Lesnar loses and it hurts his draw. Risk for no reward. Lesnar doesnt gain anything from winning. Jones would but since he cant wrestle unless you plan on starring a new mma promtion with jones this is silly at best.

Savio
12-17-2017, 02:18 PM
Jones has an amateur wrestling background, perhaps they can a REAL wrestling match and not the fake RASSLIN garbage.

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2017, 11:02 PM
Lol what the hell is this?

Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

"Lets bring in Jon Jones to work a tag match," Lol.

Read Destor's next post. I explained my thinking on it.