PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens Suspended From UK Tour *Updated*

#BROKEN Hasney
11-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Yup. PWInsider and ProWrestlingSheet say they're getting nothing solid on the actual reason behind them being sent home after the SD taping, but Sports Illustrated sre saying that it's because they went into business for themselves during the promo.

The only thing even slightly off in that promo is a Ring of Honour reference and surely it can't be that? Personally, I'm leaning towards it being a work and they'll be off TV until Survivor Series and cost Smackdown the match.

UPDATE:

PWInsider.com has noted that there were reportedly multiple issues with Owens and Zayn during the tour including the Zayn/Kingston post-match segment. Owens was allegedly complaining on a tour bus after the show which was said to be "the last straw."

Update from the wrestling observer boards, per Big Dave Meltzer:

There's a lot of untrue info.

For one, the story of Owens being mad on the tour bus after the tapings isn't accurate. He was not even on the bus after the tapings.

The finish of the match was exactly as it was supposed to be. The post-match is a story that is being told different ways depending on how you hear it but that is the point of contention.

But that is the thing, any other stories are not accurate as it pertains to them being sent home.

None of this has to do with Neville,Jimmy Jacobs, etc. It was disciplinary, thus a lot of people don't know and are feeding inaccurate information.

RP
11-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Must just be dumb of them. Cant imagine them being defiant. I mean, they're getting huge pushes at the moment. It really would make no sense. But who knows.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Kevin Owens has said he doesn't memorize scripts word for word so it comes off more natural, so calling themselves Men of Honour might have not been them trying to be dicks, but miscalculated.

Like I said, I think this is a work, but someone did respond to me and mentioned we're now in a climate where even having your photo taken with RoH talent can warrant a firing, so who knows.

There's another rumor thst whatever caused this didn't air, but I'm not buying that yet. I know people who managed to get the feed and didn't mention anything. Hopefully that gets archived somewhere.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Must just be dumb of them. Cant imagine them being defiant. I mean, they're getting huge pushes at the moment. It really would make no sense. But who knows.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/004/155/CornetteFace.jpg

Lock Jaw
11-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Kevin Owens has said he doesn't memorize scripts word for word so it comes off more natural, so calling themselves Men of Honour might have not been them trying to be dicks, but miscalculated.

Never in a million years would I have assumed calling themselves "men of honour" was a Ring of Honour reference.......

Nothing wrong with it at all

RP
11-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Maybe they all had a Becky Lynch gangbang lined up and it got canceled at the last minute.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 06:17 PM
It would certainly ruin their credibility as heels if they were such gentlemen.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Latest on the story is that they were supposed to feed for New Day but went into business for themselves and just left the ring. That makes a lot more sense than the awesome promo work they did getting them into trouble.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-08-2017, 06:33 PM
I actually noticed they didnt feed for new day and found it peculiar but i also liked it. Like it made sense cuz they knew they were outnumbered so a hit and run was their best bet

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Best bet kayfabe wise that is. Apparently not a great idea as a shoot lol

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Suddenly I can see Owens & Zayn representing SmackDown at the Survivor Series in a Handicap Match against Kane.

Emperor Smeat
11-08-2017, 06:48 PM

Like I said, I think this is a work, but someone did respond to me and mentioned we're now in a climate where even having your photo taken with RoH talent can warrant a firing, so who knows.

There's another rumor thst whatever caused this didn't air, but I'm not buying that yet. I know people who managed to get the feed and didn't mention anything. Hopefully that gets archived somewhere.

Seems really dumb if true but then again wouldn't be the first time someone got heat or in trouble for ad-libbing part of a promo. Brad Maddox got fired because he used the word "pricks" once even though it was a dark segment I think.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:18 PM
I actually seem to remember that promo. I think it was on Main Event. But I might be making that up. But a lot of the time I think they're looking to cut some of these guys. If they like them, then they can let it go. It's not like they really want to keep Maddox and their hands were tied when he said "prick" once.

Evil Vito
11-08-2017, 07:27 PM
They were supposed to bump and feed for New Day and get run off after their match but instead they just took off. That's why New Day were waiting in the ring and no music was played.

Vastardikai
11-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I saw a thing where they apparently popped up in a Young Bucks video.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:41 PM
This might sound a little corny, but I was just thinking that maybe jumping the gun on this situation isn't right.

slik
11-08-2017, 07:42 PM
UPDATE:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Details on Why Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens Were Sent Home From UK Tour: <a href="https://t.co/HIvy00dtjZ">https://t.co/HIvy00dtjZ</a> <a href="https://t.co/Z8ogvJifrL">pic.twitter.com/Z8ogvJifrL</a></p>&mdash; Pro Wrestling Sheet (@WrestlingSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/928394142027321344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ryan Satin has confirmed both have nuclear heat and are expected to be de-pushed for a while as punishment.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Kane isn't booked for Survivor Series. Just saying.

Lock Jaw
11-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Oh no

How will they fit in the doghouse

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Zayn does his goofy dance in Kane's face and just gets an uppercut right in the jaw. Owens guffaws and goes "Hey! That's my best friend!" before getting one himself. Complete squash. Double Chokeslam. Kane gets on the mic. "Prize fighter? More like a fat bitch!" and then Sami Zayn's music hits and Kane does the Zayn dance.

Come on, you can just see it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Fat Man, Little Boy and Quebec Agreement references coming now, if they haven't been already.

slik
11-08-2017, 07:54 PM
PWInsider.com has noted that there were reportedly multiple issues with Owens and Zayn during the tour including the Zayn/Kingston post-match segment. Owens was allegedly complaining on a tour bus after the show which was said to be "the last straw."

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:55 PM
"Men of Honor? More like Men of JOBBER! Amiright? How you doin'?" - Enzo Amore, November 2017

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Sami & Kevin's new tag team theme:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7nveGbAvcLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Destor
11-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Lol @ "positive fan heat"

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Vince comes back and gives Owens a receipt for the headbutt, which he sells like a gunshot. Trainers and medics need to come out to stretcher Owens away and Zayn faints, also requiring medical attention.

Destor
11-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Listening to them describe a bump and feed was painful too...cringy

Anyways going into business for themselves is shit. Hope they get a nice tater for it. Sounds like they want out tho.

Volare
11-08-2017, 07:59 PM
2 new members of Bullet Club comin.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Sami Zayn will get to be the star that turns 205 Live around. Into the ground when he can't draw more than Enzo Amore.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Kevin Owens goes to New Japan and Tiger Hattori calls the police because the homeless have infiltrated the dojo.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Kevin Owens soon to get a narcoleptic gimmick where he falls asleep in the middle of matches, making it easier for his opponent to pin him. But sometimes he jactitates, kicking out. Owens starts whining about the crowds not being loud enough during his matches to wake him up so he's got a fighting chance.

Ruien
11-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Lol What? They are dumb.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Lol @ "positive fan heat"

Where'd you get that from? I'm trying to find the source because it sounds hilarious.

Emperor Smeat
11-08-2017, 08:32 PM
PWTorch's definition for "feeding"

The PWTorch glossary of insider wrestling terms defines “feeding” as: “The heel’s role during a babyface comeback where he runs at the babyface only to be repeatedly fended off, with the hope that the series of bumps by the heel will generate positive fan heat for the babyface.”

Droford
11-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Kevin Owens soon to get a narcoleptic gimmick where he falls asleep in the middle of matches, making it easier for his opponent to pin him. But sometimes he jactitates, kicking out. Owens starts whining about the crowds not being loud enough during his matches to wake him up so he's got a fighting chance.
Sleep Owens sleep

slik
11-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Where'd you get that from? I'm trying to find the source because it sounds hilarious.

Ol' Ryan Satin, whose desperate to be the next big pro-wrestling reporter. I mean, he's had some scoops...but he's had a lot of flops too.

Mr. Nerfect
11-08-2017, 10:33 PM
He tries. That he was adamant this was not a work is when I started believing it. He wouldn't say something definite unless it was definite, because that would kill his "serious wrestling reporter" gimmick dead.

Lock Jaw
11-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Ol' Ryan Satin, whose desperate to be the next big pro-wrestling reporter. I mean, he's had some scoops...but he's had a lot of flops too.

Where would you rate him compared to Kenton Lane?

slik
11-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Kenton is cuter and doesn't take wrestling news posting as seriously.

slik
11-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Update from the wrestling observer boards, per Big Dave Meltzer:

There's a lot of untrue info.

For one, the story of Owens being mad on the tour bus after the tapings isn't accurate. He was not even on the bus after the tapings.

The finish of the match was exactly as it was supposed to be. The post-match is a story that is being told different ways depending on how you hear it but that is the point of contention.

But that is the thing, any other stories are not accurate as it pertains to them being sent home.

None of this has to do with Neville,Jimmy Jacobs, etc. It was disciplinary, thus a lot of people don't know and are feeding inaccurate information.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2017, 01:35 AM
Weird, Kevin Owens doesn't look like he has an issue with feeding.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2017, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't take Meltzer as gospel over PWinsider though. The both just have their sources.

If they're unhappy, I hope they leave.

hb2k
11-09-2017, 04:17 AM
I'd suspect that they're unhappy that they've taken a backseat since the big heel turn, when they were the hottest act on the show, to put everybody else over to get them ready for Survivor Series. Losing to Orton, Nakamura, then putting over the New Day when they had so much direct interaction with Shane and they were the best act on the show is justified discontent.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 04:29 AM
I don't blame them for not being satisfied with the direction of the product. Hell, I'm not satisfied with it. I don't agree with them taking the booking into their own hands though. But it sounds like that is being disputed now. I'm curious to see what shakes out of the tree. Can't say I'm surprised though. Even though I wouldn't have expected it from Owens and Zayn, I think the differences between the main roster and NXT, and the difference between the expectations and the reality are going to fry some people.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-09-2017, 07:42 AM
Meh going into business for yourself is questionable but Shawn Michaes used to do it nightly and he became the #1 guy.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Yeah, true. I get the point. One of the biggest problems with the industry right now is that there aren't any stars, and no one is going to get over doing exactly what the WWE tells them. Something about this specific scenario just doesn't sit well with me though. I mean, even if the idea is a good one, then you've still got the end result that you're now likely to be de-emphasized completely, so you've essentially knocked yourself back three steps instead of taking one forward.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-09-2017, 08:07 AM
The goal may be to either make a point or to be let go. They know theyll.make good coin on the indies

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 08:14 AM
They probably should have just asked for their releases, because now they might not get out with a bit of humiliation. Maybe it'll babyface them for the geekier crowds? I dunno. I just feel it's very...juvenile.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-09-2017, 08:17 AM
We will probably never get the real story.

Evil Vito
11-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Wonder if Gedo can find room in G1 Climax 28 for Kevin Steen and El Generico.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 08:42 AM
We will probably never get the real story.

Maybe it's a little bit from Column A and a little bit from Column Becky Gang Bang?

erickman
11-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Wonder if Gedo can find room in G1 Climax 28 for Kevin Steen and El Generico.

they can be seat fillers at impact get 50 bucks a day

Danny Electric
11-09-2017, 01:02 PM
So what's this all aboot? :p

Danny Electric
11-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Maybe they will just storyline it all and said that they attacked Daniel Bryan backstage, unless that's already been discovered , not exactly up to date . Apart from the pin drop you could hear through most of 205 Live.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2017, 01:11 PM
I still think it's a work tbh. KO has Vince's ear and I could totally see them jeeping it between the three of them.

Theo Dious
11-09-2017, 01:54 PM
These kind of little dick lickers need to be sat down for a good long talk with the Miz. You're not guaranteed a top spot once you get it, and throwing tantrums and crying about it isn't the way to maintain your spot in the modern WWE climate, and if you're name isn't John Cena, you're replaceable. The Miz could have thrown hissy fits and complained about how he was used, instead he chose to make an indispensable part of WWE. When he was relegated to the Wrestlemania pre-show and a nearly empty arena he used it to get himself even more over.
Did Daniel Bryan detonate a snot bomb when he was pushed out of the main event picture into some of the lamest comedy WWE has ever produced? Nope, he chose to be awesome and WWE couldn't ignore the fan reaction. The only crybaby tantrum that ever got results was Punk, and that didnt last because he couldnt stop being who he is.

Bottom line, if they're unhappy with their spot and unwilling to work to improve it, in the words of Jim Cornette - "Thank you, fuck you, bye."

Theo Dious
11-09-2017, 01:54 PM
I still think it's a work tbh. KO has Vince's ear and I could totally see them jeeping it between the three of them.

This would be awesome though.

Evil Vito
11-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Did Daniel Bryan detonate a snot bomb when he was pushed out of the main event picture into some of the lamest comedy WWE has ever produced?

You best not have just disrespected Team Hell No.

Loose Cannon
11-09-2017, 02:09 PM
dick move but pretty hillarious. about time some of the boys said fuck it this writing sucks

Theo Dious
11-09-2017, 02:25 PM
You best not have just disrespected Team Hell No.

The team was awesome. The Dr Shelby bits in theory should have crashed and burned.

Evil Vito
11-09-2017, 02:37 PM
The team was awesome. The Dr Shelby bits in theory should have crashed and burned.

Ahh, I'd agree with that then. If the performers weren't into it could've been sooooo much worse.

Amazing what magic can happen when you have 3 people genuinely committed to the scene. Shout out to Harold, too.

Rebecca Reigns
11-09-2017, 02:42 PM
They would have never tried this on RAW because Roman Reigns is the locker room leader (he beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania for those who don't know) and he would have given them a Superman Punch and Spear the second they got backstage.

RP
11-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by pwinsider
PWInsider.com has noted that Kevin Owens could be released as soon as Sunday. Reports are that WWE will not give up on the Kevin Owens character though. Bray Wyatt is currently being groomed and clean shaved and pending medical clearance, will re-debut as the new Kevin Owens.

Big Vic
11-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Awesome, better for all 3 parties involved.

Cool King
11-09-2017, 03:20 PM
I hope they leave.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 03:42 PM
So I'm watching it back right now, and New Day were trying to kick them out of the ring. This is definitely a work.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Also, I thought the opening promo was great work from everyone involved, and the Zayn/Kofi match was tight. Honestly, Smackdown was great all around this week.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Could be a work, and I've always said they should try to work the internet to some degree, but this isn't the right way. I mean, to what ends? Owens & Zayn do something big at Survivor Series and we all go "Oh, it was all a work. Ha-ha. They got me," and then...nothing? The next time a report comes out everybody still says "This might be a work, but..." and then someone else says "Remember Zayn & Owens?"

It's actually very short-sighted and kind of unambitious if it is a work.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Are we really going to act like what they're doing right now isn't an anti-establishment thing where they're sick of being walked on? Being "sent home for behavior" would fit exactly into what they're doing. It fits the characters.

And honestly, nothing came across awkward to me on TV. Of course this is a fucking work. This is the only way to do it these days since everybody thinks they know so fucking much.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Blurred lines make dimes.

Making some t-shirts right now.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 04:41 PM
And if it IS a work, it's two days old. Jumping to conclusions is what I would call short-sighted.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Remember The Miz and R-Truth?

Evil Vito
11-09-2017, 04:43 PM
lol the entire roster walking out because Miz and R-Truth were attacking people was so ridiculous

RP
11-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Blurred lines make dimes.

Making some t-shirts right now.

makes chicks get bent out of shape when dudes pull there dicks out and masturbate in front of them.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2017, 05:12 PM
makes chicks get bent out of shape when dudes pull there dicks out and masturbate in front of them.

Maybe keep work shopping that one

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Perhaps, but that dude is making money. Wrestling is a slippery slope.

RP
11-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Perhaps, but that dude is making money. Wrestling is a slippery slope.

That's what Louis CK said

( you set that up on purpose )

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Throwing you some low-hanging fruit. You need it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 05:37 PM
And if it IS a work, it's two days old. Jumping to conclusions is what I would call short-sighted.

Nah, blowing it on these channels is short-sighted. Because regardless of how good it ends up being, that will require on-air content that will blow the idea of this not being a work. It's self-defeating in its very nature.

As soon as Owens & Zayn return with a push the tension his has built is out the window. There would be ways to use the internet for heat or to put fan support behind someone, but saying "they're in trouble" when they're obviously not defeats the point of saying "they're in trouble" in the first place, because they are obviously not. It's Russo stuff, and it would suck.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm not saying I think it would be good. I'm just saying I think it's a work, and we shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Throwing you some low-hanging fruit. You need it.

Louis CK was offering his low hanging fruit too.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 06:04 PM
There we go.

Swiss Ultimate
11-09-2017, 06:04 PM
These kind of little dick lickers need to be sat down for a good long talk with the Miz. You're not guaranteed a top spot once you get it, and throwing tantrums and crying about it isn't the way to maintain your spot in the modern WWE climate, and if you're name isn't John Cena, you're replaceable. The Miz could have thrown hissy fits and complained about how he was used, instead he chose to make an indispensable part of WWE. When he was relegated to the Wrestlemania pre-show and a nearly empty arena he used it to get himself even more over.
Did Daniel Bryan detonate a snot bomb when he was pushed out of the main event picture into some of the lamest comedy WWE has ever produced? Nope, he chose to be awesome and WWE couldn't ignore the fan reaction. The only crybaby tantrum that ever got results was Punk, and that didnt last because he couldnt stop being who he is.

Bottom line, if they're unhappy with their spot and unwilling to work to improve it, in the words of Jim Cornette - "Thank you, fuck you, bye."

What did Miz do at the Wrestlemania pre-show?

Mr. Nerfect
11-09-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm not saying I think it would be good. I'm just saying I think it's a work, and we shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

I had the work thought too, but I'm just saying that I think it would be stupid.

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Possibly. Doesn't mean they wouldn't do it, though.

Sepholio
11-09-2017, 08:28 PM
When has something being stupid ever stopped the WWE from going through with it?

Emperor Smeat
11-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Apparently the edit made to show wasn't related to the Sami-Owens incident but instead Shane McMahon messing up reading crowd reactions which made his segment awkward live.

On a related note, the pre-match segment went as it was supposed to but SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon did mess up, which forced officials to make an edit. Shane was booed when he mentioned SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan returning next week, which flustered him a bit. He then realized that fans were booing because they wanted Bryan there that night, not because they don't like him. There was an awkward edit made during that segment and this is why. There was also a mention of "men of honor" and some fans believed that was a reference to Ring of Honor but that was not the case.

Lock Jaw
11-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Thought it was weird that he mentioned Daniel Bryan would be back next week, and the fans cheered........ must have cut out the boos and skipped forward to them cheering again......

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-09-2017, 10:39 PM
IS THIS A WORK OR NOT?!

Anybody Thrilla
11-09-2017, 10:49 PM
That's what we've been wondering about, you see.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-09-2017, 11:00 PM
We want answers not wondering.

KIRA
11-09-2017, 11:08 PM
I want to hear Triple H's disappointed dad speech to both of them.

hb2k
11-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Cool as the duo is, Owens being politically aligned with Zayn is going to be trouble for him. Already is, clearly.

Evil Vito
11-10-2017, 11:34 AM
IS THIS A WORK OR NOT?!

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GET TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY???

Vastardikai
11-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Cool as the duo is, Owens being politically aligned with Zayn is going to be trouble for him. Already is, clearly.

Both have a reputation for being hard to deal with. And WWE isn't hard up for talent enough to let it slide at this point.

Destor
11-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Both have a reputation for being hard to deal with. And WWE isn't hard up for talent enough to let it slide at this point.
they are reall yhard up for talent

Cool King
11-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Thought it was weird that he mentioned Daniel Bryan would be back next week, and the fans cheered........ must have cut out the boos and skipped forward to them cheering again......

Am I missing something, because the fans did boo when Shane said Bryan would be back next week. :-\

Vastardikai
11-10-2017, 06:30 PM
they are reall yhard up for talent

They are hard up for writing talent. Not so much in ring talent. In ring talent can and should be a revolving door to keep things fresh.

Writing talent is so bad that you could put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters. At any point, you can go into the room, look at what's on the wall, and it would be a better, more coherent show than what WWE puts out.

Juan
11-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Crazy how many theories and rumors popped up in the two or three days since this story “broke”

After all that, looks like they’ll be back on TV next week, per PWI

DAMN iNATOR
11-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Hate to agree with Juan, but when you're right, you're right.

IMO, their promo last week has "worked shoot" written all over it, and it's pretty clear they're going to have them cost Team SDL the traditional 5-on-5. Preferably, some sort of scenario causing Shane to be eliminated via pin/submission/DQ/count-out as the last SDL competitor remaining.

#STORYTELLING

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-10-2017, 09:07 PM
huge fan of Damn's avatar. fantastic. Don't let it get to your head though, kid.

DAMN iNATOR
11-10-2017, 09:20 PM
huge fan of Damn's avatar. fantastic. Don't let it get to your head though, kid.

It's just a goofy one. Note the 1,000-yard-stare/deer in the headlights stare.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Meltz is saying that some of his sources are saying that Sami, Owens and New Day all thought they did what they were supposed to and it was all mis-communication.

hb2k
11-11-2017, 07:12 AM
Yeah, for better or worse, the word was that Owens especially was very upset he was being sent home, so a miscue might be the most logical outcome. Still, if so, seems like a drastic overreaction when the tour is already missing advertised talent left and right.

Juan
11-11-2017, 08:07 AM
Yeah, for better or worse, the word was that Owens especially was very upset he was being sent home, so a miscue might be the most logical outcome. Still, if so, seems like a drastic overreaction when the tour is already missing advertised talent left and right.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/28/fb/2328fbad20269cda55c185053e5cc420.jpg

Fignuts
11-11-2017, 08:30 AM
If it really was just a miscue, then yes, it was an overreaction.

Juan
11-11-2017, 08:43 AM
No, i agree. It just reminds me of Vince totally overreacting to Titus O’Niel grabbing him and suspending him for 60 days lol

Mr. Nerfect
11-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Vince was completely justified in punishing Titus over that?

Shadrick
11-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Vince was completely justified in punishing Titus over that?

Something can be justified but inconsistently enforced and an overreaction all at the same time.

Fignuts
11-12-2017, 01:46 AM
I don't think that was an overreaction.

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2017, 02:40 AM
Something can be justified but inconsistently enforced and an overreaction all at the same time.

I don't think it's an overreaction.

Shadrick
11-12-2017, 02:59 AM
I don't think it's an overreaction.

To suspend him or to suspend him for the length of time he originally suspended him for?

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2017, 03:03 AM
Either and both. I think he's extremely lucky to still have a job.

Juan
11-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Good thing Titus didn’t sneeze at the exact same time or that very well may have been the case

XL
11-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Either and both. I think he's extremely lucky to still have a job.

How much of that is due to him being not very good?

Evil Vito
11-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Titus O'Neil has been on the main roster for 7 and a half years and has not improved one iota in the ring during that span despite working with some of the best wrestlers in the world and having numerous resources available to him.

He's got a great look, is charismatic, is a genuinely nice dude who the company feels comfortable involving in PR initiatives, and he's African American. That he hasn't been pushed to the moon is a pretty big indicator of how god awful he is in the ring.

Anybody Thrilla
11-12-2017, 03:10 PM
That he hasn't been pushed to the moon is an indication that he is, in fact, African American.

Evil Vito
11-12-2017, 03:21 PM
I actually think WWE would like to have a prominent African American star at the top of the card at this point. But Titus sucks in the ring. Apollo Crews and Jason Jordan have all the charisma of a dry erase board. Shelton Benjamin is 42 years old. Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander are in the cruiserweight division and probably won't ever get out

The clearest answer is to push the shit out of Big E. The guy is only 31, looks like a million bucks, is bursting with personality, and does things a man his size shouldn't be able to do in the ring.

I get that they might be hesitant to have him go solo given that he's in a tag team that moves a shitload of merch....but shit. The man checks off every box. And just because they push him doesn't mean they have to throw away New Day. They can still be a stable with Kofi and Woods being in the tag division as E pursues a solo career.

Anybody Thrilla
11-12-2017, 03:31 PM
I would be all for a Big E monster push.

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2017, 04:40 PM
How much of that is due to him being not very good?

A large part.

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2017, 04:41 PM
I would be all for a Big E monster push.

He's one of the few guys that has got those tools sitting there. I'd be nervous for it though, because I can imagine them changing the stuff that works, swapping it for a smile and giving him the superhero promos.

Anybody Thrilla
11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
I mean, him smiling is what's been working.

Anybody Thrilla
11-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I really don't think that the New Day should ever break up, either. All alignment turns should be all together from here on out.

Ruien
11-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Ya. I want New Day together forever but Big E could easily be the star out of the bunch while still together. Even if it is for a brief time to be in the main event.

Emperor Smeat
11-12-2017, 06:29 PM
I really don't think that the New Day should ever break up, either. All alignment turns should be all together from here on out.

Believe Kofi and maybe Xavier hinted at retiring once New Day breaks up and convince Creative/Vince to give Big E a big push before they leave.

Anybody Thrilla
11-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Ya. I want New Day together forever but Big E could easily be the star out of the bunch while still together. Even if it is for a brief time to be in the main event.

Easily. I wasn't saying one was related to the other. Just thinking out loud. They could stay together and have him be a main eventer at the same time. :y:

DAMN iNATOR
11-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Kinda off-topic, but I was watching some random NFL game today and had to do a double take and had a good laugh @ one of the players actually being named Xavier Woods.

Tom Guycott
11-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Oh no

How will they fit in the doghouse

If I could find what I did with that pic, I would try.

Tom Guycott
11-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Easily. I wasn't saying one was related to the other. Just thinking out loud. They could stay together and have him be a main eventer at the same time. :y:

Like The Horsemen... there was no dispute that Flair was "the man". New Day could do the same thing. The problem is that Vince gets so trigger happy with needing to break up teams, there is almost no way this would happen. Sad that the most radical thing they could do is not have them turn on eachother.

Hell, if the Horsemen were in their prime right now, there would be some dissension in the ranks and they'd split into two teams then go their separate ways and somehow Tully would win the belt from Flair and Arn would leave and come back under a mask as a different wrestler and Ole would get shipped off to Smackdown...

Back to Big E, though: he *was* getting a monster push when he got brought up from NXT, with a fast track to a barely memorable IC run and possible main event megapush. Then, like with so many others, he caught a case of "bored now" booking, and didn't do shit for awhile besides carry the bags of Zigs and AJ Lee until the New Day thing started. So, who's to say that he wouldn't get another push just to have it halted for zero reason?

Anybody Thrilla
11-13-2017, 12:22 AM
That could happen, or they could realize that they had the right idea the first time and give him what he deserves. I'd at least like to see them try again. Big E now is much more over than Big E then, and he's been pretty amazing as of late.

Sepholio
11-13-2017, 12:33 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Big E has champion written all over him.

hb2k
11-13-2017, 04:24 AM
If they wanted to evolve the unit, they can do so while keeping them a team, agreed. When the whole thing started it looks like it was going to be a Nation rehash, with Xavier as an intelligent manager type. Not saying go back to the racial thing, but Big E as a serious heel threat with Xavier as the brains teaming with Kofi...Maybe Kofi as the star, Big E as back up and Xavier as the manager...could go a lot of ways, but almost all of them seem more attractive than breaking them up.

I don't see the idea of breaking up acts to get them heat. Look at Cass. Once he moved on from Enzo he was doomed, but had they turned both of them on a more popular babyface and made Enzo a mouthpiece for Cass, it would have been fine.

RP
11-13-2017, 12:18 PM
I said it like a year or two ago. They need to go Nation of Domination, but not call it that. Call it something new. Involve Ron Simmons and Mark Henry. They could get a really great run out of this if they were smart.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-13-2017, 12:28 PM
I said it like a year or two ago. They need to go Nation of Domination, but not call it that. Call it something new. Involve Ron Simmons and Mark Henry. They could get a really great run out of this if they were smart.

Why? They've aid before they're not those guys so it probably wouldn't work. As for really great run, no stable has probably had a run as good as them in the last 20 years bar the Shield.

RP
11-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Why? They've aid before they're not those guys so it probably wouldn't work. As for really great run, no stable has probably had a run as good as them in the last 20 years bar the Shield.

because it capitalizes on the pulse of America right now. It would make news. People would watch rather they like it or not. It would be talked about.

Anybody Thrilla
11-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Are you saying that the Fashion Police should shoot one of the New Day and get away with it, causing an outrage?

#BROKEN Hasney
11-13-2017, 03:49 PM
because it capitalizes on the pulse of America right now. It would make news. People would watch rather they like it or not. It would be talked about.

Who is going to play the Nazis though?

Evil Vito
11-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Heidenreich after his shocking return

#BROKEN Hasney
11-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Ziggler could probably pull it off too

Sepholio
11-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Adolph Ziggler

Mr. Nerfect
11-13-2017, 08:23 PM
I don't want to see them split or feud with each other. Xavier Woods playing the Samuel L. Jackson to Big E's Bruce Willis would be interesting, but it's not worth sacrificing all that merchandise and all that good will they all have. They're far better aligned than separate. Kofi and Woods could be cut down by a monster heel leading to Big E fighting them solo. Kofi and Woods can stick around as a tag team or even try their hand at singles acts themselves whilst all remaining under the New Day "banner." You could even have them share singles accolades from now on. Well, I wouldn't go over the top with it, but let's say Big E is WWE Champion -- having Xavier Woods defend the belt in Atlanta, Georgia because his friend trusts him so much could be a nice little moment.

I'd be fine with Roman Reigns as the "RAW guy" and Big E as the "SmackDown guy." I know which one I'd rather watch.

Mr. Nerfect
11-13-2017, 08:56 PM
On Big Cass: What worked about him was his chemistry with Enzo. He's not the worst on the mic, has a goofy personality that is somewhat endearing, plays off Scrappy-Doo well, and could be the more serious of the two. Enzo would help Cass stand out, but also allowed good contrast for when Cass got serious.

By turning him heel and taking away Enzo, you literally changed everything about him that was working, besides him being tall. It completely missed the point of what endeared him to audiences.

Mr. Nerfect
11-14-2017, 05:25 PM
For those who missed it, Orton literally (verbally) eviscerated Kevin Owens on Twitter.

Anybody Thrilla
11-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Anyone have a link to that?

Emperor Smeat
11-16-2017, 07:56 PM
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/1112/634038/randy-orton-and-kevin-owens-trade-shots-on-twitter/

Orton pretty much made fun of him for getting kicked out of the European tour and responding back to a vaping insult saying he quit doing it but Owens wouldn't know since it happened at the end of the tour.

Volare
11-17-2017, 11:33 PM
Captain resthold with the zing.

Mr. Nerfect
11-18-2017, 02:57 AM
I'm going to be honest: Every day I love Randy Orton more.