PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION - Should WWE appoint Kevin Nash as new head booker?

Evil Vito
11-12-2017, 10:08 AM
QUESTION - Should WWE appoint Kevin Nash as new head booker?

It's no secret that the creative direction in WWE has been stagnant for quite some time. The weekly television drags on with most of what you see on the show not amounting to much in the long run, and the PPVs feel largely meaningless.

Only one man is qualified to undertake creative for a company that produces both a 3 hour show and a 2 hour show every week: Kevin Nash.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UZ6DWhkEeDg/maxresdefault.jpg

Per Nash himself, the Monday WCW booking meeting was a disaster and a half because Thunder taped 2 episodes at a time, therefore meaning the following week's Nitro had to be written in order to write the 2nd episode of Thunder.

In total, the committee had to sit down and write 10 hours of television every meeting - and that's before you even consider that somebody could get hurt during a show which would fuck the following episodes up, or somebody could decide to not go along with what the bookers wanted to do ("that doesn't work for me, brother").

In modern WWE, everything is live which fixes one of the main pitfalls of WCW's booking schedule. Due to the brand split the committee won't have a roster anywhere near as bloated as WCW to try to write for. And since the shows are live and can be written the day of the event they won't be blindsided by injuries or illnesses that could've fucked everything up when they'd have to write 2 weeks at a time.

Best of all, the modern WWE roster doesn't have a lot of the same toxic egos that could make all the booking plans go to waste, brother. The only person that would need to sign off is Vince, and Vince would listen to Nash if he has any sense.

So what say you TPWW? Should Kevin Nash get the opportunity be the savior of WWE creative?

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-12-2017, 10:12 AM
He was pretty awful as a booker but fuck it why not? He would be better than the fucking Road Dogg lol

#BROKEN Hasney
11-12-2017, 10:15 AM
It doesn't matter who's there, Vince is the issue, so waving off that part is kind of moot.

Plus, he's busy.

http://cdn.sescoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Kevin-Nash-696x392.jpg

Bad News Gertner
11-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Kevin Nash's last day of booking gave us this gem: the greatest night of commentary ever.

lfjzvxgtLrs

Evil Vito
11-12-2017, 11:16 AM
It doesn't matter who's there, Vince is the issue, so waving off that part is kind of moot.

Theoretically yes. I read a lot of stories about how Vince and Hunter clash, and you could argue that if Hunter can't get through to Vince, nobody can. But I think an element of that is that deep down, every parent resents their in-laws to a degree. First he took his daughter and now someday he'll take his company.

Nash however is a master politician who I believe would be capable of pulling the strings in a way not even Hunter can. He might get Vince's ear. If Dunn likes Nash that will help his cause even more.

Evil Vito
11-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Kevin Nash's last day of booking gave us this gem: the greatest night of commentary ever.

lfjzvxgtLrs

Fantastic idea. Nash should do commentary as well. The new voice of WWE!

Ruien
11-12-2017, 11:27 AM
What has Nash done to be put into this position? I mean, I quit watching SD like 3 weeks after Road Dogg took over so it can't hurt. Need to get the guy who books the NBA. Always a lot of new and interesting drama there.

RP
11-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan and Dino Bravo

Simple Fan
11-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Maybe around this time every year wouldn't hurt. Old Glory Thunder was amazing.

Rammsteinmad
11-12-2017, 12:40 PM
You're all misspelling Disco Inferno.

Maluco
11-12-2017, 01:22 PM
If their directives are...

1. Wins/Losses mean nothing
2. Title are just props
3. Roman Reigns is our new John Cena

What is the point in even booking anything? If the results of matches are not important, then why would I watch them?

Mr. Nerfect
11-12-2017, 04:10 PM
No. Nash is witty and charming, but doesn't actually have much going on upstairs. His last booking run was a disaster, and if you go back and look at the news week by week (SCG Radio is great for that), then it becomes really obvious that he should have known better. One of the worst bookers of all-time. I know this is Nashvember and all, but keep Nash in the gifs and short clips where he belongs.

Nash as a personality is excellent though and would brighten up programming, but there's just nowhere sensible to really use him. Would he really add anything to commentary? Would he enhance anyone he managed?

Emperor Smeat
11-12-2017, 04:27 PM

Yeup, he would just end up be dealing with the same problem everyone on Creative has in the WWE.

If anything gets too popular, he'd have to worry about Vince meddling in to claim some credit or any long term plans be almost impossible because Vince constantly changes things.

Shisen Kopf
11-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Would love to see a finger poke of doom WWE style

Sepholio
11-13-2017, 12:46 AM
I dunno. Couldn't be worse than Road Dogg.

But I'd rather have Kevin Nash in a GM role.

hb2k
11-13-2017, 04:10 AM
He really could be worse than Road Dogg. In fact, he was. Kevin Nash was one of the worst bookers in the history of major league wrestling.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-13-2017, 06:42 AM
The only.difference being this time he wouldnt be booking himself.

Sepholio
11-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Kevin Nash booking got better ratings than Road Dogg booking.

Destor
11-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Nash had higher ratings when he took the book

Sepholio
11-13-2017, 08:31 AM
Stop trying to deflect. Nash is a hero for the ages. He is the greatest wrestler, booker, manager, commentator and promoter of all time. Do not dare to besmirch his name.

Helmsphere
11-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Stop trying to deflect. Nash is a hero for the ages. He is the greatest wrestler, booker, manager, commentator and promoter of all time. Do not dare to besmirch his name.

Not you mention the greatest Actor to portray a Pro Wrestler in the Dead Or Alive Movie.

Sepholio
11-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Also he was Super Shredder.

Mr. Nerfect
11-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Nash had higher ratings when he took the book

He had higher ratings, but he also had like the largest drop-off in a year in national televised wrestling history. That being said, contrary to popular belief, Russo made it worse when he took over.