PDA

View Full Version : ***UPDATE in Posts 29 & 56*** Rumored WrestleMania Matches

slik
01-22-2018, 02:12 AM
I've seen this pop-up on Twitter and a few other message boards -- and to be honest, I could see it happening -- but one of the rumored big matches for WM this year (other than the obvious Roman/Brock and maybe Cena/Taker) is....

HHH/Stephanie McMahon

vs.

Braun Strowman/Ronda Rousey

It makes sense RR would be protected in a tag bout and I could see WWE pairing her with Braun since he is 'a destructive force' and maybe a tag match is better for H since he is getting older...but...I'm not super excited about it. I kind of want HHH vs. Braun on it's own. I suppose we'll see what happens -- what are your thoughts on this rumored bout?

Sepholio
01-22-2018, 02:55 AM
While I would also rather see just HHH vs Braun, I can honestly say watching Braun hit HHH with the running powerslam while Ronda is busy choking out Stephanie nearby would be prettycool.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2018, 03:19 AM
I'd rather see Ronda as a guest referee/enforcer and Triple H and Stephanie nowhere near the card.

Evolution
01-22-2018, 06:32 AM
I'd rather see Ronda as a guest referee/enforcer and Triple H and Stephanie nowhere near the card.

Make her the referee for the Smackdown Women's title, while Paige can ref the Raw match

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2018, 06:59 AM
Make her the referee for the Smackdown Women's title, while Paige can ref the Raw match

I've secretly been hoping that's what happens. I am all for Ronda coming into the WWE and lending them star power, but I feel like it's a bit slap-dash at this point. "And here's Ronda!" I would like it if there was some sort of build and reason for her to mix it up with the ladies instead of "#WomensEvolution." It's a good way to gentrify Ronda out the gate.

At this point, I think the most exciting SmackDown side match they can put forward for the women is Charlotte vs. Becky. They're "best friends," Becky's never beaten her, blah, blah. Ronda being the special guest referee for that is going to lend more than enough to WrestleMania, which is going to be banking on Brock, Cena and Taker this year. It doesn't need her first wrestling match as an attraction. You can kind of stagger the big moments featuring her out until Mania next year, and give her the second Rumble win, or whatever.

I imagine people are going to assume that I'm suggesting this just because I like Becky, but it's honestly more for the Charlotte/Ronda interaction, because that's the match they will go to. Becky being there is incidental, really, beyond her just being a sort of over babyface that has got a style that kind of fits a match that Ronda would referee.

Fignuts
01-22-2018, 07:09 AM
Oh look.

A Slik thread.

Evil Vito
01-22-2018, 08:36 AM
Zero interest in that.

Destor
01-22-2018, 10:12 AM
I have no intrest in any of the 4 poeple in that match so if it were to happen it would be perfect

Splaya
01-22-2018, 11:57 AM
As long as Braun goes over, I don't care. And by going over, I mean hitting Stephanie with the running powerslam

XL
01-22-2018, 02:06 PM
I've secretly been hoping that's what happens. I am all for Ronda coming into the WWE and lending them star power, but I feel like it's a bit slap-dash at this point. "And here's Ronda!" I would like it if there was some sort of build and reason for her to mix it up with the ladies instead of "#WomensEvolution." It's a good way to gentrify Ronda out the gate.

At this point, I think the most exciting SmackDown side match they can put forward for the women is Charlotte vs. Becky. They're "best friends," Becky's never beaten her, blah, blah. Ronda being the special guest referee for that is going to lend more than enough to WrestleMania, which is going to be banking on Brock, Cena and Taker this year. It doesn't need her first wrestling match as an attraction. You can kind of stagger the big moments featuring her out until Mania next year, and give her the second Rumble win, or whatever.

I imagine people are going to assume that I'm suggesting this just because I like Becky, but it's honestly more for the Charlotte/Ronda interaction, because that's the match they will go to. Becky being there is incidental, really, beyond her just being a sort of over babyface that has got a style that kind of fits a match that Ronda would referee.

Similar to The Miz/Rock/Cena scenario.

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2018, 06:07 PM
Similar to The Miz/Rock/Cena scenario.

Yeah.

My Final Heaven
01-22-2018, 06:24 PM
We all know Steph is going over Ronda via tapout, after Shawn Michaels superkick interference.

"It doesn't matter that I didn't win :'( it's enough just being in the ring with a competitor like the Billion Dollar Princess, wife of The Cerebral Assassin, THE GAME! #KINGOFKINGS"

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2018, 06:46 PM
The idea that the company would try and put Stephanie over Ronda in order to "get heat" is not completely far-fetched.

Evolution
01-23-2018, 08:51 AM
The idea that the company would try and put Stephanie over Ronda in order to "get heat" is not completely far-fetched.

That's the part that worries me

Evil Vito
01-23-2018, 08:59 AM
I look forward to Stephanie's HOF induction and statue.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2018, 09:07 AM
For some reason, I don't see Stephanie having the same "tact" as Vince and not wanting herself to go in while she's still alive.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2018, 09:07 AM
I imagine she will go in as a performer, a General Manager, a Commissioner, for dancing, for charity, as a mother and for her place in the Women's Evolution.

My Final Heaven
01-23-2018, 09:36 AM
https://cdn-mf0.heartyhosting.com/sites/mensfitness.com/files/styles/wide_videos/public/mcmahon-hhh-moana-1280.jpg

Also for her awardwinning Lip Synch Battle skillz

Jordan
01-23-2018, 01:11 PM
I think that would be a great WM match.

Black Widow
01-23-2018, 01:37 PM
I have no intrest in any of the 4 poeple in that match so if it were to happen it would be perfectYou know that you'd still watch just to bitch the next day.

Theo Dious
01-23-2018, 01:57 PM
I imagine she will go in as a performer, a General Manager, a Commissioner, for dancing, for charity, as a mother and for her place in the Women's Evolution.

I'd also like to see her go in tor fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you.

Theo Dious
01-23-2018, 01:57 PM

Yes it is.

Also, fuck you.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2018, 06:39 PM
You've been drinking, Theo.

RP
01-23-2018, 06:40 PM
I have a crazy idea. How about no HHH at all for WM?

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2018, 07:45 PM
I have a crazy idea. How about no HHH at all for WM?

Hahahaha! But then what will Triple H do at WrestleMania?

Evil Vito
01-23-2018, 10:38 PM
Whenever Triple H isn't on camera at WrestleMania, everyone in the ring should be asking, "Where's Triple H?"

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Kiss the ring.

Mr. Nerfect
01-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Would like to see Rusev & Lana call out Triple H for being ugly and bad dancers and Handsome Rusev beat Triple H at WrestleMania. Probably the only Triple H match I am interested in.

slik
01-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Per the Wrestling Observer, Miz vs. Braun Strowman in penciled in for WrestleMania 34

Savio
01-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Wait but what about:

Vince McMahon is looking forward to WrestleMania 34, as he expects it to be a bright spot among WWE's recent declining attendance for live events. The feeling is that WrestleMania will sell itself, on name alone, for at least several more years, even if attendance continues to decline for house shows, tv and network specials (formerly called PPV's) and that WrestleMania can continue being held in large stadiums for the foreseeable future.

Early plans for 2018's event include Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, but that is not rumored to be the main-event of the show. Vince McMahon is aware Roman pinning Brock will likely garner a hostile reaction from the live crowd and as a result is planning on pushing the bout as a major selling point of WrestleMania to help solidify the Roman era, but not the main-event itself. John Cena vs. Jinder Mahal is expected to headline WrestleMania 34 currently. The hook for the match will be that if Cena can defeat Jinder he will break Ric Flair's World Title record but if he loses he will have to retire from WWE forever.

Other matches currently being discussed include Team Ronda Rousey vs. Team Bayley, Nikki Bella vs. Alexa Bliss, Braun Strowman vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Bray Wyatt vs. Kalisto, Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn, Finn Balor vs. Enzo Amore, Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose, HHH/Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle/Jason Jordan and AJ Styles vs. Kane. The Andre The Giant Battle Royal is expected to return and will help get many superstars on the WrestleMania card or pre-show. Bobby Roode is said to be the early favorite to win the Battle Royal.

WWE is also looking ahead at potential WrestleMania 35 host cities and would like to have a decision made by late 2017. Favored choices thus far include San Antonio, Dallas, Miami and Tampa.

credit - newsletters/sites/podcasts

slik
01-25-2018, 10:29 AM
That's several months old -- Miz vs Strowman is from this morning's newsletter. Plans change often for WM but get significantly solid (barring injuries) around this time.

slik
01-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Cena vs Undertaker is very much planned per Meltzer, despite not hinting at anything on RAW. Elias has been given the spot Samoa Joe was to have, as Cena will be on tv a lot leading to WM and needs a pre-WM feud.

Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan has taken the place of Seth vs Dean, as well.
Roman vs Brock is still a go as well.

Ruien
01-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Braun vs Miz seems odd. Love them both but dunno if I want to see them in a match. Just put Braun in the Andre Battle Royal (On the main card) and have him kill everyone. Have him enter the ring first and just annihilate everyone 1 by 1 as they try to enter.

Honestly, that is what we love about Braun. Give us what we love.

Big Vic
01-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Braun vs Miz seems like the path to give Braun the IC title before challenging for the WWE title again.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-25-2018, 11:05 AM
They're wanting to give Roman an extremely long reign apparently, so he probably won't be in the title picture until da big dawg has run out of challengers so the don't burn him up.

Big Vic
01-25-2018, 11:08 AM
He could also be moved to SDL.

slik
01-25-2018, 11:15 AM
They're wanting to give Roman an extremely long reign apparently, so he probably won't be in the title picture until da big dawg has run out of challengers so the don't burn him up.

I could see Roman/Joe as the post WM feud until the draft.

Then I am absolutely dreading Roman feuding with Baron Corbin, Jinder (...unless that experiment is done for) and a heel Randy Orton. I think it's safe to guess they'll move over any big SD heels to RAW as 'fresh meat' for The Big Dog.

slik
01-25-2018, 11:18 AM
I kind of hope SD gets a main-event scene of AJ, Samoa Joe and Finn Balor post-draft because I think Joe and Balor would do well there (and I think AJ wouldn't be in the title picture on RAW).

Frank Drebin
01-25-2018, 11:44 AM
Just announced:

Winner of the Andre Battle Royal gets to QB the XFL team of his choice.

Evil Vito
01-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Sooooo....Mojo Rawley repeats, then?

Jordan
01-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Braun vs Miz seems good, but seems like Miz would have to go over. I don't know the point of Braun just dominating the midcard as IC champ. He should be THE Champ.

Emperor Smeat
01-25-2018, 07:02 PM
Cena vs Undertaker is very much planned per Meltzer, despite not hinting at anything on RAW. Elias has been given the spot Samoa Joe was to have, as Cena will be on tv a lot leading to WM and needs a pre-WM feud.

Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan has taken the place of Seth vs Dean, as well.
Roman vs Brock is still a go as well.

Seems like a blessing in disguise Joe got hurt. Avoids being fed to Cena for his usual pre-Mania feuds. Also avoided a similar fate last time he got hurt since WWE was leaning on just feeding him to Cena to help build towards the eventual Cena-Reigns feud.

slik
01-25-2018, 08:23 PM
Braun vs Miz seems good, but seems like Miz would have to go over. I don't know the point of Braun just dominating the midcard as IC champ. He should be THE Champ.

Miz would never go over Braun unless WWE lost their mind.
It would be Mark Henry defeating Ryback at WrestleMania all over again.

Jordan
01-25-2018, 09:57 PM
Miz would never go over Braun unless WWE lost their mind.
It would be Mark Henry defeating Ryback at WrestleMania all over again.

I get it but I think the bigger story would be Braun chasing Miz after WM for pulling one over on him. Eventually smashing him, costing him the title to someone cool and then taking the MITB briefcase when he wants it.

Just a lil fantasy

slik
01-26-2018, 10:25 AM
Twitter dude who broke the XFL returning, @TheBradShepard said he will talk about the WM location on his podcast later today...if he gets WM 35 location/XFL returning right then 2 for 2 is a good track record...I'll listen when it's available and let every1 know what he says.

slik
01-26-2018, 11:26 AM
His podcast is horrible, so f***ing boring.

He says MetLife Stadium is the host.

slik
01-26-2018, 11:28 AM
Oh wait, he just said they could change it to Citi Field possibly.

James Steele
01-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Oh wait, he just said they could change it to Citi Field possibly.

They aren’t putting it in a baseball field that will cut the attendance number in half compared to if it was held in MetLife.

Jordan
01-27-2018, 08:41 AM
They aren’t putting it in a baseball field that will cut the attendance number in half compared to if it was held in MetLife.

There is a lot of logic in that statement but.... for me, it's a straight 25 minute subway ride away and having WM be that accessible would be a dream come true, ya feel?

Jordan
01-27-2018, 08:42 AM
They could set an attendance record for Citi Field easy though, they'd love that.

mike adamle
01-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Really hope it isn't Braun vs. Miz. Braun needs that main event level match with preferrably Triple H but if not him I think Samoa Joe would work.

Here's what I'm hopeful for:

Career vs. Career
John Cena vs. The Undertaker

WWE Universal Title Match- Brock Lesnar (C) vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Title Match- AJ Styles (C) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

No Holds Barred Grudge Match- Braun Strowman vs. Triple H

WWE Intercontinental Title Ladder Match- The Miz (C) vs. Samoa Joe vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor vs. Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt

Kurt Angle vs. Jason Jordan

WWE Tag Team Title Triple Threat Match- Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin (C) vs. The Usos vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

60 Minute Iron Man Match- Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal

Jordan
01-27-2018, 10:44 AM

:|

rockman725
01-27-2018, 10:48 AM

That would be a perfect match for their 22 hour preshow.

owenbrown
01-27-2018, 02:10 PM
I would probably be in favor of Brock vs Roman.... IF IT WASN'T FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING UNIVERSAL TITLE... STOP TRYING TO CROWN ROMAN ROIDS!!!

mike adamle
01-27-2018, 02:36 PM
I was just kidding about the Orton-Jinder match. The more I think about it though I think Randy Orton should challenge Bobby Roode for the United States title citing he wants to be a grand slam champ. Maybe they could make a blood feud out of it and make Bobby Roode mean something.

slik
01-29-2018, 01:31 AM
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/update-ronda-rouseys-wwe-wrestlemania-34-plans-250741

Meltzer just posted the plan is still for Rousey/??? vs Steph/HHH

XL
01-29-2018, 08:13 AM
Braun or Angle?

Jordan
01-29-2018, 07:06 PM
I think WWE read my posts and aren't going to have Kurt Angle wrestle at WM.