PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy Stock in WWE?

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-03-2018, 09:01 PM
I recently signed up for an app with no fees for purchasing stocks. I was thinking of investing some of my tax return into the stock market. They give a free share of a random stock for signing up. Currently that stock is worth like 6 dollars (XM Sirius Radio.)

Would you invest real money to buy stock in WWE right now?

Nicky Fives
02-03-2018, 09:05 PM
First rule of finance and investing is to invest in something you know....

Shisen Kopf
02-03-2018, 09:05 PM
No. Especially with Vince rebooting the XFL. WWE stock is at $34 a share right now. That's almost the highest it's ever been worth. Wait for it to drop back in the $20s before you buy. Never buy high.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-03-2018, 09:06 PM
First rule of finance and investing is to invest in something you know....

Then it would be a yes for me.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2018, 09:10 PM
No. Especially with Vince rebooting the XFL. WWE stock is at $34 a share right now. That's almost the highest it's ever been worth. Wait for it to drop back in the $20s before you buy. Never buy high.

This. They're going to try and push it to $40, but the WWE ceiling can pop very quickly. I'd wait for the XFL to hit, WWE to start cutting costs, the state of TV and where Network subs are. Especially after they are set to lose Brock, might lose Cena, are banking on Reigns and the average age of a WWE performer seems higher than it's ever been. Also, they are pushing the women hard. Maybe a bit too hard. See what that does for their credibility.

There are much better things to invest in, steady as their stock price has been. It'll be steady until it is not.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Then it would be a yes for me.

Just because you know something doesn't mean you invest in it though.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Oh, fuck, I read the poll wrong. I went by the thread title and the poll flips the meaning. Yes, it is risky. No, I would not buy stock.

Shisen Kopf
02-03-2018, 09:30 PM
I read it wrong too. Oh well figures, it's an STD poll. And where is the Loose Canon option?

Emperor Smeat
02-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Not at current prices but have thought for a long while about buying a token share or bare minimum on the side as some appreciation for being a longtime fan. Nothing serious or that would affect the portfolio.

WWE's been rising too fast recent and the last time Wall Street was this happy, it lead to their stocks crashing down in value afterwards. Happened with the Network and again with their current tv deal. Both times took over a year or two for the stocks to rebound to regular levels.

DrA
02-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Hell no, I'll only buy shares in New Japan and Ring of Honor.

Simple Fan
02-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Off to a good start taking stock tips from bias assholes.

Bad News Gertner
02-03-2018, 10:01 PM
You should invest in CHW

#1-norm-fan
02-03-2018, 10:18 PM
At the risk of being a biased asshole... Why would you ask a yes or no question in the thread title and then ask a different question in the poll that flips the meaning of what a "yes" or "no" answer would suggest?

lolSTD

#1-norm-fan
02-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Also, a thread about gambling with money? I'm telling you, Droford and STD are slowly morphing into the same exact human being.

Shisen Kopf
02-03-2018, 10:24 PM
You should invest in CHW

They closed for good last year. I'm thinking about buying stock in that backyard mma fed. So good.

#1-norm-fan
02-03-2018, 10:28 PM
StreetBeefs will put UFC out of business soon. Strike while the iron's hot.

Droford
02-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Hnmy the people financing Moviepass

Droford
02-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Also, a thread about gambling with money? I'm telling you, Droford and STD are slowly morphing into the same exact human being.

Stocks aren't really "gambling"

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Fan is becoming obsessed with me. So many posts but blocked so only saw that dumbshit response. Investing is not gambling.

Droford
02-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Incoming "STD even blocked me like droford did" comment

#1-norm-fan
02-04-2018, 12:35 AM
The proven liars having a pussy pow wow.

#1-norm-fan
02-04-2018, 12:37 AM
Incoming "STD even blocked me like droford did" comment

*pretended to block me as an excuse to not have to acknowledge getting owned and being fan's bitch

Also, you're both totally right. Investing is not gambling. You should both throw all your money into the stock market. Don't even worry about which stock, since there is 0 gamble involved. Nothing to do but make money.

Droford
02-04-2018, 12:44 AM
I had you blocked.

#1-norm-fan
02-04-2018, 12:48 AM
You were proven to be a liar and you ignored it just like you did every other piece of evidence in that thread. Morph into one account with STD already. Too much derp for two posters to be throwing out.

Also, go invest all your money into random stocks already. Why are you waiting? It's literally not a gamble at all. You're losing money sitting here doing... whatever it is you do here...

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2018, 11:26 AM
I'd consider investing in the WWE gambling.

slik
02-04-2018, 02:07 PM

^^^

ClockShot
02-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Nope. Used to have some shares a long time ago when they first went public.

But, we dumped it awhile back. It really never went anywhere. A few bad ideas, the XFL 1.0 disaster, company direction was just a few reasons.

DaveWadding
02-04-2018, 02:58 PM

Take advice from this guy, who has interacted with WWE shareholders at three (3) Wrestlemanias.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Nope. Used to have some shares a long time ago when they first went public.

But, we dumped it awhile back. It really never went anywhere. A few bad ideas, the XFL 1.0 disaster, company direction was just a few reasons.

Film department was leaking a lot of money for a long time there. Might still be.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Some of their movies have been successful.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Film department was leaking a lot of money for a long time there.

Outsider
02-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Nope.

Too many warning signs in their current business model.

Attendances falling, risky investments planned, TV rights due for renewal, a customer base which has been stagnant for a long period and a Network product which has failed to generate the foreseen benefits.

Combine that with anyone with a spot of product knowledge indicating no strategy to address many of these issues and I can't see how anyone would put a penny near them.

Although what do I know? Only stocks I have are ones a mate of mine who works for a bank convinced me would be a good idea to buy and they've been worth less for four years consistently. Twat.

Shisen Kopf
02-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Take advice from this guy, who has interacted with WWE shareholders at three (3) Wrestlemanias.

4 actually. WM18. 23, 24, 33. I know, i rule!

Droford
02-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Probably not a good time to be investing in stocks.
#crashingaswespeak

Mr. Nerfect
02-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Nope.

Too many warning signs in their current business model.

Attendances falling, risky investments planned, TV rights due for renewal, a customer base which has been stagnant for a long period and a Network product which has failed to generate the foreseen benefits.

Combine that with anyone with a spot of product knowledge indicating no strategy to address many of these issues and I can't see how anyone would put a penny near them.

Although what do I know? Only stocks I have are ones a mate of mine who works for a bank convinced me would be a good idea to buy and they've been worth less for four years consistently. Twat.

Sorry to hear about your stocks. Hopefully they rise to unforeseen heights soon. But very sound reasoning as to the rest.