PDA

View Full Version : Newest Member of the Hall of Fame is...

slik
02-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Right To Censor was her best work imo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: As first reported by <a href="https://twitter.com/espnW?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@espnW</a>, Ivory will be inducted into the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WWEHOF?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WWEHOF</a> Class of 2018! <a href="https://t.co/i3PrrKfoCM">https://t.co/i3PrrKfoCM</a></p>&mdash; WWE (@WWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE/status/963099742598320129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Destor
02-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Every woman from the 90s will go in strictly due to them needing 1 a year now.

Destor
02-12-2018, 12:24 PM
There will be no merit to these though

slik
02-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Beth Phoenix was questionable imo

I would put in Victoria probably. The two most popular 90's ladies (who weren't Sunny) probably will never go in (Sable and Chyna).

Evil Vito
02-12-2018, 12:28 PM
Ivory was objectively more deserving than Beth (and I love Beth). Had a lengthy career in GLOW before coming to WWE and she also served as a trainer for quite a while.

Destor
02-12-2018, 12:30 PM
If beth is a metric for entry then Ivory deserves in...problem is beth shouldnt have went in either

slik
02-12-2018, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to them inducting Fink (if he's not in, I'm sure he has to be), Tony Chimel and Lillian Garcia.

Vickie G and Eric Bischoff both deserve a spot as well. I'm not really sure of any other females that are HOF worthy though (I'm sure they'll offer it to Torrie or Kelly Kelly at some point).

Destor
02-12-2018, 12:33 PM
I dont think HoFers need to be good, I think they need to be memorable...Torrie is more HoF worthy than Ivory

#1-norm-fan
02-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Yeah, Ivory isn't the craziest choice for a HoF spot... But the standards for women are just ridiculously low. We're gonna start getting random Godfather "lady friends" in soon enough.

Evil Vito
02-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I didn't understand Beth's induction. Loved her and all but her run wasn't all that long and it was exclusively during a really weak point in women's wrestling.

I'll feel the same way when Michelle McCool goes in one of these years.

Destor
02-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Yeah, Ivory isn't the craziest choice for a HoF spot... But the standards for women are just ridiculously low. We're gonna start getting random Godfather "lady friends" in soon enough.Victoria? :lol:

Yeah, I didn't understand Beth's induction. Loved her and all but her run wasn't all that long and it was exclusively during a really weak point in women's wrestling.

I'll feel the same way when Michelle McCool goes in one of these years.
To Beht's credit I think thats exactly why she went in. she was the one carrying pure trash to something that resembled marketable.

#1-norm-fan
Watch Paige go in next year. lol

Destor
Hard job to have

Evil Vito
Since Ivory was in GLOW, I demand she be inducted by the Welfare Queen

Destor
02-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Beth going in was like the office saying "we are so sorry for that dacedeish"

#1-norm-fan
02-12-2018, 12:39 PM
https://ringthedamnbell.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/bb.jpg

Future Hall of Famer

Evil Vito
02-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Ivory's in that group of performers where I didn't realize how good she was until I was older and started to really understand the business. The best heels in the business are the ones who can generate heat simply by telling the truth. Ivory told the truth in pretty much all of her promos during the Attitude Era, criticizing women for degrading themselves in bra and panties matches and the like. And she'd get booed out of the building as a result.

It sure worked on me, 10/11 year old me haaaaaaated Ivory.

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Ivory was a great heel. She's super annoying so her speech will be awful.

slik
02-12-2018, 01:11 PM
Yeah, Ivory isn't the craziest choice for a HoF spot... But the standards for women are just ridiculously low. We're gonna start getting random Godfather "lady friends" in soon enough.

Ryan Shamrock 2019

Evil Vito
02-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Had a gigantic boner for Ryan Shamrock in 1999

slik
02-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Kelly Kelly's induction speech one day will be the stuff of legend

Ezra
02-12-2018, 01:21 PM
If they are legit about this women's revolution they should have gotten Gail or Kong. I know, I know, it's TNA but most credit this is where it began. Plus I think both are retired now.

owenbrown
02-12-2018, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to them inducting Fink (if he's not in, I'm sure he has to be), Tony Chimel and Lillian Garcia.

Vickie G and Eric Bischoff both deserve a spot as well. I'm not really sure of any other females that are HOF worthy though (I'm sure they'll offer it to Torrie or Kelly Kelly at some point).

Don't remember what year he went in but Fink is already in the HOF. Chimel and Lilian should go in to. Chimel should be inducted by Edge.

#1-norm-fan
02-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Ivory was a great heel. She's super annoying so her speech will be awful.

She seems like a MILF who is laid back and probably down to do some weird stuff.

I'm a fan.

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Lol she's not laid back. She's ridiculously hyper in every interview I've seen.

#1-norm-fan
02-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Laid back personality-wise. Like... not at all uptight.

She's definitely hyper but that just lends credence to my "down to do some weird stuff" theory.

Shisen Kopf
02-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Beaver Cleavage's mom for HOF

https://prorasslin.club/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/beaver-cleavage-crying.png

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 05:11 PM
I know they won't put her in because it's been so long and nobody knows who she is, but with the whole Women's Revolution stuff, this would be been the perfect year to put in Leilani Kai in the women's wing . Put Cyndi Lauper in the celebrity.

Sixx
02-12-2018, 05:20 PM
But she's a girl, ewww.

Droford
02-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Beaver Cleavage's mom for HOF

https://prorasslin.club/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/beaver-cleavage-crying.png

Speaking of mothers..Judy Bagwell for HOF.

Thatd be funny

Sixx
02-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Speaking of mothers..Judy Bagwell for HOF.

Thatd be funny

Judy Bagwell should enter the ceremony on a pole, too.

EIWF
02-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Has the hall of fame ever been credible? They have some people in it who shouldnt be.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2018, 06:21 PM
I like Ivory. She's hot and I agree with #1-wwf-fan's assessment. She also publicly bashes Triple H, which will probably cease now, but is pretty funny. Good for her, but what does it really mean?

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Has the hall of fame ever been credible? They have some people in it who shouldnt be.

Like who?

#1-norm-fan
02-12-2018, 08:22 PM
I know they won't put her in because it's been so long and nobody knows who she is, but with the whole Women's Revolution stuff, this would be been the perfect year to put in Leilani Kai in the women's wing . Put Cyndi Lauper in the celebrity.

It seems kinda insane that Lauper isn't in yet.

#1-norm-fan
02-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Like who?

Not to swoop in and steal this question but... does the celebrity wing count or can everyone agree that at least that part is just silly and packed with people who don't even belong in a "legit" celebrity wing?

Juan
02-12-2018, 08:53 PM
It seems kinda insane that Lauper isn't in yet.

I think I heard or read somewhere that they’ve offered to induct her before but she’s turned it down.

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Which is weird because she was on Raw with Richter in that segment with Slater

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Not to swoop in and steal this question but... does the celebrity wing count or can everyone agree that at least that part is just silly and packed with people who don't even belong in a "legit" celebrity wing?

Of course it's silly

Evil Vito
02-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Good for her, but what does it really mean?

From a monetary standpoint, I think HOFers all get Legends contracts if they didn't already have them, which means WWE can bring them in for nostalgia shows or get them booked for signings or whatever the fuck.

Really though it's just the WWE equivalent of giving an employee a golden watch as a thank you for their service.

Bad News Gertner
02-12-2018, 10:04 PM
Ivory also had a large hand in training Trish Stratus and Lita. She definitely deserves to be in

Droford
02-13-2018, 12:45 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ivory's Hall Of Fame induction reminded me of the time <a href="https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BeckyLynchWWE</a> wrestled her in ECCW back in 2006! <a href="https://t.co/XpnIU1GEeF">pic.twitter.com/XpnIU1GEeF</a></p>&mdash; yiorgos (@bexmode) <a href="https://twitter.com/bexmode/status/963134751640113152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Emperor Smeat
02-13-2018, 01:02 AM
Makes sense Ivory got the nod considering the only other notable female stars from the Attitude Era not in the Hall are Sable and Chyna. Maybe Molly Holly as well even though she arrived very late into the era.

They were already dealing with a very small pool to begin with considering WWE's history and have most of the big stars in their Hall for the pre-Divas era.

Tom Guycott
02-13-2018, 01:24 AM
If they are legit about this women's revolution they should have gotten Gail or Kong. I know, I know, it's TNA but most credit this is where it began. Plus I think both are retired now.

Anytime they brought in Gail Kim, they would push her to a championship on her first night, and then promptly proceed to not use her, or load her in a multi-Diva tag match that had not rhyme or reason. And that short stint for Kong/Kharma got derailed with a pregnancy (and subsequent miscarrage). Neither woman really did anything of note in WWE, and since most of their accomplishments *was* in TNA, a place WWE is dead set on never acknowledging even existed, it is highly doubtful unless WWE ends up with their tape library and their so-called Hall of Fame.

Don't remember what year he went in but Fink is already in the HOF. Chimel and Lilian should go in to. Chimel should be inducted by Edge.

:y:

Or Bull Nakano. And I ain't saying that just because of Fignuts' avatar picture.

Also Luna. And Miss Elizabeth ain't in? Serously?

Like who?

In all seriousness, Koko B. Ware kinda falls into that hole.

#1-norm-fan
02-13-2018, 02:10 AM
Koko was pretty over. Especially by WWE HoF standards.

DAMN iNATOR
02-13-2018, 02:28 AM
The Lesbians for HoF '19. #HLA

Bad News Gertner
02-13-2018, 04:24 AM
Makes sense Ivory got the nod considering the only other notable female stars from the Attitude Era not in the Hall are Sable and Chyna. Maybe Molly Holly as well even though she arrived very late into the era.

They were already dealing with a very small pool to begin with considering WWE's history and have most of the big stars in their Hall for the pre-Divas era.

There's still a pretty decent amount to choose from

My Final Heaven
02-13-2018, 11:42 AM
Beth went in because she's Edge's wife. That's it.

My Final Heaven
02-13-2018, 11:53 AM
Speaking of young Becky Lynch -

http://i.imgur.com/XFhYi0k.png

Check out the look she's giving Finn there. You know he's hit that like a missile at least once.

EIWF
02-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Like who?

The Godfather.

Ernie Ladd, you could argue he should be in the hall of fame as the wwe hof represents all american wrestling now. But he was inducted in the 90's by the wwf when he had accomplished his stuff in other feds not the wwe.

Bad News Gertner
02-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Ernie Ladd was a huge draw and challenged Sammartino, Backlund and Morales for the title. He also had a big feud against Andre. Ladd had a great run in the company.

It's a fake Hall of Fame for a fake sport. The Godfather was a very over and fun character during the peak of the company. I have no issues with anybody in the Hall of Fame, because it's fake.

#1-norm-fan
02-13-2018, 05:32 PM
I think everyone agrees it's a bullshit HoF. When someone says that people "don't deserve" it, they tend to just be in the context of "if it were legit". The same way you argue someone DOES deserve it.

No one DESERVES to be in the Hall of Fame. It's just a trivial, bullshit hall of fame that doesn't signify anything really. If you think someone deserves to be in it, then you obviously have some merits you've judged the right to be inducted on and therefore there has to be people who DON'T deserve it by those merits.

Destor
02-13-2018, 05:36 PM
All hall of fames are a work

Destor
02-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Also the notion that koko shouldnt be in is silly. He was marquee attraction. Guy had his own dressing rooms.

Destor
02-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Dunno if you guys know this but the belts are work. He was an important to the circus

Droford
02-13-2018, 05:41 PM
Next HOF'er supposedly

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/gallery_img_l/public/photo/image/2014/06/001_misc_0032.jpg
Mike Johnson mentioned on today’s PWInsider Audio Hotline that multiple people within WWE have informed him that there is talk of inducting Jeff Jarrett into the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame class.

Destor
02-13-2018, 05:43 PM
I don't believe it for a second

Destor
02-13-2018, 05:44 PM
Only way Jarrett goes in is if he signs vince a check for 500k

Sixx
02-13-2018, 05:54 PM
Yeah, next they're gonna induct TNA as a stable.

EIWF
02-13-2018, 07:25 PM
Yeah, next they're gonna induct TNA as a stable.

Now that would make an IMPACT!

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-13-2018, 07:42 PM
The WWE will choo choo choose him?

Mr. Nerfect
02-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Jeff Jarrett will go in one day. Not sure if this year is the year though.

Fignuts
02-13-2018, 08:07 PM
Beth honestly deserves to go in based solely on keeping the spirit of womens wrestling alive in WWE amidst a cavalcade of model search divas that didnt give two shits and were just using it as stepping stone to become actresses or something.

Remember when they booked her to lose the belt to some no talent hack who I cant remember a day before she would break the record for longest reign in her home fucking town? Then they didn't use that heartbreaking loss in any meaningful way, but just threw her in the background so the new talentless ax wound champion could feud with a different talentless ax wound?

Christ. Poor girl. Deginitely earned that induction far as i'm concerned.