PDA

View Full Version : RAW 2.19.18 - OFFICIAL THREAD - Sponsored by J-A-Double R - E - Double T ***BUY GOLD NOW***

Pages : 1 [2]

Sepholio
02-19-2018, 11:06 PM
The guy in the 2nd row with the XFL LOL :D sign is my hero

Evil Vito
02-19-2018, 11:36 PM
So after a brilliant first hour and a half.....the rest of the show saw The Miz getting pinned. Yes, it was to Braun but logically that's a match Miz could have/should have chickenshitted his way out of and taken a count out, the aftermath would've been unchanged. The Bar lose to Titus Worldwide (again). And Alexa taps out.

If anybody wonders why nobody gets over when they win a title, it's because the champions lose clean all the fucking time when the title isn't on the line. Beating them to take the title off of them doesn't mean anything.

#1-norm-fan
02-20-2018, 01:36 PM
So they really put Seth Rollins over their two top guys clean heading into WrestleMania. They REALLY don't give a fuck about anyone ACTUALLY looking strong before they try to hype "OMG THIS GUY IS SO UNBEATABLE" these days. Jesus.

rockman725
02-20-2018, 01:52 PM
So they really put Seth Rollins over their two top guys clean heading into WrestleMania. They REALLY don't give a fuck about anyone ACTUALLY looking strong before they try to hype "OMG THIS GUY IS SO UNBEATABLE" these days. Jesus.

Probably that one rare case where what you say above really doesn't matter. The two matches are going to be Reigns/Lesnar and Cena/Taker.

The jury is already out on Reigns. There is nothing he can do with his current "persona." No reason for him to look "strong" when he'll win the chamber match on Sunday. I agree with what was said earlier that it was a great showcase to bring Rollins back up to par after the collapse of the Shield reunion & the Jason Jordan mess.

Cena is Cena. He's going against Taker. If Taker was still undefeated at mania than I can totally see your point. He's not so he's beatable...especially with Reigns beating him last year. It's a special attraction match, plain & simple.

#1-norm-fan
02-20-2018, 02:10 PM
You've still gotta build the match. Just saying "Fuck it" with Reigns but still booking him against Lesnar at WrestleMania just makes it worse. Either make him look strong going into WrestleMania or have him job and throw him into a match lower on the card. You can't half-ass it.

#1-norm-fan
02-20-2018, 02:12 PM
As far as Cena, I'm not convinced he's facing Taker. Either way though, jobbing him to anyone and everyone like they have been just makes beating him mean less for everyone moving forward.

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2018, 05:09 AM

This is like the third post I've made about this, but this actually makes sense if the plan is to re-focus on Rollins because he's facing Brock. They are obviously somewhat invested in all three Shield guys. They're all the same age and will probably be involved with each other for years and years and years. There's no real reason this can't be Seth's year, other than there has been shitty build to everything.

If it turns out they are just doing Reigns vs. Brock as planned, then I'll completely agree with you. And I expect that. But if they go with Seth winning the Chamber, then him beating Reigns and Cena in the same night adds that "oomph" to him. If it's just to share in the wealth...because. Um, yeah, this was pretty fucking dumb.

Cena losing doesn't bother me as much as Reigns losing, because I have a feeling that Cena losing is going to be his motivation for being the third strike against Taker. I know a lot of people are expecting Taker's career to be on the line or something, but I can see something a bit more backwards where Cena puts his on the line to try and beat him. Something like what Shawn Michaels did. I can even see Michaels being the referee or something.

Evil Vito
02-22-2018, 09:06 AM
I think they had Rollins go over Reigns and Cena because they want to hype Rollins as a huge deal when he ends up being Rousey's tag team partner. WWE probably view that match as more important than anything else on the show.

Evil Vito
02-22-2018, 09:10 AM
WWE would totally shoot their loads promoting OMGZ FIRST TIME WOMEN HAVE MAIN EVENTED WRESTLEMANIA even when it's a tag match involving male superstars and two non-wrestler females.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2018, 04:17 AM
That's likely true. I mean, I wouldn't consider Rousey a "non-wrestler" at this point, but I can definitely see them promoting it the most. I can't see it headlining though, for whatever reason, although it wouldn't shock me.

#1-norm-fan
02-23-2018, 10:53 AM
The first time women main event WrestleMania being a match featuring Stephanie McMahon would be pretty hilarious.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2018, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't put it past them...