PDA

View Full Version : List wrestling personalities you love/hate

Swiss Ultimate
04-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Good example: I love Shawn Michaels, but either don't give a shit about his life outside of wrestling or actively dislike him.

Less good example: I kind of think Jim Cornette is a genius, but also incredibly retarded on his philosophy of booking. He switches between brilliant and antiquated, but I respect his DGAF opinions.

He's also a huge piece of shit in real life from what I've seen.

You go.

Bad News Gertner
04-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Cornette is tremendous, and an even better person.

Swiss Ultimate
04-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Damnit Gertner...you should have said,

"Are you going to take that, Jim?"

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2018, 10:47 PM
I adore Cornette. Heard he was antiquated by people on the net, but honestly, a lot of it is absolute bullshit. The mistake he made was using logic to tear into internet favorites. What happens is that people get this cognitive dissonance thing going and just make up things he didn't say. Like that "Steen and Generico will never make it," conveniently leaving off the if. Even a lot of the stuff said about his personality sound really made up. I think it was Joey Ryan who labeled him as a homophobic right-wing nut or something? In reality, Cornette is the opposite of that, haha. He's lived his life inside the wrestling bubble, so he's not exactly the most culturally diverse person, but his promos are hell entertaining and, in a wrestling context, almost always on-point. He should still be running developmental and Santino is an idiot.

Mr. Nerfect
04-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Cornette ran OVW at a profit and within 3 years they had produced John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar and Batista basically from scratch. The 4 biggest stars to be created by Triple H's developmental (which follows the same plan Cornette had for ROH, by the way): Charlotte Flair, Braun Strowman, Alexa Bliss and Roman Reigns at a financial deficit.

Sixx
04-29-2018, 09:50 PM
That's not really hate, but I think Cena is dull as fuck as a wrestler.

But I love him outside of it, as in, I think he's really funny, seems so down to earth and you know, all the charity work he's done.

Swiss Ultimate
04-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Good example. I can't really imagine not wanting to hang out with John Cena, but I can totally imagine not watching another Cena match for the rest of my life.

Mr. Nerfect
04-30-2018, 04:14 AM
Pretty sure there are a lot of wrestlers that are probably awful people, but are still cool as fuck as a wrestler.

Sixx
04-30-2018, 04:15 AM
Pretty sure there are a lot of wrestlers that are probably awful people, but are still cool as fuck as a wrestler.

HBK HBK HBK

Evil Vito
04-30-2018, 09:21 AM
No matter how poor their WWE run has been, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson genuinely seem like they'd be a fucking blast to hang out with.

Innovator
04-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Gallows hoot

Simple Fan
04-30-2018, 11:02 AM
No matter how poor their WWE run has been, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson genuinely seem like they'd be a fucking blast to hang out with.

Agree, the WWE Network could really use a PG version of Talk N Shop at the least.

Cool King
04-30-2018, 03:09 PM
CM Punk: Great wrestler, but an absolute asshole of a human being.

My Final Heaven
04-30-2018, 04:42 PM
Everything I've heard people say of Charlotte has been "Oh, she's such a sweetheart! She takes time to talk to each and every fan, & she doesn't leave until everybody has a smile on their face"

That said, in ring and matchwise, she can fuck right off :lol:
On promos she tries to sound like she's "cool", but it comes off like she's disinterested in reading a script. She has 2 kinds of matches, & doesn't vary from the cookie cutter either way -
►If she's face, she takes a bit of damage but rallies back and gets a tapout.
►If she's heel, she just beats the crap out of her opponent, mocks them, then gets a tapout.
And also - does anybody else notice that she doesn't have feuds that last longer than one match anymore? Everything she's done since coming to SD, she's beaten them 1st try, then left them behind to move on to better things.

I think what I'm trying to convey, what makes Charlotte like nails on a chalkboard for me - They actually book her like everybody says they book Reigns, straight down your throat.