PDA

View Full Version : Which woma(e)n are likely to headline house shows?

LibSuperstar
05-06-2018, 08:39 PM
A few months ago Sasha Banks said in an interview that she wants women to main event house shows. I liked the idea so as to test the women's drawing power. Women have already main evented PPVs and the weekly shows. With Rousey in the fold I can see it being just a matter of time, especially if the rumored Rousey-Flair main event for WrestleMania 35 does take place.

XL
05-07-2018, 01:47 PM
I don’t know how much of a test it would be. Do people really go to house shows based on who is in the main event?

erickman
05-07-2018, 02:03 PM
I would say ronda next year or end of this year, with wwe just signing the last 2 of rondas horsewomen. they will go against flairs horsewomen next year.

Sixx
05-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Girls in the Wrestlemania main event?

Ewwww.

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2018, 02:19 PM
I don't know if anyone really draws anymore and how they can properly test that metric. But Ronda Rousey and whoever she is working with could do it. Same with Charlotte.

LibSuperstar
05-07-2018, 02:51 PM
I don’t know how much of a test it would be. Do people really go to house shows based on who is in the main event?

Not sure but the conventional wisdom is that people attend based on the brand. Someone did show me a screenshot of the promo for a SmackDown house show in Chattanooga, TN they attended featuring Styles and Owens.

I don't know if anyone really draws anymore and how they can properly test that metric. But Ronda Rousey and whoever she is working with could do it. Same with Charlotte.

According to the 2017 Wrestling Observer Best Box Office Draws Award, Cena, Lesnar and Reigns are the draws of WWE. Plus, yesterday I saw a report saying that Rousey increased ticket sales for the RAW after Elimination Chamber.

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2018, 02:59 PM
According to the Wrestling Observer, "Broken" Matt Hardy was gimmick of the year and Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada was a six-star match.

Sixx
05-07-2018, 03:14 PM
According to the Wrestling Observer, "Broken" Matt Hardy was gimmick of the year and Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada was a six-star match.

Wait, Matt Hardy is st ill broken?

Cool King
05-07-2018, 03:16 PM
He's "Woken", which is still the same a being "Broken" but it just stops lawyers getting involved.