PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Daniel Bryan re-signs with WWE

Evil Vito
07-15-2018, 05:56 PM
God dammit :(

Evil Vito
07-15-2018, 05:59 PM
*deletes Photoshopped photo of Bryan in Suzuki-gun as a tear streams down my face*

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-15-2018, 06:29 PM
His push may ramp up because of him signing.

Evil Vito
07-15-2018, 08:13 PM
It’s possible. In all seriousness, while I selfishly was hoping he’d go elsewhere.....he deserves to be paid the most he can in a place he’s happy. And if he’s truly happy in WWE, then good for him.

If he actually does wanna go elsewhere but his hands were tied due to his wife’s TV deal or whatever, that’s unfortunate.

Fignuts
07-15-2018, 08:56 PM
As much as I'd love to see Bryan in NJPW, I don't trust him to moderate himself in that environment, so I'm glad he resigned.

Tom Guycott
07-15-2018, 11:55 PM
His push may ramp up because of him signing.

I had to let out an audible "HAH!" when I read that. I'll believe *that* shit when I actually see it.

I'm inclined to agree with Figgy insofar as the self-moderation vs health consideration. He likely would push harder and harder to have better and better matches, which, to him, means more bumps on his end.

However, I still think it is a matter of WWE "collecting toys" than even keeping DB safe from himself. No help for ALL IN, no hero's welcome from ROH, no more extra focus towards NJPW. Nobody else can have him if he's under contract with WWE, and they'll let him scratch his itches every so often and keep his wife and baby fed, but I doubt he'll do more than fruitlessly put over younger talent (who will subsequently get buried due to shit booking making getting the rub from DB pointless).

I hope I am wrong, but I don't hold out too much hope.

Mr. Nerfect
07-16-2018, 03:11 AM
I'll be disappointed, because Bryan could actually really help wrestling as a whole, and I currently hate WWE, but whatever. I doubt he'd sign if he wasn't happy. When he does his wry little comments about how they don't listen to his ideas or he has been working more than he would have liked since returning, it'll just be a case of "then why did you re-sign?"

Evil Vito
07-16-2018, 07:21 PM
Ray of hope: Meltzer saying he hasn’t re-signed and nothing has changed

Shame his track record this year has been shit

Mr. JL
07-16-2018, 11:45 PM
I'd love to see the negotiations. I bet there is a stipulation in there that if the WWE decides he is not medically clear to wrestle that he can exit his contract. There is no way he lets himself get trapped again.

Tom Guycott
07-17-2018, 12:00 AM
Ray of hope: Meltzer saying he hasn’t re-signed and nothing has changed

Shame his track record this year has been shit

Hey, plans change.

Sixx
07-17-2018, 12:00 AM
I thought he was still with the WWE.

Evil Vito
07-17-2018, 12:03 AM
He is. But if they give you a new contract to replace the old one about to expire, it's still considered re-signing with them.

Destor
As much as I'd love to see Bryan in NJPW, I don't trust him to moderate himself in that environment, so I'm glad he resigned.

No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuitneven acknowledged that thw brain trauma ever took place.

Evil Vito
Case in point:

https://411mania.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Bram-Re-Signs-645x368.jpg

Sixx
07-17-2018, 12:05 AM
He is. But if they give you a new contract to replace the old one about to expire, it's still considered re-signing with them.

Oh, I see.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:05 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Figgy insofar as the self-moderation vs health consideration. He likely would push harder and harder to have better and better matches, which, to him, means more bumps on his end.

However, I still think it is a matter of WWE "collecting toys" than even keeping DB safe from himself.

No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:06 AM
I'd love to see the negotiations. I bet there is a stipulation in there that if the WWE decides he is not medically clear to wrestle that he can exit his contract. There is no way he lets himself get trapped again.

No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:06 AM
I dont know if you guys know this but no doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:07 AM
Its pretty wild that no doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place isnt it?

Destor
I feel like you guys are overlooking that No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
I feel like the simple fact that No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place should not ignored.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:09 AM
It reasonable to extrapolate that danielson is and always was healthy since no doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:10 AM
I wonder why no one can spot the bullshit that no doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:11 AM
Considering that No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place this might be a work to win a court case from the guy whofaked a broken neck in court 30 years ago

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Destor
07-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Hopefully when this topic comes up in the future you all will remember that No doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Tom Guycott
07-17-2018, 01:29 AM
So... what you're saying is.. that no doctor...no doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit... uh... ah... I'm lost. Over my fuckin' head. Explain, please.

Lock Jaw
07-17-2018, 01:53 AM
Hope D-Bry does re-sign with WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2018, 03:44 AM
Yeah, pretty sure that Bryan has been right as rain forever. He was kept out of the ring because they never wanted him to get as hot as he did, it cleared a path for homegrown stars that won't entertain going to New Japan instead of choosing them, and it looked good for PR reasons when being sued for concussions.

Fignuts
07-17-2018, 05:00 AM
going to kill myself now

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-17-2018, 07:36 AM
It reasonable to extrapolate that danielson is and always was healthy since no doctor not connected to the CM Punk lawsuit even acknowledged that the brain trauma ever took place.

Easy there, #smartestguyintheroom (you fucking libertarians)

He got railroaded...there's no doubt. I came to that realization after the multiple interviews of him saying "they're railroading me" with piles of cited evidence.

tbh I was most worried about his neck. Actually happy he had a few years off to properly heal up.

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2018, 08:14 AM
He's probably in amazing shape right now.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-17-2018, 08:32 AM
dude... watch Sheamus's work out video with Bryan... Sheamy was dying lol

Mr. Nerfect
07-17-2018, 08:43 AM
Lol, I'll check that out.

James Steele
07-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Didn’t Daniel Bryan state he was having seizures at one point?

Tom Guycott
07-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Yeah, pretty sure that Bryan has been right as rain forever. He was kept out of the ring because they never wanted him to get as hot as he did, it cleared a path for homegrown stars that won't entertain going to New Japan instead of choosing them, and it looked good for PR reasons when being sued for concussions.

The whole situation with WWE and DB seems weird to me, though. They like the guy enough to "fire" him over some public relations bullshit, wait out his non-compete, then rehire him with a "thank you for not slagging us off and being a good sport about this" midcard title run, but then end up ignoring/actively derailing his organic upward momentum, then, keep him around and pay him huge wads of cash to not do the thing he loves doing. Aside from my theory of "toy collecting", I don't get it.

Tom Guycott
07-18-2018, 12:19 AM
Didn’t Daniel Bryan state he was having seizures at one point?

Was this in relation to the concussion issues, though? I thought this was when he was trying to do the whole vegan thing, and his body was actively rebelling against it, so he had to realign his diet to his lifestyle. I recall he had health issues from that, but don't remember what they were.

Innovator
07-18-2018, 10:46 AM
dude... watch Sheamus's work out video with Bryan... Sheamy was dying lol

Dying from all that babyface heat

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-18-2018, 10:48 AM
lmfao... some of that gooood gooood babyface heat.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2018, 05:35 PM
This video makes me like Sheamus more. He's obviously presenting, but he's good at it. I can see him wanting to move onto that stuff as his in-ring career winds down. Big Tony is perfectly charming when not in the WWE environment too.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-18-2018, 05:38 PM
I don't think he is... with his injuries you can tell he severely lacks flexibility and mobility and his OWN training is largely standard bodybuilding.

The girls especially kick his ass because they do so much core and cardio. He hits the wall HARD.

Sixx
07-18-2018, 05:39 PM
This video makes me like Sheamus more. He's obviously presenting, but he's good at it. I can see him wanting to move onto that stuff as his in-ring career winds down. Big Tony is perfectly charming when not in the WWE environment too.

what video

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2018, 05:51 PM
I don't think he is... with his injuries you can tell he severely lacks flexibility and mobility and his OWN training is largely standard bodybuilding.

The girls especially kick his ass because they do so much core and cardio. He hits the wall HARD.

Yeah, he may not do the exercises, but he's got a framework there. I can see him doing something in the YouTube sphere to try and segue into a post-wrestling career. Even the way he calls himself "Sheamus aka The Celtic Warrior" like he's trying to get the handle over more.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2018, 05:51 PM
what video

His Celtic Warrior Workout with Daniel Bryan.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Yeah, he may not do the exercises, but he's got a framework there. I can see him doing something in the YouTube sphere to try and segue into a post-wrestling career. Even the way he calls himself "Sheamus aka The Celtic Warrior" like he's trying to get the handle over more.

I'm a fan what he's doing. I hope he runs with it and stops wrestling for his own sake.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2018, 06:17 PM
It's definitely the least irritating I have found his personality in front of a camera. The dude's got a lot of gusto to keep going given his diagnosis, and he probably doesn't need the money or anything. I hope WWE has at least say down with him and been like "Dude, we'll pay the rest of your contract...'

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Cesaro should wear a Tyson Kidd and a Sheamus arm-band when Sheamus does retire. To turn himself into a babyface he should then team with Roman Reigns.

Innovator
07-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Yeah he hit failure hard doing the plyometric workout with Alexa Bliss

Video for RP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n1dgd34aU3c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tom Guycott
07-25-2018, 01:01 AM
Cesaro should wear a Tyson Kidd and a Sheamus arm-band when Sheamus does retire. To turn himself into a babyface he should then team with Roman Reigns.

He should just wear arm bands of all his former tag team partners, and I'm including Jack Thwagger and Kassius Ohno. Just a whole memorial sleeve of tag partners.