PDA

View Full Version : G4 + Tech TV = G4 Tech TV

Shaggy
05-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Alright hopefully I wasnt the only one who knew about this but it seems that G4 has teamed up with Tech TV or how I would like to think about it, bought them out and they now have become one. I was just watching it yesterday and it all seems weird. It all seems to be G4 shows except for like 5 of them. They only kept around 5 Tech TV shows but the only one that I cared about anyway was X-Play. Well I dont know what this channel will hold in the future but im happy that this happened. We moved the other day and where we are know I could no longer get G4 so this whole thing really helps out. To bad that E3 is over with before I could actually watch something on it.

Buzzkill
05-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Nerd channel

AareDub
05-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Yea, they didn't keep many TechTV shows. However, TechTV didn't really have that many shows to begin with. I used to watch Call for Help on a daily basis, but it got canned in the merge :nono: Everything else I watched is still there though.

I used to see TechTV on the tv guide thing during the day and they'd have some really crappy shows on to fill time, now it's the type of channel I can turn on almost any time and find something good. I still don't understand why the kept Thunderbirds though.

Requiem
05-29-2004, 03:51 PM
They ****ed up my favorite channel.. I hope the all die a fiery death and burn in hell.
I only watched TV during certain hours, and all the good shows were on then. Now, I hate the channel.

AareDub
05-30-2004, 01:51 AM
They ****ed up my favorite channel.. I hope the all die a fiery death and burn in hell.
I only watched TV during certain hours, and all the good shows were on then. Now, I hate the channel.

Were you a TechTV watcher or a G4 watcher?

Requiem
05-30-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech TV
Never got G4, and now I can't stand the channel. Just seems like the quality of the shows/hosts isn't as good. And for the old shows that are still there, I noticed they even changed some of the hosts :( At least the hosts on those ones that they changed are from the old Tech TV network.

Vega
05-30-2004, 03:10 AM
Yeah, some guy on another message board posted how he worked for Tech TV and how every single person that worked there got like a 2 months notice...about 2 months ago. Guess they didn't keep many people.

Requiem
05-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, some guy on another message board posted how he worked for Tech TV and how every single person that worked there got like a 2 months notice...about 2 months ago. Guess they didn't keep many people.

Yep.. is G4 ran by comcast?

I heard that it was comcast that bought Tech TV, and it made me wonder what the hell they were thinking when they wanted to buy Disney. :roll:
Just think what they would have done then. :lol:

AareDub
05-30-2004, 07:23 PM
What hosts have they changed from TechTV? I haven't had a chance to see the Screen Savers or Unscrewed since the merge. Were any of those hosts changed?

Oh, and I agree that G4 seems like its lower quality tv or something. Almost like it's even lower budget, however that may or may not be the case.

Requiem
05-30-2004, 07:51 PM
I think the screen savers hosts were changed to a girl and guy, but they were at least from the original TechTV. I doubt they changed Unscrewed, and I think they kept X-play the same. I liked the other shows though, like Call for Help (I remember the last episode :( ) and Tech Live..

Joe Kerr
05-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Ive never watched nor heard of tech tv I Watch G4 though

DS
05-30-2004, 11:52 PM
Correct punctuation is Rad!

AareDub
05-31-2004, 02:17 AM
I think the screen savers hosts were changed to a girl and guy, but they were at least from the original TechTV. I doubt they changed Unscrewed, and I think they kept X-play the same. I liked the other shows though, like Call for Help (I remember the last episode :( ) and Tech Live..

Yea, I was mad to see them cancel call for help. I only caught the last 15 mins or so of the last episode. I thought they should've brought back Chris Pirillo for the final show though :D

Shaggy
05-31-2004, 03:32 AM
I sadly missed the last episode of Call for Help. I wish just once they would replay it but I dont think that will happen. I dont know about any of the hosts that they have changed but I know Unscrewed is the same. I just hope they kept X-Play the same since I havnt seen a new episode yet.

QUICK QUESTION-------

For those who can watch the original G4 Channel right now. (since i dont have it at my new house) What did they do to it. Is it just G4 or did they change it over to G4Tech TV or did they just get rid of the whole channel since they moved over to the other.

Joe Kerr
05-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Correct punctuation is Rad!
No correct Punctuation is for smart people....Thats why I rarely use it...and that my freind is RAD-ical.