PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown (Spoiler, I guess?)

damn tekno
05-30-2004, 08:49 PM
Did anyone see what happened on Smackdown! last week involving Paul Bearer and Heyman and the Dudleys? I briefly caught the part were someone got tossed into a limo by the Dudleys, and Cole was saying Paul Bearer. What's up with that?- :?:

Gerard
05-30-2004, 09:00 PM
God knows, made a lot of sense bearer was there with the urn but taker never made an appearence. :shifty:

Mayo
05-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Did anyone see what happened on Smackdown! last week involving Paul Bearer and Heyman and the Dudleys? I briefly caught the part were someone got tossed into a limo by the Dudleys, and Cole was saying Paul Bearer. What's up with that?- :?:

Heyman came down to the ring through the crowd during the Dudley's match and helped them win the match. He then went into their locker room and slapped Bubba, and told them that 'just' winning a match is nothing to be proud of. He says that they never got the titles or anything by just winning matches. He tells them they have to make some kind of impact, even if its at the expense of Paul Heyman himself.

So then the Dudley's apparently kidnapped Bearer.

Heyman
05-30-2004, 09:20 PM

Looks like we're headed for a Dudleys/Taker program.

Joy --> :|

Dudleys will probably end up jobbing (they might get a 'fluke' victory first, but will probably get squashed afterwards).

I did see one thing of interest however. Paul Heyman said that he was in 'contact' with others. Could he be talking with RVD? Hopefully - Heyman convinces RVD to 'step up' and turn heel. The old ECW RVD would be awesome right about now.

Innovator
05-30-2004, 09:38 PM
this is just an out for Taker to be distracted next week and for Booker to win the match.

Kane Knight
05-30-2004, 09:41 PM
It's part of the Dudleyz' new Grand Theft Auto gimmick.

Innovator
05-30-2004, 09:46 PM
OH GOD!

you mean the Dudleyz are gonna have sex with Paul Bearer to get more health?!?!

Xero
05-30-2004, 09:52 PM
:rofl:

Bull
05-30-2004, 11:02 PM
OH GOD!

you mean the Dudleyz are gonna have sex with Paul Bearer to get more health?!?!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :y:

Joe Kerr
05-30-2004, 11:05 PM
The way I see it...after what Booker T did to Cena I think the Booker T / Cena feud has begun....leaving taker open for a opponet..being that Paul Bearer is retired this may be the angle to actually let him go and for taker / Dudleys Feud to begin.

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Dudleys-Taker doesn't really interest me all that much, but what else are you going to do with Taker? They obviously dont want to blow off the Mordecai program right away, so they need something to do. Taker cant really feud with any of the other top heels because they're not ready or need to be protected. Dudleys make sense because it fits in with the "make an impact storyline", and they provide Taker with a 2 on 1 feud which fits in with the Deadman-no selling gimmick.

Dudleys weren't going to do anything of note anyway, so its no big deal.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-31-2004, 12:44 AM
CyNick is right as usual. Taker doesn't have anything he can do until Mordecai is ready (which he's clearly not.) Most the heels aren't credible enough for Taker to destroy and have it mean something, and the ones who are need to be protected.

Sucks for the Dudleys, I was actually looking foward to where they took the thing with Heymen, shame they're basically killing the push.

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Yeah I was kind alooking forward to the Dudleys as heels as well, but at the same time, where can they really go? They can just win the tag title again, and defend them a bunch of times. At least this "trying to become main eventers" is slightly new.

HeartBreakMan2k
05-31-2004, 01:11 AM
True, I love Heymen pushing them. Not so much being a manager, but just challenging them. The whole 'You're excited you're winning matches?!' shit was great. Them winning the tag titles again would be just more of the same, so I understand the trying to become main eventers thing. I guess I was just wanting an ECW-esque like stable look strong, guess that won't happen now. :\

Kane Knight
05-31-2004, 02:27 AM
The whole Heyman/Dudleyz thing was pretty cool. I mean, these are two people who are definitely not getting over on their wrestling skills,m and for the longest time, they had no personality at all. Even Jeff had his spots, these guys didn't even do the tables thing all that much for a long time, which was their one trick pony.

Heyman's whole motivational gimmick with the Dudleyz has given them something they've been sorely lacking--A justification for their TV time. They may not be the best wrestlers, but they're doing something else right now, and that;s okay. They're more entertaining, and could probably get better. If they had a direction to go in...

Thelivinglegend
05-31-2004, 10:11 AM
I would rather see the dudleyz form a stable with the undertaker and become a major heel stable on smackdown when taker turns heel obviously, and maybe you could throw in rvd and mordecai in there aswell, i doubt that's going to happen but it seems a good idea to me, that way the dudleyz could get the tag titles and actually have a meaningful title reign and give the stable some heat etc, and mordecai and rvd could be progressing in singles competition while Taker leads the stable, just my 2 cents as they say.

Corkscrewed
06-01-2004, 03:15 AM
Innovator gets major rep for that. :lol:

I dunno where this will end up, but I think I'll wait another week before I make any opinions.

I do like the start of a potential Booker T/Cena feud. They need to do more of the "starting the next feud near and before the end of the current one" booking.