PDA

View Full Version : Great American Bash Full Card (Spoilers)

Wildcat789
05-31-2004, 02:05 PM
The full card...spoiler space coming--

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP – BULL ROPE MATCH
Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

Undertaker vs. The Dudleys – Handicap Match

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
John Cena vs. Booker T.

FLAG MATCH
Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree

Rey Mysterio vs. Mark Jindrak

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Rico and Charlie Haas vs. Guerreros (Chavo and Classic)

Kenzo Suzuki - In-ring Debut

DIVAS BEACH COMPETITION

Dawn and Sable vs. Torrie and Miss Jackie (sub for Sable would be Jacqueline)

- The Divas would get on top of each other’s shoulders and wrestle each other down into the ocean (a game of “chicken” fighting). The first Diva to fall off of the top of the other’s shoulders loses

- Beach Volleyball Match

- Sand Box Match – Dawn vs. Sable vs. Torrie vs. Miss Jackie Fatal 4 Way in the sand

Any thoughts?
SOURCE: WWF.com

loopydate
05-31-2004, 02:55 PM
That's pretty impressive, considering there has been no announcement of WWE reviving "Bash at the Beach." You are a master prognosticator.

Cactus Sid
05-31-2004, 03:01 PM
It was on the Observer site :o

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 03:04 PM
That card looks oddly similar to the Great American Bash card.

Anyway, enough with the ball breaking.

Looks like an improvement form Judgment Day. We'll have to see how some of these new feuds develop over the next couple of weeks.

Wondermouse
05-31-2004, 03:04 PM
That's pretty impressive, considering there has been no announcement of WWE reviving "Bash at the Beach." You are a master prognosticator.
They're reviving the Beach part for the Divas competition, it seems...

MVP
05-31-2004, 03:28 PM
Seems pretty believable.

Shaggy
05-31-2004, 03:30 PM
very interesting....

Sephiroth
05-31-2004, 03:49 PM
If it is true then it's almost the same card as the Great American bash, and i don't want Bradshaw to get another push...so i hope it ain't true.

Stickman
05-31-2004, 03:58 PM
note the source was wwf.com

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 04:15 PM
If it is true then it's almost the same card as the Great American bash, and i don't want Bradshaw to get another push...so i hope it ain't true.

They have to do another PPV match with JBL vs Eddie based on what happened at Judgment Day. Eddie was DQ'd and bled buckets, that means from a storytelling POV they have to do it again. Besides, there's nothing else that would draw money right now on SD anyway. This is the best bet.

Sephiroth
05-31-2004, 04:18 PM
They have to do another PPV match with JBL vs Eddie based on what happened at Judgment Day. Eddie was DQ'd and bled buckets, that means from a storytelling POV they have to do it again. Besides, there's nothing else that would draw money right now on SD anyway. This is the best bet.

There will be another Eddie vs JBL at the Great American Bash, so i don't want to see it again if there really is gonna be a Bash At The beach.

CBright7831
05-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Bash At tHe Beach isn't happening, kid, Sorry to ruin your Christmas.

Sephiroth
05-31-2004, 04:21 PM

I know :) but Eddie is gonna face JBL at the Great American Bash, so if there is gonna be a Bash At The Beach, i hope it isn't another JBL vs Eddie but rather a Eddie vs RVD or Eddie vs Rene Dupree :-\

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 04:25 PM
I know :) but Eddie is gonna face JBL at the Great American Bash, so if there is gonna be a Bash At The Beach, i hope it isn't another JBL vs Eddie but rather a Eddie vs RVD or Eddie vs Rene Dupree :-\

Okay I see what you're saying.

But there isn't a Bash at the Beach, at leats not this year.

I think RVD would make sense as the next challenger. Dupree couldn't beat Cena, so he would be a tough sell as a challenger for the WWE title. Angle would be great if he could go, but thats hard to bank on.

Ive heard HBK is going to take some time off in the Summer (July), I was thinking it would be cool if they brought him over to Smackdown and then built up Eddie vs HBK. I dont think thats ever happened before, and you know it would be a great match. Or, maybe for Mania next year Benoit wins the Rumble again, and jumps back to SD to face Eddie at Mania. That would be cool. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Sephiroth
05-31-2004, 04:26 PM
OMG, I love you :love: Eddie vs HBK would so rock! :drool:

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 04:30 PM
I think there's an outside shot of it happening.

HBK wont be in main events after HHH wins the title in August, because they would have a hard time goign back to that match so quickly after the HIAC. So maybe this would be a way for HBK to stay on top with some fresh new opponents.

They could have HBK lose at Bad Blood, take some time off, and then show up on Smackdown after Summerslam. He could say his contract is up,a nd he's looking for new challenges (he could say he's beat everyone on RAW). It would be a shot in the arm for the brand.

Sephiroth
05-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Sounds okay to me, in the RAW mag they said something about HBK making a decision that will shock everybody.

Maybe just maybe this decision is Smackdown! Would really be so cool. :love:

OssMan
05-31-2004, 05:22 PM
It's not the Bash at the Beach card, it IS the Great American Bash card.

http://wwf.com/forums/ftopic5029.html&sid=0336715483184cb317c7188e601d8ccc

Favre4Ever
05-31-2004, 05:26 PM
What the hell is a Bull Rope Match anyways??

The CyNick
05-31-2004, 05:35 PM
What the hell is a Bull Rope Match anyways??

Its probably where both guys are tied to each end of a bullrope, and either you have to touch all 4 corners to win, or just get a pin. But with the bullrope, you cant run from your opponent, and there would be no DQs/COs.

Wildcat789
05-31-2004, 06:14 PM
I got this from WWF.com. I noticed it said Bash at the Beach too, which is why I don't really believe some of it...

I think the guy who supposedly 'saw' this card maybe mistook the name 'Great American Bash' for 'Bash at the Beach' and made up a card... just my thought. I still thought it'd be an interesting thing to post though.

OssMan
05-31-2004, 06:16 PM
No, it said Great American Bash. YOU mistook it for Bash at the Beach.

#1-norm-fan
05-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Where the F is Mordecai???

loopydate
05-31-2004, 06:26 PM
Where the F is Mordecai???
Don't pay any attention to this card. It's bullshit.

Wildcat789
05-31-2004, 06:30 PM
My bad. My friend called me and told me the card which I typed out, and HE called it Bash at the Beach. He thought this PPV was Bash at the Beach, not the great american bash. Either way, here is the card for the Great American bash in case you couldn't find it.

I didn't get why he said Bash at the Beach either, but then it made sense to me that maybe it was the PPV in 2 months because they have beach matches and shit. Oh well, it's edited now so no worries.

OssMan
05-31-2004, 06:31 PM
Don't pay any attention to this card. It's bullshit. oh really? http://www.sevenvenues.com/default.asp?lnopt=6&sn1opt=0&sn2opt=0&newsID=33086

loopydate
05-31-2004, 07:16 PM
oh really? http://www.sevenvenues.com/default.asp?lnopt=6&sn1opt=0&sn2opt=0&newsID=33086
Yeah, really. With the way WWE books, there's no way they have this card (which doesn't happen for four weeks) totally planned-out yet. I believe the Eddie/JBL match and the Cena/Booker match, but I don't believe that SmackDown will do back-to-back PPV debuts (Mordecai, then Kenzo), I don't believe there will be BOTH a "Sandbox Match" AND a "Beach Volleyball Match" (neither of which, BTW, I've ever heard of).

Some of it is accurate, I'm sure, but I can guarantee that in four weeks, we'll be looking at a veeeeeeeeery different GAB card.

Wondermouse
05-31-2004, 07:23 PM
This came from Meltzer.

loopydate
05-31-2004, 07:25 PM
I know Meltzer usually is dead-on about these things, but I find it very hard to believe that WWE has this card planned out so far in advance. Especially since there's a RAW PPV before it that we only know a couple of matches for.

Fox
05-31-2004, 07:28 PM
Don't pay any attention to this card. It's bullshit.

I agree completely.

I mean seriously, Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boys? I know they're building Taker up as the Deadman of old, but would they REALLY squash one of the only valuable Smackdown tag teams this way?

Hmm... probably. Still, I think it's a bullshit card.

LK
06-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Can someone give me a bit of background info on Kenzo Suzuki. Don't really know anything about him. It looks like a decent card. JBL vs Eddie will be alright if Eddie can perform like he did at JD. Booker vs Cena should be alright. RVD vs Dupree and Mysterio vs Jindrak should both be good too. It's a step up from teh Judgement Day card.

Wondermouse
06-01-2004, 09:02 AM
They're built towards Dudleyz/Taker on the last Smackdown. Something's happening between that.

big_bluto
06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Sounds okay to me, in the RAW mag they said something about HBK making a decision that will shock everybody.

Maybe just maybe this decision is Smackdown! Would really be so cool. :love:
HBK makes a decision which shocks everyone?
Anyone else smell a heel turn? :yes:
Potential alliance with HHH?
Incidentally, they would make an awesome tag team!

Thelivinglegend
06-01-2004, 12:18 PM
HBK/HHH as a tag team? Please NO..that just means more power for HHH, like when he joined up with steve austin, we don't want that happening again.

Corkscrewed
06-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Half the card rocks. The other half is the pits.

The CyNick
06-01-2004, 01:16 PM
They usually release a few of the matches for the local advertising, thats how Benoit-Kane got out so early. However, they dont usually have the entire card ready to go like this.

Obviously some of the matches could be changed, but if you watched Smackdown last week, you'd see that the card is pretty legit.

-JBL-Eddie is already announce (Bullrope gimmick could be announced tonight)
-Booker T attacked Cena during the Lumberjack match and the commentators made a big deal about it.
-The Dudleys kidnapped Paul Bearor
-The girls are booked in a Bikini contest or soemthing tonight at the SD tapings. And with such a detailed gimmck, I dont think that will be changed.

The other 4 matches haven't been built yet, but they seem logical enough.

-Kenzo has had vignettes building up his Japanese heritage, kinda makes sense to debut him on a show built around America.
-Chavos getting a tag title shot, well Chavo Classic is the CW champ and is wrestling on TV these days, who else can Rico/Haas face?
-Jindrak is undefeated since moving to SD, so it makes sense to put him on PPV. Rey is probably a sacrificial lamb because he's small.
-RVD vs Dupree is just a case of who is left, and putting them together. Again, with the pro American theme of the show, the Flag Match is very logical, even though Dupree and RVD as of yet have no issue.

JeremyTB29
06-01-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm hoping HBK's decision is he's not going to bring his religion to work with him anymore.