PDA

View Full Version : Euro Trip.

AlphaBean
06-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Just saw this today. Was actually a good movie. On a 1-10 it was a 7 but I was expecting a 4.

Lots of amazingly brilliant comedic spots, like the robot fight, and the guy on the train. Some shitty ones like the Pope's quarters, but on the whole it had some great stuff, and some of the stuff was pretty risque... which is good.

Anyway, I recommend it if you're out for a laugh.

However, I stand behind my assertion that Michelle Trachtenberg is not attractive. Pretty? Yes. But pretty like my little sister. Which means non-sexually.

Really, the film sorta suffered from a lack of hot chicks, for all of the tits they showed... there could have been one set that was in the viewer's line of sight the entire time. Kristin Kreuk in the beginning, the German chick at the end, and Michelle Trachtenberg's non-chest throughout. BAD CALL.

Triple A
06-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I thought it was kinda shitty. It had its moments and that kept me from turning off the TV, but overall, I wouldn't call it a "good" movie.

And that chick IS hot. Something about her, I dunno. Makes me wanna have sexual intercourse with her.

Vega
06-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Did you see the "Unrated" version they keep advertizing and implying it has stuff they couldn't show in a rated r/whatever its rating is movie?

Triple A
06-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Plus they completely tried to capitalize on Old School and Road Trip's success when Todd Philips (writer/director of those two movies) had nothing to do with it.

He was apparently going to make Old School 2 but after Euro Trip, he was so pissed at the studio that he canceled his plans.

Shaggy
06-02-2004, 04:00 AM
My little brother wanted the unrated version for a present so of course I went ahead and got it for him but I watched it first. I thought it was pretty funny. I loved the whole thing in the Popes place, The robot fight was amazing and the child Hitler made me laugh so hard I thought I was gonna piss my pants. And just like they say in the movie. That song "Scotty Doesnt Know" Is very catchy. Matt Damon looked funny as hell. And for those who havnt noticed, check out the chick in the Vandersexxx shop. Its non other than Xena Warrior Princess. I didnt even realize it till I was looking at the bios.

All in all I would rate this movie a 7/10 also. It had its low points but then it also had some high points. But rating it along with Road Trip and Old School I would have to say that this beats out Old School but doesnt come close to Road Trip.

RGWhat316
06-02-2004, 05:26 AM
I just saw this movie for the first time and it was better than I thought it was. Of course the nude beach was disappointing. And what happened to Michelle Trachtenberg's chest? Seemed like they looked a little bigger during the last 2 seasons of Buffy. But I still think she's hot anyways. Damn that song "Scotty doesn't know" because that was stuck in my head throughout the whole movie since it is catchy. But I enjoyed it anyways.

Boondock Saint
06-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Rented it today. Watch it later. Hope its good. Road Trip sucked ass but Old School was good times.

Smitty
06-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Best part is when he checks his E-Mail, and a voice on his computer goes "MAIL MUTHA FUCKA!"

AlphaBean
06-03-2004, 01:39 AM
I thought it was kinda shitty. It had its moments and that kept me from turning off the TV, but overall, I wouldn't call it a "good" movie.

And that chick IS hot. Something about her, I dunno. Makes me wanna have sexual intercourse with her.

Road Trip and OldSchool were two in a long line of juvenile "coming of age" comedies (err OldSchool not so much so I guess), so this wasn't a rip off. It reminded me of a "National Lampoon" movie...

the thing that gets it a 7 from me is that it had funny as hell spots. An 8 means it's a good movie, and 9/10 are there for excellent movies. This wasn't per se a good movie, but it had a lot of memorable moments which is all I ask for in a comedy.

Bull
06-03-2004, 11:02 PM
it isn't horrible, way way too much male ass and there is quite an abundance of sausage. It made me laugh

Dude you made out with your sister!!! :rofl: that was great

Boondock Saint
06-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Saw it. Eh, better than I thought. Definitely better than Road Trip and it has its funny moments but overall it was still a crappy movie.

AareDub
06-04-2004, 09:14 PM
I've seen it a couple of times now. It's pretty f'n funny. The humor was kinda predictable but still very funny.

Kane Knight
06-05-2004, 12:16 AM
It was a lot funnier than I thought it'd be.

Apparently, one of the scenes in the theater was deleted for the "uncensored" version, and only now appears in the deleted scenes files.

As far as the whole generational "coming of age" flicks, it beats out all of the current contenders, though it's still pretty pale compared to the earlier movies.

Myles
06-05-2004, 04:16 AM
I watched the last night. Like Bean I was expecting a pretty shitty movie. I liked it though. Some really funny parts. The whole song was so funny when the band first played it. "I did her on his birthday, oh scottie doesn't know, scottie doesn't know." :rofl:

Anyway good movie, I'd say its better than old school and definatly better than road trip. 7.5/10.