PDA

View Full Version : lol. USA is the worst channel for censoring movies.

#1-norm-fan
06-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Or maybe the best, depending on how you look at it.

I'm watching Bulletproof (A movie which there is a shitload of cussing in). Instead of just bleeping the words out or something they actually have people try to impersonate Adam Sandler or Damon Wayans and say clean words in their place.

There is this one part where Adam Sandler rants about how he's gonna have farm animals and family members piss all over Damon Wayans. The ENTIRE 10 second monologue is replaced by a new monologue where all the "piss on you"s are replaced with "beat you up"s. But the guy doing the voice sounds more like David Spade trying to do a Joe Pesci impression.

And the Damon Wayans guy sounds more like a stereotypical "black guy" voice. It's really good times though.

el fregadero
06-02-2004, 03:06 AM
NBC - UNIVERSAL

Triple A
06-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Would you like a sip of water, Walker?

Don't mind if I do.

#1-norm-fan
06-02-2004, 03:09 AM
http://www.sonypictures.com//groups/us/documents/image/pr1034638.jpg

el fregadero
06-02-2004, 03:11 AM
I was watching Walker, Texas Ranger the other day and he started flying around with a jetpack.

Pretty funny.

#1-norm-fan
06-02-2004, 03:12 AM
When you're in Texas look behind you

Cause that's... where the ranger's... gonna be.

Kane Knight
06-02-2004, 03:20 AM
steers and queers.

Shaggy
06-02-2004, 03:54 AM
My brother is probably the biggest fan of Walker Texas Ranger. He never misses in episode and he even own the movies that they made which basically were 2 episodes put together.

Back to the whole censoring thing. I think the funnist thing that I have ever seen censored is on Die Hard 2. In stead of him saying Yiepee Kai Yae Mother Fucker....it says Yiepee Kai Yea Mr Falcon. And its funny because Mr.Falcon is in a whole different voice that doesnt match anything.

Wondermouse
06-02-2004, 03:57 AM
LMAO, remember when Angle said that to Austin?

BTW, on Jawbreaker, they replaced Peachy Fucking Keen with... Peachy Fuzzy Keen.

Boondock Saint
06-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Mallrats is one of the worst censor jobs ever

MrMeJW
06-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Big Lebowski on Comedy Central

"This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass" becomes "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps" :wtf:

Esoteric
06-02-2004, 04:49 PM
have u all scene the special disc in the scarface re realease dvd the censored parts " where u get the scar from eating pineapple " greatness

OssMan
06-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah I saw the Breakfast Club on the Oxygen channel or something and like all of it had this crappy dubbing in it.

Kane Knight
06-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Come on, It's Oxygen. What do you expect (besides tampon ads every fifteen seconds).

Smitty
06-02-2004, 07:08 PM
The best censorship ever is Mallrats. At the point when Jay says "I hit him with a fat chronic blunt." it's dubbed over with, "I hit him with a fast karate punch." :lol:

TheNamelessOne
06-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Sky 1 in the UK will censor the word "ass", almost every weapon shot, any part of a wrestling match where a man attacks a woman (Although a woman attacking a man or another woman is perfectly fine) and they used to censor Austins beer drinking quite a lot too. Aside from the latter, it is quite understandable as it is being broadcasted at 10am on a Saturday morning.

What isn't understandable is the uncensored crowd chanting. I honesty have no idea why the same people that think that someone drinking beer must be censored can miss the audible and loud crowd chanting "Holy shit", "asshole" and the bits at the end of Cenas promos where he would leave the crowd to finish the sentence.

Still...I love the idea of dubs to censor something. I've never actually knowingly seen a dub over censorship, but it sounds hilarious. And annoying.

Buzzkill
06-02-2004, 08:58 PM
I saw Blue Streak on USA, and that part where he goes "No I'm over your head, cause your heads up your ass" instead is replaced by a white guy saying "No I'm over your head, causeyourhead'sinthegrass"

I thought it was pretty funny

Boomer
06-02-2004, 09:07 PM
I saw Final Destination on USA, and all they did was cut out the sound in a middle of a cuss word. Seriously, it was like they didn't even try. You could understand every word. If it's gonna be that lame they might as well not do it.