PDA

View Full Version : Just a random tidbit on mentioning a city's name for a cheap pop

Rock Bottom
06-02-2004, 04:45 AM
Everyone knows that, obviously, whenever a superstar mentions a city (ie, Rock or Foley mostly do it) that the fans go nuts. I'm guilty of it to, he said it in Baltimore the night after Backlash. (He was hot then, just came off a big win against Triple H the previous night for the belt)

So I was thinking about why, and I guess it's just a whole interaction thing. Now on the other side of the spectrum, a lot of heels rather than drawing a cheap pop, will draw cheap heat. Such as saying their sports teams suck, making fun of their governments, etc. Well The Rock as a heel totally let Toronto have it with city heat. Was laughing my ass off, because I was just thinking about how cheap "city heat" is when The Rock says this:

"Finally, The Rock, HAS COME BACK, to Toronnnn... Toronnnn... To run his mouth on all your candy asses."

He gets some cheap heat and I'm like "Yeah that's what I'm talking about..."

But then he goes on, "See last night, The Rock did Vince McMahon a favor by whipping that red and yellow candy ass! And in turn, Vince said he'd do a favor for The Rock. So The Rock decided he was coming to RAW, but more importantly, The Rock decided he was coming to Toronto baby!"

The crowd pops. Oops, Rocky you just drew a cheap pop. You're supposed to be a heel. LOL, so The Rock makes an awesome recovery that was right along the lines of what I was thinking before even randomly playing the clip from my Rock archive.

"Whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa. Is that the first time you've heard your city's name or something? TORONTO! OH YAYYYYY, HE SAID TORONTOOOO! THAT'S WHERE WE LIVE!!!!!!!!111111 SHUT UP."

Most awesome cheap city-heat ever. He tore that crowd apart, at first about 80% of them were cheering him even as a heel, but after like ten straight minutes of ripping into them, the fuckers were silent when he said "...is cookin.'" Then he got a huge chorus of boos when his music hit. Then a smirk.

Rock is the man LOL, I recommend this clip if you wanna see a master at working a crowd as a heel.

I <3 Negros
06-02-2004, 04:56 AM
New York! Illinois is full of assholes.

c4g2
06-02-2004, 05:08 AM
I wanna the clip!!!

**BOWS DOWN TO THE ROCK**

el fregadero
06-02-2004, 05:15 AM
The Rock is indeed good on the mic.

Goldbird
06-02-2004, 05:34 AM
He is one of the best, if not the best.

LK
06-02-2004, 07:47 AM
The Rock is definetly the God of the mic.

The Mackem
06-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Canadians have no class,
That's why they can kiss the people's ass

HankScorpio
06-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Last night I watched WMXX and the Rock N Sock promo they did was awesome, Brought back memories :'(
The Rock IS the best on the mic

Stickman
06-02-2004, 11:44 AM
I think I missed the point of this thread...

HankScorpio
06-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Didn't we all :D

c4g2
06-02-2004, 11:52 AM
*Starts another chant*

The Rock The Rock The Rock

All fans of the Rock should start chanting...

HankScorpio
06-02-2004, 11:57 AM
ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY

Corkscrewed
06-02-2004, 02:10 PM
LOL, that was awesome. I forgot about that promo until you reminded me. The Rock may not be full time wrestler, but he's never lost his touch on the mic.

Shaggy
06-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Im still gonna stick with what I have always said. THE ROCK WAS ONE OF THE BEST HEELS WWE EVER HAD.

tucsonspeed6
06-02-2004, 02:23 PM
New York! Illinois is full of assholes.

Derf! Umf Wuscunsn is duh bom but Alasker is colb!!@! N porter iko issnt ever a stat! ay jus yhink tay R???

Come on, Dangerously.....get over here and bend over so Papa Smurf can get cookin... :naughty:

You: "Huh? Is he gay?" :?:
*Dangerously walks near me. I give him a solid boot in the ass*
Me: "Get out of here you sick bastard!!!"

Mayo
06-02-2004, 07:28 PM
The Rock is one of the best entertainers ever in the WWE. I absolutely loved his duels with Jericho, he had a few awesome ones. He also had great moments with Kurt Angle.

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY
:cool: