PDA

View Full Version : I watch = they lose

Boomer
06-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that if you watch one of your favorite teams, they lose?

Ok PERFECT POINT. I was watching the Braves game yesterday. I started watching at game time. Montreal instantly scores more runs than their season average within the first 3 innings. I stop watching for a bit. Right as I come back watching, Chipper Jones hits a grounder. Halfway to first base on a jog he starts limping and its obvious his hamstring is bad AGAIN. I flip the channel. A few minutes later I flip back, only to see that I just missed Andruw Jones hit a HR. I keep watching. Next inning Brad Wilkerson hits a HR. I stop watching for good. As I'm watching Fucking Amal my dad comes in and tells me the Braves won. I couldn't believe him. I Check ESPN.com. Nick Green hits a 3 run HR as his second HR of his major league career after he hit his first the previous night, and then J.D. Drew hits a Walk-Off-HR to win it on the next pitch.

So should I just stop watching the Braves or Falcons? I was watching when Vick got injured. And subsequently I watched almost every Falcons game last year...

I'll keep watching. But it isn't fun rooting for teams that aren't worth rooting for.

Anyone else have trouble rooting for "their teams"?

BCWWF
06-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Lol, yeah sometimes I get that impression too. But then sometimes I get the impression that if I'm not watching they aren't trying as hard as if I was, so they need me watching to do good :shifty: No, I'm serious too

The Outlaw
06-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah man that game was CRAZY

Green took his second curtaint call I think, and then BAM, Drew gets a walk off.

CRAZY GAME