PDA

View Full Version : Do the Pistons have any chances of winning?

John la Rock
06-03-2004, 01:51 AM
After watching that desastrous 6th game against the Pacers I'd say it's pretty obvious that Detroit is gonna not only swept but get demolished everygame.

So do you think that they have a chance at winning this series?

Poll coming up

PureHatred
06-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Just because of their style of play, Detroit should win at least one game. And it actually wouldn't shock me if it went 6 or 7. But they don'thave the firepower ot win this series. And nobody really expects Tayshaun Prince to slow down Kobe, do they? He iddn't become a defensive stopper overnight. He may be lanky, but I fully expet Bryant to win his first Finals MVP.

Splaya
06-03-2004, 02:49 AM
I will beg to differ on this one. There are two guys that could ultimately change this series. Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton. If Ben Wallace can shut down Shaq (which is one of the biggest challenges alive) the Pistons definitely have a chance. And last time I checked it will not be Tayshaun guarding Kobe and vice versa but Rip Hamilton will be guarding him. And I think with Rip guarding Kobe, Kobe will struggle in this series big time and he might only be able to score 15-20 points, instead of 25-35.

I will make the boldest prediction in this forum. Pistons in 5.

The Outlaw
06-03-2004, 02:50 AM
What the fuck?

Ben Wallace won't be guarding Shaq. Rasheed will.

The Miz
06-03-2004, 02:56 AM
What the fuck?

Ben Wallace won't be guarding Shaq. Rasheed will.
:wtf:

PureHatred
06-03-2004, 03:18 AM
I will beg to differ on this one. There are two guys that could ultimately change this series. Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton. If Ben Wallace can shut down Shaq (which is one of the biggest challenges alive) the Pistons definitely have a chance. And last time I checked it will not be Tayshaun guarding Kobe and vice versa but Rip Hamilton will be guarding him. And I think with Rip guarding Kobe, Kobe will struggle in this series big time and he might only be able to score 15-20 points, instead of 25-35.

What the fuck are you smoking? Hamilton isn't guarding Kobe, and if he were, he's worse on defense that Tayshaun is. When did Richard Hamilton become a defensive stopper???? If Kobe Bryant smoked Bruce Bowen then Trenton Hassell, both better defenders than either Rip or Prince, what the fuck makes you think Rip hamilton would slow him down????? Are you stupid????????

And do you really think Ben can slow down Shaq when he gives up 5 inches and almost 70 pounds?

You're so fucking wrong its funny.

The Outlaw
06-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Well according to Brown, he said they are throwing something at Shaq that they didn't have during the regular season, and that it was Sheed.

AlphaBean
06-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Well according to Brown, he said they are throwing something at Shaq that they didn't have during the regular season, and that it was Sheed.

Nah man.

The X Factor is Darko.

DARKO is the key to shutting down Shaq.

He has spent the entire season playing a Shaq Simulation, being pumped with protein and lifting weights, studying film, learning how to say really offensive things in English, and MOST IMPORTANTLY how to flop like a motherfucker.

He is going to start in all 7 games and dominate Shaq start to finish.

MARK MY WORDS.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Darko Milicic for Finals MVP.

The Outlaw
06-03-2004, 04:27 AM
lol

The Outlaw
06-03-2004, 04:27 AM
I like Darko. :(

packt up
06-03-2004, 02:05 PM
lol Bean :)

And no chance for Pistons no.

Lakers in 5 if not a sweep.

AlphaBean
06-03-2004, 03:30 PM
I like Darko. :(

Me too. That's why my plan is the best.

I mean, why the fuck else would they bench him an entire season? It's cruel. So obviously they have been training him rigorously for the biggest battle of a lifetime. It's the only way they can be justified in not playing their #2 draft pick overall. :rant:

Next year, Darko will throw Sheed's ass to the bench. :y:

AlphaBean
06-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Also I think the Pistons CAN beat the Lakers. The question is WILL they? And I pretty much doubt that.

They will make the games ugly and boring, though. THANK GOD.

I hope they make the games 65-61 shitfests at Staples Center.

HOLY SHIT WOULD THAT BE AWESOME. :D Jack would be like :| the whole time, and the crowd would all get on their cell phones. :lol:

The Outlaw
06-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Nah it's going to be a lot closer than people think.

You do remember the regular season games don't you? Games were in the 90-100 range, and that's without Sheed.

Again, it will be a lot closer than people think and I think it will be a lot more exciting than people think.

PureHatred
06-03-2004, 06:56 PM
This would be a helluva lot more exciting if Joe Dumars could go back in time and pick Melo instead of Darko.

The CyNick
06-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Its up to the Pistons, if they play 4 games up to their potential, the series will be over in 4. However, if they fall asleep and jsut go through the motions it might go 5.

The Lakers just dont have too much fire power. They were able to score a lot on the best defensive team in the NBA (Spurs), but they wont be able to light it up on Detroit. Plus, Detroit has more than enough depth in scoring to win it in 4 or maybe 5 games if LA is lucky. This is not a typical NBA Finals, where A-Division winner vs B-Division winner, A always beats B. Instead this year the so-called B-division team will step up.

BCWWF
06-04-2004, 06:14 PM
First of all John La Rock needs to learn how to type in english.

Second of all, I think the Pistons have the ability to upset, but that doesn't mean they will. Everybody needs to quit talking about "shutting down" players, Shaq will not be shut down, Kobe will not be shut down, simple as that. If they want to win they have to play good team defense. What sets the Lakers above every other team is their role players. Sure Kobe and Shaq are amazing, but without Rush they would be in a game seven, if it wasn't for Derek Fisher they may never have made it out of round 2. Kobe and Shaq are going to come up big every night, guys like Fisher, George, Rush, Medvedenko, Fox etc. are not stars in the league, and a big reason guys are not stars is because they are not consistant, put a damper on those five guys and the Lakers main advantage is gone. Then you have to worry about their big threats.

John la Rock
06-04-2004, 06:20 PM
First of all John La Rock needs to learn how to type in english.

thanks for the tip asshole

The CyNick
06-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Its up to the Pistons, if they play 4 games up to their potential, the series will be over in 4. However, if they fall asleep and jsut go through the motions it might go 5.

The Lakers just dont have too much fire power. They were able to score a lot on the best defensive team in the NBA (Spurs), but they wont be able to light it up on Detroit. Plus, Detroit has more than enough depth in scoring to win it in 4 or maybe 5 games if LA is lucky. This is not a typical NBA Finals, where A-Division winner vs B-Division winner, A always beats B. Instead this year the so-called B-division team will step up.

hmm, looks like I was right

AlphaBean
06-16-2004, 05:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

"Post Edited Today" :rofl:

Awesome.

Anyway, I love it. Not only was I proven wrong, but I was given my wish as well.

Ugly, ugly games at Staples center. I bet Jack had to go out and fuck five anorexic teenagers just to wash the taste out of his mouth.

The Miz
06-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Last edited by The CyNick : Today

LMFAO. You're an idiot

The Outlaw
06-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Last edited by The CyNick : Today at 02:52 PM.

His post saying he was right at 2:53.

Moron.

The Outlaw
06-16-2004, 06:59 PM
I actually picked Yes in the poll.

I bet if it would have been public, there would have been 3 or so people that picked yes. :$

The Outlaw
06-16-2004, 06:59 PM
:o

MoRcHeEbA
06-16-2004, 09:10 PM
I think they have a chance :shifty:

samichna
06-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Dtroit will definitely win suckas

the missing e stands for excellent btw

Splaya
06-17-2004, 12:18 AM

So bitches, where's your shit talking now...

sadio8
06-17-2004, 12:24 AM
^^ Reps Splaya :)

Vega
06-17-2004, 03:22 AM
I vote no.

:shifty:

El Santo
06-17-2004, 04:28 AM

You only screwed up a little on the Rip-guarding-Kobe thing, as Tayshaun was a Defense God in this series, but other than that... EXCELLENT PREDICTION. Rep fo you. :)

John la Rock
06-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Well LA played like shit the whole series. I'm glad Detroit won but I never saw it coming (before the series anyway)

The CyNick
06-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Boys, chill out.

It was meant to be a joke, its not like I thought i was pulling a fast one on everyone.

Geez, tough crowd.

The Miz
06-17-2004, 11:59 PM
LOL ok penner

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Dont think it was a Penner move

But it was a DaveWadding quality "joke"

Buzzkill
06-19-2004, 01:07 AM
After watching that desastrous 6th game against the Pacers I'd say it's pretty obvious that Detroit is gonna not only swept but get demolished everygame.

So do you think that they have a chance at winning this series?

Bet you feel pretty dumb

John la Rock
06-20-2004, 09:38 PM
well I never saw it coming (before the series started)