PDA

View Full Version : Mark Out Moments

Innovator
06-07-2004, 02:00 PM
We all have done it at one point or another, whether we were 10 years old or that one moment on RAW when we start cheering like no other.

Be proud and list your favorite mark out moments:

"The match that never happened" Chris Jericho vs. HHH. When Jericho pinned HHH, I was going apeshit.

Back in March of 2000, on RAW it was the Rock vs. The Big Show to see who goes to Wrestlemania. Vince pulls up in a limo, decks Shane, and helps the Rock win.

Head
06-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Warrior winning the title Wrestlemania VI.

Everything else paled in comparison to that for me.

big_bluto
06-07-2004, 02:14 PM
When Austin came back for the match with Bischoff.
Man - I was out of my chair the second the glass smashed!

Doink
06-07-2004, 02:20 PM
uk rampage 1990/91, the rockers were fighting the orient express with oe manager who's name i cant remember with his cane kept hitting them when ref wasnt looking so they told the ref if he didnt leave ringside they would come back with a big surprise, he wouldnt leave so the rockers did...

and came back with andre the giant! he pick up the manager and shock him sence;ess and the rockers went on to win.

not a great mark out moment but something i always remeber!

i also went apeshit at the hhh/y2j match

mrslackalack
06-07-2004, 02:34 PM
I went to the RAW in Lexington KY the night after Survior Series 98 and all 24,000 people marked out when Judge Mills Lane issued a court order for Rock defending the Title against Austin and i didnt even see a person notstanding up and cheering when Austin Stunned him until Shamrock Pulled out Hebner. The Rush though was amazing. My 2nd fav moment i seen live was at WM8 I told my cousin i had a feeling Ultimate Warrior would show up and he said no way and we were both Jumping up and down when he returned to save Hogan

my 5 fav moments on T.V.

1. Vince returning in MAR 00 during the rock-big show match
2. Shane in a WCW ring
3. Shawn pinning HHH at Summerslam 02
4.Goldberg beating Hogan 4 the title
5 Mankind winning his first wwe title

John la Rock
06-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Chris Jericho's WWF debut :y:

Aussie Skier
06-07-2004, 03:11 PM
i was cheering when benoit won the title at WMXX. That was cool!

hmmm..., nothing else really.
i rarely watch wrestling live (w/out spoilers)

Evil Vito
06-07-2004, 03:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>ECW reuniting on Raw</font>

Azriel
06-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Biggest mark out moment before Benoit and Eddie winning the title, was Mick Foley winning the title for the first time

The One
06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Lets see here...my mark out moments...

*ECW turning on both WCW and WWF back in 2001 (How little did I realise it would become a shame)

*Mankind winning the title on RAW

*Mankind being thrown off the Hell in a Cell

*Linda McMahon announcing Mick would be at WrestleMania 2000

*Chris Jericho vs. Triple H match in which Chris won the title

*Billy Gunn beating Eddie Guerrero on the Thanksgiven SmackDown to win the Intercontinetal Title

*The Reformation of DX back in '99 (I was still a mark...so sue me)

*Booker T beating Jeff Jarret at Bash at the Beach for the WCW Title after the entire Vince Russo/Hulk Hogan/Jeff Jarrett fiasco from earlier that night.

I don't know why I marked so much for this but....
*The entire Buried Alive Tag Team Title Match between Rock'N'Sock and Undertaker/Big Show...when Triple H came out and knocked everyone down with the sledge and Austin came out of the Ambulance and attacked Hunter and threw him into the Ambulance and then ran a Semi into it...

*When Hulk Hogan announced he was the thrid member of the nWo

*When Randy Savage pinned Ted Dibiase to win the WWF title (Randy was my fav back then)

But the biggest Mark Out Moment for me BY FAR was...

*WrestleMania XII....Shawn Michaels winning the WWF Title...I think I might have cried tears of joy that night.

MasterBB88er
06-07-2004, 04:50 PM
How about a couple Raws ago when the Rock came out to help Eugene? That was pretty damn cool, and a big markout moment for me.

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-07-2004, 04:51 PM
the latest mark out moment for me was when I heard "IF YAAAAA SMELL WHAT... THE ROCK... IS COOKING!" on RAW 2-3 weeks ago and The Rock came out to help Eugene.

past mark out moments:

Hogan vs Rock at X8
HBK willing the title (anytime)
Undertaker's return at XX
and any amazing move done by the WCW Cruiserweights during 1996-1998

LK
06-07-2004, 05:13 PM
When Jericho beat HHH on Raw. I went ****ing crazy when that happened. Other mark out moments include when Y2J won the undisputed title at Vengeance and when Foley won the title for the first time.

Rob
06-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I have actually marked out hard for Guerrero and Benoit winning the titles. More Guerrero though because although I was fairly sure he was getting the strap, it had to be seen to be believed and I still didn't believe it! Benoit winning was something else. I was in my house screaming at the TV "tap out you bastard!".

Jericho winning the WCW title for the first time too. Aside from when Bret Hart won the world title when was a kid, I don't think I've marked out more then for the "Vanilla Midgets".

Innovator
06-07-2004, 05:36 PM
I have actually marked out hard for Guerrero and Benoit winning the titles. More Guerrero though because although I was fairly sure he was getting the strap, it had to be seen to be believed and I still didn't believe it! Benoit winning was something else. I was in my house screaming at the TV "tap out you bastard!".

Jericho winning the WCW title for the first time too. Aside from when Bret Hart won the world title when was a kid, I don't think I've marked out more then for the "Vanilla Midgets".
Yeah WM XX had me screaming at my TV. I kept yelling "TAP TAP TAP", then a sense of happiness and relief set in when he did.

The Ravishing One
06-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Chris Jericho's WWF debut :y:

The Ravishing One
06-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Also the whole Stone Cold Vs Tyson segment.

Loose Cannon
06-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Orton hitting the RKO on Foley at Mania. (I jumped out of my chair and screamed WOOOOOOOO.)

ECW REUNITING ON RAW

Warrior returning at WM 8 (I totally lost it here)

Of course, Benoit winning the Title.

Pillman attacking Austin months after Austin "broke" his ankle

DX reuniting on Raw.

Hall, NASH, and Hogan beating the sh** out of Rock on RAW

Warrior pinning Hogan

Flair turning on Sting and reuniting the Horsemen (Arn, Pillman and Flair at the time)

Wondermouse
06-07-2004, 05:47 PM
I was crying when Benoit had Triple H in the crossface.

Favre4Ever
06-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Billy and Chuck: Hey.............were not really gay!!!!

Another big one was the whole Kurt Angle milktruck incident.

And of course, Y2J's win that was "erased from the record books"

But I have to say that my biggest mark out moment was Wrestlemania 17, sitting there with my friends, taking bets on who would win, watching Rock and Austin trade finishers repeatedly and howling in crazed joy everytime our guy kicked out.
.....Oooooh Yeah.

John la Rock
06-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania X8 was also a huge mark out moment :y:

Batsu
06-07-2004, 06:52 PM
When Hogan "Hulked Up" on The Rock at WMX8...if anything, no one but The Rock could have made that particular part so special.

Benoit winning the World Title at WMXX. After the Booker T debacle of WMX9, I really wasn't expecting to see Benoit's hard work finally pay off. I, like many others, was glued to the screen chanting "Tap, TAP!! Dammit!" and to actually see HHH tap was a great thing.

when Stone Cold Steve Austin Stunned Stephanie McMahon in his long awaited feud with HHH, before Survivor Series. Of all the Stunners he's given, that one is my absolute favorite (besides the one that Benoit gave Steve Austin during their feud).

When WCW wrestlers started to show up on WWE programming, specifically when Booker T came in to Scissor Kick Austin.

Any time Tajiri uses the SCOPE on someone.

Any time Hurricane actually hits a Vertebreaker on WWE programming.

When DDP did that Diamond Cutter on Raven through a table at that one Uncensored PPV. (Any time DDP pulls off a surprise Diamond Cutter is a good thing...)

Xero
06-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Taker's return at Mania... I was there, and I went absoultly apeshit (Taking someone else's word)! I had never marked out harder in my life :drool:

The screw job... I was watching the scrambled version, and I was so damn pissed that Michaels had won...

Lesnar F5ing Show at SuvivorSeries 2002... Went apeshit there, too...

Michaels winning the title at SS02... Went apeshit there again...

Michaels' return match at SummerS02... When he got the table... :drool:

Austin winning the IC title at SS97...

Austin winning the WWE Title at WMXIV...

When the ring collapsed on SmackDown... THAT was great...

Michaels screwing Taker at SS97... I was so damn pissed and cursed out Bret...

Mankind coming out of a casket at a house show at MSG and attacking Vader...

Yelling at the ref to turn around at my first house show (Same one, I dont even know WHY I was yelling)...

DX reforming for just a few seconds in 2002... Mark the f*ck out...

Big Show debuting and sending Austin to WrestleMania XV by throwing him out of the cage...

Undertaker vs. Austin at SummerSlam 98... I couldnt choose who to root for! A serious MOM...

Jeff Hardy Swantoning through a table at RR00...

Big Show chokeslaming Taker through the ring was kick ass...

Kane unmasking...

Rock being crushed in the ambulance...

The beer bath...

The Milk Truck Incident...

So many...
(List edited)

Kalyx triaD
06-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Judgement Day 2000, The Rock and HHH's Iron Man Match when the Undertaker returned and kicked just about everyones ass.

WCW Tag Champs interfering a WWE match at the start of the dissapointing InVasion angle.

Austin getting back to his senses and kicking all of the InVaders asses that one night on Raw when he was at a bar the whole show. He stunned "everything that by-God moved" says J.R.

UnderTakers Deadman return at WMXX.

Everytime Brock Lesner lifted Bigshow for an F5.

Whenever Rock returns and I didn't see it coming.

HBK helping HHH win the WWE Title against The Rock in the first regular airing of Smackdown.

HBK and HHH coming out to DX music; the night that started the ongoing rivalry.

HBK beating HHH at Summerslam '02 in the 'unsanctioned' match.

When Sting comes down from the rafters on Raw, place it here:

-----------> "___________________________________."

Innovator
06-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Back in February of 2000, it was The Helmsley-McMahon Regime vs. The Rock, Foley, and Too Cool (plus Rikishi). I remember this being awesome because the crowd was going nuts. At the end of the match, the lights go out, and Paul Bearer is standing on the stage in a red shirt. BAM Kane comes out and clears out the Regime and becomes a badass (for the time being).

beatzNrhymez
06-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Austin showin up at Pillman's house

Sting's return as the Crow Sting

Rick Rude's tights in NWA/WCW when he had the faces of all the greats he beat like Flair,Sting etc printed on them

Warrior beating Hogan for the title at WM

Mayo
06-07-2004, 09:31 PM
The announcement that Rikishi was the one that ran over Stone Cold :p

Seriously, I marked out big time when Michaels won the Title From Bret Hart (although I should have known not to :(), anytime that The Rock makes a return, and when Rocky beat Stone Cold after three stunners at Wrestlemania 19.