PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried about Cena

Marc the Smark
06-08-2004, 12:49 AM
If you missed it on the newsboard, here it is again. And if anyone wants to talk about it, here's a place to do that :)

Although the majority of people have praised John Cena's efforts since his arrival in WWE, it seems that individuals backstage in WWE are changing their opinion of the US Champion. The consensus is that Cena's wrestling skills are not improving and he is not working hard enough to rectify his weaknesses. There is also the feeling that Cena has become arrogant in the sense that he feels he is so over with fans that he just needs to continue with what he is doing to be successful. (By Chris Walters, TPWW newsboard)

Stickman
06-08-2004, 12:53 AM
So why are you worried about him?

Wondermouse
06-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Because he's been stale for about the past, oh, eversincethefaceturn, and it doesn't seem there's any change in site.

Favre4Ever
06-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Stale or not, the guys big, the fans love him, i don't think they'll be able to touch him for awhile. Smackdowns got some great names, but the problem is that they don't have anyone to feud with. So they blame it on the top guys, Guerrero and Cena. Im not telling you anything you don't already know.

The Icon of Elisim
06-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Cena is still good, he was being held back by being stuck in the good American boy angle though. He should do pretty well with a fued with Booker T, as long as they don't get stupid and start playing the race card

Corkscrewed
06-08-2004, 02:45 AM
He should tweak his character and bit so that he's a little more tweenish. It's good that he's not always "rapping" every time he picks up the mic now, but I think he could use a few more grappling moves, as well as some improvement in flow in the ring. He's not terrible, but I have to agree that he's grown a little repetitive in the ring and on the mic lately.

It's nothing major, though, yet. He can still fix things now.

Or he could always turn heel. ;)

big_bluto
06-08-2004, 07:58 AM
When he came out to the ring on last weeks Smackdown and took the piss out of Booker T that was quality.
He should do more of that, and save the raps for special occasions.

As for moves, I think that the FU needs refreshed, but then that's been well documented on here.
The relatively recent introduction of the '5-knuckle shuffle' is a step in the right direction, but he needs to keep introducing new moves.

He obviously has the potential to do this.
Even Batista can change, evolve and improve (wtf?, am I really typing this??) and if you saw his match against Val Venis on HEAT last week you'll see what I mean.

Cena just needs a bit of a lift.

Austin started off with a submission move for his finisher, and look what he ended up with!

Londoner
06-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Turn Cena heel when he loses the US title, and he can blame it on the crowd or something that he lost it and that they turned there back on him, dunno just an idea and then he might be able to start devloping new moves because heels usually get more control in a match, it's quite hard to develop new moves as a face, but since when do new moves matter?After all, how many moves does the rock have?

Gerard
06-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Its weird how these days the fans get bored of a character so fast, taker, hogan , flair, warrior and countless others had the same gimmicks for years before they started to adjust them, these days if a character is similar for anywhere near a year theyre deemed boring. :wtf:

DaveWadding
06-08-2004, 01:30 PM
After all, how many moves does the rock have?
More than you think he does.

c4g2
06-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Heel Cena!!!

"Looks like Fifi took a pee-pee on his head" - John Cena

^ :lol:

Kane Knight
06-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Its weird how these days the fans get bored of a character so fast, taker, hogan , flair, warrior and countless others had the same gimmicks for years before they started to adjust them, these days if a character is similar for anywhere near a year theyre deemed boring. :wtf:
People aren't as dumb as they used to be? :?:

No, seriously. Cena hasn't been the same. He's been watered down multiple times. The guy's nowhere near what he used to be, even six months ago. Thefore, your argument means fuck all.

Londoner
06-08-2004, 03:19 PM
More than you think he does.

Im not dissing the rock or anything just so you know im just saying that it isn't neccessarily his moveset that is the most important thing in Sports Entertainment, off the top of my head the only moves the rock has are: the samoan drop, peoples elbow, Rock bottom, spinebuster and sharpshooter, not many considering how long he's been around for eh?If there's any others please remind me, and depending on how many you name i might agree with you.

Londoner
06-08-2004, 03:26 PM

I sort of agree with you and Kane Knight on this one, yes these days people seem to get into the habit of thinking they know everything about wrestling and immediately call some wrestlers boring abit to quickly, I mean i don't see how John Cena is stale right now, he's devloping his character and when your doing that your not stale, I actually think he's one of the rising stars in wrestling today, it's the writing thats stale, thats what i think, not the actual character. Wrestlers need to be put in meaningful feuds and then they probably wouldn't be called boring, but it's mainly the writers fault if you ask me. But it some cases also it maybe because the fans arent as dumb as they used to be, as Bobby Heenan said, 'everyone knows all the tricks to wrestling these days'....