PDA

View Full Version : If this is actually true then...

Lara Emily
06-08-2004, 04:11 AM
:heart:

<!--StartFragment -->
From what we've heard, there are still no plans to bring WCW back in the fold even though WWE has already used the Great American Bash name for the upcoming Smackdown PPV, as well as Halloween Havoc which will take place this October. Vince actually has some ideas for WCW, but he fears that if he associates WWE with a brand that has failed, such as WCW, it will not work out the way he wants it to.

http://www.tpww.net/headlines/1086632147.html

Halloween Havoc is my fav PPV name of them all :heart:

Shaggy
06-08-2004, 04:13 AM
Thay had some good ones. But that was the WCW days. Not its WWE which means there is no telling how it might come out.

Lara Emily
06-08-2004, 04:16 AM
Oh no doubt but I miss HH so I'm happy

Pepsi Man
06-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Damn, my (almost) brother-in-law Jerry called this one as soon as he heard about The Great American Bash...

of course, he also thinks they'll bring back...

Starrcade now...so I dunno.

Joe Kerr
06-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I Just hate the fact that now im going to spend 75 bucks a month just to get the two PPV's what the hell is Vince thinking? First he raised the price of the PPV 5 bucks then he decides to Start having two a month. I dont know why but I need to order them...its like its crack or something.

Disturbed316
06-08-2004, 11:35 AM
I loved all the old WCW ppv names.

Corkscrewed
06-08-2004, 12:30 PM
So don't order them, Joey. Maybe then, if buyrates are low enough, Vince will realize they'll have to fix the product, not just constantly shove things down our throat. I mean, way pay for a new PPV if it'll end up more like a Disney's California Adventure rather than the Disneyland that we, as viewers, are entitled to?

The Mackem
06-08-2004, 12:33 PM
I want to see one at a Beach.

The CyNick
06-08-2004, 12:40 PM
The two PPV concept comes from the fact that back in the day there were a minimum of 2 PPVs a month, and some months there were three, so they figure people are willing to do it again. Granted they are a little more expensive now, but so is everything else.

In theory its a good idea because PPVs generate so much revenue for the company. I mean if you look at some of the brand exclusive PPV lately they are doing around 250,000 buys, so even if each show did only 200,000, thats still 400,000 combined for the month, and therefore its a good idea. Now, if the PPV start to fall below the 150,000 mark then they are better off sticking with only 1 PPV per month.

In terms of Halloween Havoc, I dont think that rumour has any substance as of right now. I mean its possible they'll use that name for one of the October PPVs, but as far as I know I dont believe its anywhere close to be being a done deal.

I figure, since they plan on going to upwards of 20 PPVs they might as well use these old WCW names that have some recognition instead of just using standard names like Redemption or whatever.

I-Hate-You
06-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Seriously, they should tone down the price of PPV's.

parkmania
06-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Simple economics...

There's one thing that'll make the WWE have less PPVs, or charge less for them. It's called diminishing returns. If 250,000 people are buying PPVs at $30, but only 200,000 buy them at $35, then the WWE is actually losing out on a cool half a million dollars. If these buyrates are accurate, then it won't be long before Vince's accountants are screaming bloody murder. That's where the extra PPVs come in - to try and make up the difference.