PDA

View Full Version : JBL fired from CNBC

John la Rock
06-08-2004, 07:29 PM
from nodq.com

After receiving word from three independent sources that CNBC had severed its relationship with John Layfield today, I contacted CNBC for comment. The following is the statement that they gave me concerning the situation.

“CNBC has terminated its relationship with John "Bradshaw" Layfield following his conduct this past weekend in a wrestling match. We find his behavior to be offensive, inappropriate and not befitting anyone associated with our network.”

HAHAHAHAHA serves him right :rofl:

The One
06-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Well this makes my day. :)

Though the explaination sounded a bit simplistic and I doubt CNBC would tell people why they let an employee go...still if it's true :y:

OssMan
06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Good.

Disturbed316
06-08-2004, 07:33 PM
HAHAHA

Mayo
06-08-2004, 07:36 PM
from nodq.com

After receiving word from three independent sources that CNBC had severed its relationship with John Layfield today, I contacted CNBC for comment. The following is the statement that they gave me concerning the situation.

“CNBC has terminated its relationship with John "Bradshaw" Layfield following his conduct this past weekend in a wrestling match. We find his behavior to be offensive, inappropriate and not befitting anyone associated with our network.”

HAHAHAHAHA serves him right :rofl:

Well he deserved it if he thought up the idea of doing something illegal and disrespectful to get cheap heat.

Now if only there was a typo in that statement, replacing CNBC with WWE
:roll:

BLaZeR-
06-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Now we don't have to hear another promo about how he has a successful show.

Nowhere Man
06-08-2004, 07:42 PM
No, now all we'll hear are promos about how he had a successful show.

Serves him right, the stupid shit.

FourFifty
06-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Reps to CNBC!

MVP
06-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Oh man that's hilarious. :rofl:

loopydate
06-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Good for CNBC.

Shadow
06-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Go CNBC! Kick that dude off your network. Wait...isn't he still on Fox?

Funky Fly
06-08-2004, 08:10 PM
LOL

Now he's gonna come back to the studio and slam someone with a chair so hard that they'll go slightly anemic form severe blood loss.

I-Hate-You
06-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Wait until his next column. He's going to be pissed.

Dave Youell
06-08-2004, 08:45 PM
I really dont see what the big deal is, he's only saying 'Hi' to the fans, observe:

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/bradshaw%20doing%20the%20nazi%20salute.jpg

Hmm actually thinking about other things as well this whole HHH T-shirt design has been very Nazish as well. Hmmmmmmm, could titan towers be the start of the 4th Reich?

Dazz
06-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, JBL deserves anything that comes to him.

Head
06-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Good for CNBC.

It still really pisses me off that he wasn't arrested for it though. What he did is a serious offense in Germany, and I don't think he should be getting off clean just because of his status.

Vega
06-08-2004, 08:50 PM
ROFL

OWNED

I-Hate-You
06-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Now if someone like Flair did something like this, would it be different in your eyes?

Head
06-08-2004, 08:56 PM
No.

loopydate
06-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Nope.

Funky Fly
06-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Now if someone like Flair did something like this, would it be different in your eyes?
If Flair did it, it would probably be attributed to senility, as opposed to dumbassnicity.

And yes, dumbassnicity is a word. :shifty:

Goldbird
06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Well, JBL deserves anything that comes to him.

He doesnt deserve the push in the first place. :|

Aussie Skier
06-08-2004, 09:33 PM
i feel sorry 4 him.

i hope he was fully aware of the ramifications of doing what he did.
hope this doesnt screw with his gimmick

6to1
06-08-2004, 09:34 PM
back to fox for him, i did'nt know he was ever with cnbc

Samurai_Star_Sailor
06-08-2004, 09:55 PM
im glad flashing a nazi salute is like flipping off the president

Mr. JL
06-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Fired? Whoopidy doo

I'm just surprized the German fans didn't F'N KILL HIM. He got off lucky

Joe Kerr
06-08-2004, 11:11 PM
I wonder if this will take him out of the mainevent status. Im going to assume that he isnt going to win the title at the next PPV. The WWE doesnt like to be embarassed.

The Naitch
06-08-2004, 11:29 PM
One word

Velocity

The Naitch
06-08-2004, 11:30 PM
oh and 5 more letters

LMFAO

Gone Mad
06-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Good for Bradshaw. Serves him right. Anyone should be smart enough not to do that but apparently Mr. Layfield wasn't. Can't wait to see him jobbing to everyone and their mother (Eddie's included).

Less Bradshaw= Ratings!

Joe Kerr
06-08-2004, 11:37 PM
JBL jobs to Funaki

The Naitch
06-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Now if only HArdcore Holly can screw something up on the weekend then we'd all be happy

Innovator
06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Ahem! let me clear my throat...

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY HEY

GOODBYE

Favre4Ever
06-09-2004, 12:04 AM
don't diss Holly........he'll come get ya.....

Joe Kerr
06-09-2004, 12:05 AM
http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/index.php?id=headlines/88750766

-- One of John Bradshaw Layfield's co-workers reacted to Layfield's behavior on the recent tour of Germany by saying, "I'm embarassed to be a part of this company".

-- Bradshaw sparked outrage by "goose stepping" and using the "Hitler salute" in one of his matches.

"I'm sure he thought it was no big deal," said another co-worker. "Well it was a big deal, and the timing couldn't have been worse. The entire world was paying tribute to the men who died at D-Day, and we've got a clown in the ring making a fool of himself and the company."

-- The only WWE reaction was a brief apology that appeared on WWE.com for a short time earlier today before it was pulled. More information on this whole saga can be found on the newsboard.

Kane Knight
06-09-2004, 01:21 AM
Now we don't have to hear another promo about how he has a successful show.
Like the WWE deals heavily in reality.

Kane Knight
06-09-2004, 01:25 AM
I really dont see what the big deal is, he's only saying 'Hi' to the fans, observe:

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/bradshaw%20doing%20the%20nazi%20salute.jpg

John Bradshaw Layfield, above, greets long time fan, Ninti the Mad.

But seriously, good for CNBC. Though it was likely only to save their own asses, it's good to know he's gotten some repercussion for his actions.

Though I hear he's got a 6 year deal with Limbaugh and a 10 year deal with Hannitty.

Kane Knight
06-09-2004, 01:28 AM
I hear his fans have committed suicide in the wake of his firing.

Funeral services will be held for both of them this weekend.

Vega
06-09-2004, 01:42 AM
John Bradshaw Layfield, above, greets long time fan, Ninti the Mad.

:lol:

Corkscrewed
06-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Serves him right. I'm cool with his wrestling character, but Bradshaw the person is a moron. He really should be fired completely. What kind of example does the company set by keeping a man not named Triple H who endorses Nazi signs and poses?

Esoteric
06-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Go CNBC! Kick that dude off your network. Wait...isn't he still on Fox?
nah fox news might promote him to working with another idiot bill o'riley

Head
06-09-2004, 02:25 AM
im glad flashing a nazi salute is like flipping off the president
No, flashing a Nazi salute is more like shitting on the graves of 50 million people, and the beliefs and culture of 99% of the world.

Kane Knight
06-09-2004, 02:40 AM
No, flashing a Nazi salute is more like shitting on the graves of 50 million people, and the beliefs and culture of 99% of the world.
Yeah. Heil's a little different.

Joe Kerr
06-09-2004, 02:44 AM
http://www.hollandsentinel.com/images/100899/trump.jpg

JBL your Fired!

big_bluto
06-09-2004, 06:58 AM
I hear his fans have committed suicide in the wake of his firing.

Funeral services will be held for both of them this weekend.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kane Knight again.

HankScorpio
06-09-2004, 07:02 AM
What kind of example does the company set by keeping a man not named Triple H who endorses Nazi signs and poses?

Londoner
06-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Damnit, didn't see this thread and ended up posting the same thing in another thread, my bad lol.
But yeah, hopefully the WWE can takes notes and fire Bradshaw after the next PPV.

Vastardikai
06-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately, knowing how Vince McMahon operates, I wouldn't be surprised that if JBL gets a WWE Title Run now.

Also, he's on Fox News, and they'll be talking about how "oversensitive" CNBC is, and how they're cowtowing to the liberal media or some shit like that.

blake639raw
06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Hell, not trying to stick up for Bradshaw, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Vince's idea in the first place. Even though I'm sure he wouldn't take any of the rap for it. Anyways, it doesn't change the fact that it was sick, and not funny. There's a difference between drawing heat and saluting war criminals. JBL really does deserve to lose his job over this shit.

Kane Knight
06-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately, knowing how Vince McMahon operates, I wouldn't be surprised that if JBL gets a WWE Title Run now.

Also, he's on Fox News, and they'll be talking about how "oversensitive" CNBC is, and how they're cowtowing to the liberal media or some shit like that.
Yeah, because only pussies don't want to be associated with genocide.

But you're right. Fox will try and spin it like this was just a harmless joke...After all, it's a silly law, right? And, of course, Germany didn't back the war on terrorism. :roll:

Azriel
06-09-2004, 12:11 PM
:lol: Bradshaw got owned mucho big time

Rob
06-09-2004, 02:21 PM
If the WWE had any self respect, they'd fire him too. Obviously they don't though. But if William Regal, Funkai or Rene Dupree made similar comments on Americans, pink slips would be flying all over the place. I thought it was WORLD Wrestling Entertainment.

John la Rock
06-09-2004, 03:26 PM

FUCK I hope that doesn't happen. :mad:

Especially if JBL main-events Summerslam (especially cause I'm going)

Corkscrewed
06-09-2004, 04:59 PM
And apparently, according to the front newspage, he was saying "it was okay because he's a bad guy and that's what bad guys do."

Could this man be any more of a moron? Everytime I think he hits rock bottom, he breaks through and tunnels even deeper into the rancid, miring pit of idiocy.

Shadow
06-09-2004, 05:56 PM
nah fox news might promote him to working with another idiot bill o'riley

The second I hear him on the radio with O'Riely, I know the world is coming to an end.

Boondock Saint
06-09-2004, 06:59 PM
For those of us (everybody?) hoping JBL will be punished and/or de-pushed...I just read this...from Wrestlezone.com so nothing etched in stone obviously, but...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What may be a surprise to many, Bradshaw's current program with Eddie Guerrero is scheduled to go on longer than many think it will. As of right now the program is scheduled to go beyond the Great American Bash PPV, and sources are saying that the two may even face each other in a match at this year's Summerslam PPV. There is still time for that to change of course, but there is a lot of thought that Vince McMahon feels strongly enough about Bradshaw's character that he would continue to push him as the brand's top heel.

Many are now beginning to feel that because of Bradshaw's actions in Germany this week, the market for wrestling there is probably not going to ever be as good as it had been hoped. As it is, Germany is not a strong market for professional wrestling, and many feel that after the Bradshaw incident it may even be a dead market. WWE has been trying to build Germany as a market for wrestling and a place that they can continue to go back to and make money as they do with most overseas tours, but Bradshaw pretty much set them back with his actions.

Jeffhardyfav4life
06-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Only have one thing to say about this: IDIOT!!!!!!

Kane Knight
06-10-2004, 04:00 AM
I thought it was WORLD Wrestling Entertainment.
Stupid Brits.

Don't you realize that the WORLD is just America and a few other pissant countries who don't matter?

Actually, I'm imagining the outrage that they'd have if a "foreign heel" took a shot at the deaths on September 11, and that was "only" about 3,000 people.

Kane Knight
06-10-2004, 04:05 AM
For those of us (everybody?) hoping JBL will be punished and/or de-pushed...I just read this...from Wrestlezone.com so nothing etched in stone obviously, but...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What may be a surprise to many, Bradshaw's current program with Eddie Guerrero is scheduled to go on longer than many think it will. As of right now the program is scheduled to go beyond the Great American Bash PPV, and sources are saying that the two may even face each other in a match at this year's Summerslam PPV. There is still time for that to change of course, but there is a lot of thought that Vince McMahon feels strongly enough about Bradshaw's character that he would continue to push him as the brand's top heel.

Many are now beginning to feel that because of Bradshaw's actions in Germany this week, the market for wrestling there is probably not going to ever be as good as it had been hoped. As it is, Germany is not a strong market for professional wrestling, and many feel that after the Bradshaw incident it may even be a dead market. WWE has been trying to build Germany as a market for wrestling and a place that they can continue to go back to and make money as they do with most overseas tours, but Bradshaw pretty much set them back with his actions.
Kind of fucked up. "You just set our company back in a time when we could use the support of foreign markets. Have an extra long push."

Vince has a strong feeling about the character, and I suppose that's great. Well, as great as anything can be. Problem is, the character's now clearly crossed the line from drawing heel heat and costing them money.

then again, these are the people trying to push the "new" image of JBL, but can't be bothered to give him a finisher that doesn't reek of the old APA cowboy Bradshaw.

Edge
06-10-2004, 05:22 AM

Yes. If Flair did this I hope he would get away with it. Cleaver old bastard.

LK
06-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Joey Radd
-- One of John Bradshaw Layfield's co-workers reacted to Layfield's behavior on the recent tour of Germany by saying, "I'm embarassed to be a part of this company".

-- Bradshaw sparked outrage by "goose stepping" and using the "Hitler salute" in one of his matches.

"I'm sure he thought it was no big deal," said another co-worker. "Well it was a big deal, and the timing couldn't have been worse. The entire world was paying tribute to the men who died at D-Day, and we've got a clown in the ring making a fool of himself and the company."

-- The only WWE reaction was a brief apology that appeared on WWE.com for a short time earlier today before it was pulled. More information on this whole saga can be found on the newsboard.

Bradshaw really is an assclown. Now the WWE just needs to learn from CNBC or have him on velocity jobbing to Funaki.

#1-norm-fan
06-10-2004, 05:28 PM
So is he fired from his radio show that debuted recently or is that unrelated to CNBC?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-10-2004, 05:35 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7352/bradshawnazi.jpg

John la Rock
06-11-2004, 03:11 AM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7352/bradshawnazi.jpg

:rofl: