PDA

View Full Version : You Got Served......again

Boomer
06-09-2004, 10:53 AM
'You Got Served' Sequel A Go; Omarion Says Former B2K Mates Invited To Return

Chris Stokes will again direct.

Omarion in "You Got Served"

CULVER CITY, California — Prepare to get served again.

Omarion and Marques Houston revealed backstage at Saturday's taping of the 2004 MTV Movie Awards that a sequel to their hit dancing drama, "You Got Served," is in theworks.

Chris Stokes, who manages both singers, will again direct. He is currently discussing the script with the co-stars and plans to begin shooting in late summer.

"We're messing with the concept right now, trying to get it perfect, 'cause trying to top the first one is a big step," Houston said. "We don't want to do something that's too much like the first one, but not too far from it either. Sequels are tough."

"There's so many different directions we could go," Omarion added. "I didn't have a father [in the first film], maybe my father could come back."

Omarion said his former groupmates, who had an ugly breakup with Stokes (see "Omarion Calls B2K Breakup 'A Real Sad Situation' "), are invited to return, but he's not sure it'll happen. "Everyone's cool, but we're all doing our own things," he said.

As for his own things, Omarion is about three-quarters finished with his solo album, which will show a more mature side of the singer than fans saw with B2K. "I'm almost 20 now, I've been in the entertainment business since I was 14, so I'm growing up a bit," he said. "It's going to be very interesting, talking about everything going on in my life."

The potential first single is called "I'm Young, But I'm Ready." "It's a song dedicated to all the ladies," Omarion said.

The Underdogs (Backstreet Boys, Ruben Studdard) produced the track, and Omarion also hopes to log studio time with Snoop Dogg and the Neptunes. Houston has contributed production as well.

"He's really getting a chance to be himself," Houston said. "When you get by yourself, you talk about personal issues. People are really going to get to know him."

Omarion has also signed on to host a video dedication show for MTV called "Dedicated" and he's executive producing the debut album from his younger brother, O'Ryan. "He's like my twin," Omarion said. "But he's more of a crooner, he really sings.

"As I get older, I want to do more in the business side of it," he added. "I haven't been to college, but this type of experience is like no other."

Another album Omarion will work on is Houston's second solo effort, which is due in March via a new deal with Atlantic Records. "I'm taking my time 'cause it needs to be perfect," Houston said. "I'd love to work with Alicia Keys and Justin Timberlake. He's an amazing artist."

"You Got Served 2" won't be out until 2005, but fans can check out the original on the just-released DVD. "It's been #1 two weeks in a row," Omarion boasted.

Omarion and Houston can also be seen together in the "Fat Albert" movie, opening Christmas Day (see "Aaron Carter Joins 'Fat Albert' Cast; Costumes Unveiled").

Get all the info you need on the 2004 MTV Movie Awards over at MTV.com.

by Corey Moss

Credit: MTV.com

-------------------------------

WHAT?!

AareDub
06-09-2004, 11:26 AM
:nono:

Boondock Saint
06-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah well, who didn't see this one coming.

Shaggy
06-09-2004, 02:26 PM
***Grabs gun and points it to head***

"There wont be a sequel to that movie as long as im alive on this planet"

DaveWadding
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
You got SURRVED

Vega
06-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Jesus Christ.

John la Rock
06-09-2004, 03:31 PM
:rofl:

Azriel
06-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Only good thing about that movie was that it inspired a good South Park episode.

samichna
06-09-2004, 03:41 PM
I smell Oscars

Triple A
06-09-2004, 04:40 PM
You gotta be kidding me.

Funky Fly
06-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Now Savior can post more really gay pictures. Hold on, lemme find it...

Here you go. http://www.tpww.net/forums/showpost.php?p=268073&postcount=26

Savio
06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Damn you served me, Funky.

Innovator
06-10-2004, 11:23 PM
didn't the movie go to DVD a month after it opened?

Fryza
06-10-2004, 11:26 PM
I had friends who rented that movie because "breakdancing is cool".

I'd rather die of AIDs then sit and watch that shit.

Nowhere Man
06-10-2004, 11:45 PM
This has been bugging me for a long time: just what the hell does getting "served" imply? That they wait on me and bring me food?

Anyways, another stupid sequel to another stupid movie. Ho-hum.

ilt_undertaker
06-11-2004, 01:06 AM
Man, now I gotta go out with my nieces and watch it :(

Bo
06-12-2004, 01:58 PM

:rofl:

John la Rock
06-12-2004, 06:46 PM

nice :rofl: