PDA

View Full Version : The Bret Hart/Goldberg kick?

King Jericho
06-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Because of not seeing much WCW, I haven't heard much about this match and the kick that ended Bret's career. Can someone fill me in here? There any videos of the match?

Disturbed316
06-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Cant remember what event it was, but Goldberg whipped Bret into the ropes, and kind of caught him with a stiff sweet chin music/back kick straight into his face. Bret was given a concussion but finished the match. (i think)

Then the concussion stayed and thats when his problems started. :(

Pepsi Man
06-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Cant remember what event it was, but Goldberg whipped Bret into the ropes, and kind of caught him with a stiff sweet chin music/back kick straight into his face. Bret was given a concussion but finished the match. (i think)

Then the concussion stayed and thats when his problems started. :(
WCW Starrcade 1999. Bret not only finished the match, but won as well, then beat Goldberg in a rematch the next night. A lot of fans didn't even really realize he was injured until he pulled out of Souled Out the next year.

Longshot
06-10-2004, 01:32 PM
I think you guys should take a look at the bret hart shoot interview if you can find it...I think I saw it on http://www.wwenwatna.com (not 100% sure)

Basically bret talked about this match with goldberg, and he said goldberg make 3 or 4 mistakes in that match that caused this concussion.

I believe that bret said that goldberg tossed him into a turnbuckle to hard, messed up bret figure-4 that he did around the post and then kicked him in the face. Overall goldberg was working really stiff that match and sadly it ended his career.

John la Rock
06-11-2004, 03:24 AM
Goldberg is/was probly the most careless wrestler of all time

Mike the Metal Ed
06-11-2004, 04:13 AM
"Uh Guh Nuh Kuhk Bruh"

*THWACK*

Gerard
06-11-2004, 01:56 PM
The actual kick i seen quite a few times in slow mo, to me hart just didn't get his hands up in time do deflect the kick.

PNoy
06-13-2004, 05:12 PM
The actual kick i seen quite a few times in slow mo, to me hart just didn't get his hands up in time do deflect the kick.

You can't seriously be blaming Bret for Goldberg's carelessness can you? :n:

Disturbed316
06-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Here is a link to the kick, dont know how long it will be up for though:

http://www.freehomepages.com/jhill/Endofthehitman.zip

King Jericho
06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks man, I downloaded it so I have the clip, but suprisingly myself Ian and Dave Youell watched it before Badd Blood yesterday cos Dave found his video, but thanks anyways.

*rep* :love:

Disturbed316
06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
spooky :y: