PDA

View Full Version : Owen Hart

JiM PolPot v.W.o.
06-13-2004, 04:00 PM
I was at Over the Edge when that happened. When he fell, everyone thought it was part of the show. I heard "nugget" chants and everything. The WWF didn't even bother to mention that a man had just died. I had no idea that it wasn't an angle until I got home and saw the news.

I was also really pissed off at a comment made by Craig Kilborn. Fuck him. I'm glad they killed him in Old School.

I have never seen the video of the pay per view. What was JR and the King saying when it happened?

ilt_undertaker
06-13-2004, 04:04 PM
What did Kilborn say?

Batsu
06-13-2004, 04:31 PM
What did Kilborn say?

Yeah. If it has anything to do with the Owen Hart event please mention it.

Lara Emily
06-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah. If it has anything to do with the Owen Hart event please mention it.
He said something like The Blue Blazer has died, not word yet on on his partner the Green Turtleneck.

Anybody Thrilla
06-13-2004, 04:56 PM
He said something like The Blue Blazer has died, not word yet on on his partner the Green Turtleneck.

:|

Good talk, see ya out there...

Longshot
06-13-2004, 05:32 PM
The WWF didn't even bother to mention that a man had just died.

I believe they did mention it on the same PPV.

Longshot
06-13-2004, 05:33 PM
The WWF didn't even bother to mention that a man had just died.

I believe they did mention it later on when word came out. And it was mentioned on the same PPV.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-13-2004, 05:36 PM
He said that he was AT the PPV and according to Mick Foley's book, the fans had no idea that Owen had died.

JiM PolPot v.W.o.
06-13-2004, 08:20 PM
I believe they did mention it later on when word came out. And it was mentioned on the same PPV.

I was there until about a half an hour after the Austin-Taker match was over. And not once did they mention what had happened on the PA.

Iceman90
06-13-2004, 10:01 PM
The reason the WWE didn't mention it at the show was because they didn't know.

Owen wasn't pronounced dead until arriving at the hospital.

If you read Mick Foley's 2nd book he has an entire chapter on it.

JR and the King had no idea what was happening, but assured the fans that IT WAS NOT PART OF THE SHOW. They were just as baffled as the rest of us.

Look through the archives at www.canoe.ca and you can read The British Bulldog's account of the incident, while watching at home. Bret Hart's is there too.

Savio
06-13-2004, 11:10 PM
JR: I can assure this is not part of the show.
(King left)

Iceman90
06-13-2004, 11:16 PM
I am pretty sure King went down to the ring to check on Owen didn't he?

I-Hate-You
06-13-2004, 11:30 PM
I am pretty sure King went down to the ring to check on Owen didn't he?
Yes.

There are pictures of it.

He was one of the first ones down there.

He said he knew Owen was dead when he got in the ring.

Longshot
06-14-2004, 12:48 AM
I was there until about a half an hour after the Austin-Taker match was over. And not once did they mention what had happened on the PA.

Well I obviously wasnt there but JR did say something to the home viewers.

Batsu
06-14-2004, 12:57 AM
That was kind of a lame comment there, but...that's all it was, lame.

I hope that didn't get too many laughs.

Stickman
06-14-2004, 02:44 AM
where do i go on canoe.ca to read that article?

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2004, 04:32 AM
Not to be disrespectfu or anything but I'm gonna be honest...

Had I not been a wrestling fan and heard Kilborn's joke, I probably would have laughed. If anyone watches late night TV or listens to shock radio or anything, whenever some non-celebrity dies and there is a joke to be made, it doesn't seem too bad. I dunno how to explain it. But yes, having no clue who Owen was, hearing that joke would have probably been funny.

Aussie Skier
06-14-2004, 06:32 AM
I have what JR says at the event I presume.

Its on Kazaa.
says something like "we wish to regret the death of Owen Hart, following that fatal fall, earlier this evening." and Jerry lawler is looking on wiht tears in his eyes

Aussie Skier
06-14-2004, 06:45 AM
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=homepage.mac.com/knarley/owenhart/owendistance2150.jpg&imgrefurl=http://homepage.mac.com/knarley/owenhart/owen.html&h=542&w=330&sz=94&tbnid=Roz02dQJ92sJ:&tbnh=129&tbnw=79&start=6&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dowen%2Bhart%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8

Bad Company
06-14-2004, 06:59 AM
:'(

I-Hate-You
06-14-2004, 09:05 AM
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=homepage.mac.com/knarley/owenhart/owendistance2150.jpg&imgrefurl=http://homepage.mac.com/knarley/owenhart/owen.html&h=542&w=330&sz=94&tbnid=Roz02dQJ92sJ:&tbnh=129&tbnw=79&start=6&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dowen%2Bhart%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8
That's the site that I was talking about that featured pictures.

Goldbird
06-14-2004, 09:42 AM
I have what JR says at the event I presume.

Its on Kazaa.
says something like "we wish to regret the death of Owen Hart, following that fatal fall, earlier this evening." and Jerry lawler is looking on wiht tears in his eyes

He probably said it wrongly.

Not "We wish to regret"

But "We regret"

c4g2
06-14-2004, 10:41 AM
RIP Owen :(

#1-norm-fan
06-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I think JR's exact words were "I have the unfortunate duty to inform everybody that Owen Hart has died".

blake639raw
06-14-2004, 10:00 PM
I think JR's exact words were "I have the unfortunate duty to inform everybody that Owen Hart has died". I was in a state of shock when he said that. I felt numb, like it was some kind of nightmare. I have never cried about any kind of wrestler or celebrity dying, but this hit a nerve with me. RIP the true king of Harts, Owen. :'(

YOUR Hero
06-14-2004, 10:23 PM
King went down and tried CPR on Owen if I remember. Anyway, I know he was in the ring right away.

Vega
06-14-2004, 11:13 PM
I have the tape of the event.

King and JR are talking regularly and it is showing the Blue Blazer promo/intro video. The video repeats and JR says "...And we've got big problems here". They start showing shots of the crowd in hopes of avoiding the issue altogether hoping the fall wasn't that bad, then they eventually have to go to king and JR and JR starts saying how Owen Hart has fell and how it is not part of the show. King sounds really concerned and leaves the announce table to help. JR is stuck at the booth by himself and all the camera shows is far shots of the crowd and occasionally JR explaining what is happening. After a few minutes king returns and JR says "Things don't look good" and king says "They don't look good at all" in a voice I have never heard from him before or since then. JR says how Owen is being rushed to the hospital and they say they are going to go on with the next match. They cut to a promo with I think debra and Jeff Jarret, and they break character and barely touch on their fued and have tears in their eyes saying "We love you Owen". Partway through the next mach (about 20 minutes after the fall) JR says "I have the unfortunate duty of informing you all that Owen Hart has died" and it just shows king and JR with tears in their eyes pretty much to choked up to say anything else.