PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Now.

Gimmick
06-13-2004, 04:37 PM
<font color=green>I've read on this site, from people such as Triple A, that he found this movie boring. What an idiot. Here's a guy that goes on about how certain movies are real good, he gives his reasons and it seems most people agree with him or at least don't debate his opinions. On this subject however, he isn't going to get away with making such a claim.

No more lazy people, no more chicken shits.

Triple A. You are stupid. Apocalypse Now is a dark and cerbral movie. It's about imagery and deep characters. Stick to things you really understand, either that or expand your thoughts beyond "it's boring" </font>

Boomer
06-13-2004, 04:41 PM
It's his opinion. Not yours. Big woop.

Gimmick
06-13-2004, 04:54 PM
It's his opinion. Not yours. Big woop.

<font color=green>Wow.

Let me clarify things since you didn't grasp the real context of my post.

I want to read real thoughts, not "It's Boring" If he finds it boring, then fine, but lets find out why.

You raced too quickly to suck up instead of getting the message. Take my advice and don't let it happend again.

Now back on topic. </font>

Boomer
06-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Calling someone stupid has nothing to do with Apocalypse Now. That's what I'm saying.

Gimmick
06-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Calling someone stupid has nothing to do with Apocalypse Now. That's what I'm saying.
<font color=green>It's called provoking debate.

Now shush

back on topic. </font>

Boomer
06-13-2004, 08:35 PM
And I'm not looking for some stupid fight. Anyone is entitled to their opinion, even if you don't think it's a "real thought".

IMO, the movie drags on to long and it does a bad job covering for Brando's ass. I mean Sheen had a heart attack during the filming for Christ sake. It's amazing that Apocalypse Now ever even got off the ground. But I do think it does Heart of Darkness a fair amount of justice.

Gimmick
06-13-2004, 08:59 PM
<font color=green> It is a real thought, it's just a lazy conclusion that I'm asking for clarification on.

I don't understand what Sheen having a heart attack during filming has to do with your opinion of the movie character played by Brando. That's a tidbit fact and means nothing in regards to what was an awesome movie of images, character and reflection.

PS, the movie is about to be shown tonight on The History Channel, uncut, no commercials.

Forgive for not mentioning this earlier, as I see many people viewed this thread and would have been served by this information.</font>

Boomer
06-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Two separate thoughts I kinda meshed. The movie was a mess. That was the main thought. Brando was drunk off his ass and fat. Sheen was obviously having personal problems.

I mean the movie's images cahnged cus of Brando. He wouldn't show up on random days. And because he was overweight they had to use darker lights to hide it. Like the scene where Sheen first meets him, and the light is really only over one of his eyes. An actor should never interfere with the director's vision.

Triple A
06-14-2004, 01:06 AM
I don't even remember. To be fair, I usually don't really like war movies besides the ones Kubrick has done.

I just remember being real disappointed after it was over. Like, what is the fuss about?

I am not saying it was BAD by any means, just that I didn't really find it all that great or entertaining. I saw it like two years ago though so maybe my opinion would be different if I watched it again today.

The Miz
06-14-2004, 01:08 AM
You probably watched the Redux version, which sucks dick. Watch the original.

Boomer
06-14-2004, 01:47 AM
You probably watched the Redux version, which sucks dick. Watch the original.

Ya see I saw most of Redux in film study. Lame.

Vega
06-14-2004, 03:36 AM
I saw redux a while ago. It started off really good, then when he got to the camp it went all downhill. Too much boring and pointless shit.

The Mackem
06-14-2004, 05:41 AM
CHARLIE DON'T SURF!

YOUR Hero
06-14-2004, 09:57 PM
You'd have thought ~the redux~ would have made the movie clearer, better, but it doesn't. The original is better by far.

Adder
06-15-2004, 11:48 AM
The redux tried to be deep, this wasn't really supposed to be a deep movie.