PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Iced Earth

asphyXy
06-15-2004, 03:08 AM
<font color=969696>Fucking awesome show. The setlist was basically the same as when I saw them in New York. I met Jon Schaffer, James MacDonough, and Ralph Santolla outside of the venue afterwards. I got autographs from all three, and I got pictures with Jon and James [the picture with Jon didn't have flash, so I don't know how it will come out].

Iced Earth was great: that's a given. The only problem was the opening bands, Beyond The Embrace and Trivium. Every single song by both of these bands had one of those pseudo-hardcore breakdowns with a heavy stop-and-go riff as an attempt to get the crowd to headbang. This, unfortunately, is not an exaggeration.

I will now review both bands individually.

Beyond The Embrace: In Flames tribute band. They have three guitarists for no reason. Their bassist used a pick, and their drummer fucked up simple rhythms. They sound just like In Flames does now. Their singer tries to sing at times, but it is just hilarious. When he screams, he sounds just like Anders of In Flames does now. All of their riffs sound exactly like something In Flames would write. One of the solos had the harmony from Episode 666 by In Flames, and me and my friend laughed. Synopsis: In Flames tribute band.

Trivium: Worst band ever. Well, they're not <u>the</u> worst, but they're damn fucking close. Their lead "singer" made weird faces on stage while singing. He had a crew cut. Every time he tried to do melodic vocals, He had trouble playing and singing. When he did play his guitar, it was either open notes or a sad excuse for a guitar solo. All of his solos had triplet pulloffs [the easiest technique in soloing], failed attempts at pinch harmonics, and tremolo picking. The other guitarist's solos weren't as horrible, but they were still pretty damn bad. All of the riffs sounded like Beyond The Embrace riffs. All of the melodies sounded like [In Flames] Beyond The Embrace melodies. Synopsis: [A worse] In Flames tribute band.

Side note: The lead singer of Trivium took a picture of the crowd for their website, and the whole right side of the crowd was booing. He goes, "I guess a few people over here dont like us". The crowd responded with a bunch of catcalls like "get off the stage" and "you pussies arent metal". A few people at the bar tried to start a "fag</>gots! fag</>gots!" chant, but it died down.

Never see Trivium. Never listen to Trivium. They are what metal should never be. They are what music should never be.

Trivium : music :: Dark_Kane's dick : existence</font>

The Destroyer
06-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Wow, sounds like you got screwed with support bands. One leg of the tour gets Evergrey and CoB and you get two piles of crap...