PDA

View Full Version : The answer for some who may not be enjoying the WWE

Longshot
06-16-2004, 08:40 PM
I think I finally realised why I havent been enjoying the WWE for the last year or so. Don't get me wrong I tune in every Monday and Thrusday but usually just watch parts of the show that seem interesting and during other parts of the show I'm off doing something else and coming back to see whats going on, instead of just sitting down for 2 hours and watching.

This may not be very popular what I'm going to say now but hey...I dont really care.

I think main reason I havent been enjoying the WWE is because of the internet sites. I use to go on sites and read spoilers and so on and for the last 2 weeks or so I havent and I've enjoyed watching the show a lot more. I think that in reading these spoilers and rumors it took away from the actual enjoyment of just sitting there and letting the WWE storyline play out. If I know whats going to happen then whats the point in watching? That why I would get up and do something else...because I read the smackdown spoiler and since I knew what was going to happen and who won every match, I had no reason to watch.

So basically I wont be reading anything on any wrestling website and I will probably not post any more messages on forums like this on. I think that I'll still be posting in the wrestling q&a part of this forum but I'll be trying to stay away from anything that contains spoilers.

Best wishes

Londoner
06-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Well i find that doing that does tend to make you enjoy it more, but when you come back here you realise you've been watching complete rubbish.

James Steele
06-16-2004, 08:50 PM
You Don't Realize It. People Make You Think You Were Watching Rubbish.

Londoner
06-16-2004, 08:52 PM
No i mean like, how badly the cruiserweight title is being used and how shit the womens division is etc, thats how i realise ive been watching complete crap.

Wondermouse
06-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Is that the title of your next book, James?

Xero
06-16-2004, 10:09 PM
I hardly ever read the SmackDown spoilers... I do like to be kept up to date with signings and future storylines, though...

OssMan
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Even if I do read the Smackdown spoilers, I am still thinking "wow this sucks."

Stickman
06-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I'd rather read Smackdown spoilers, so I don't sit down to watch and say to myself, "Wow, I will never get these past 2 hours back, if only I read the spoilers"

V
06-16-2004, 11:16 PM
this is why i never read spoilers

The Naitch
06-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Even if I do read the Smackdown spoilers, I am still thinking "wow this sucks."

If it sucks, atleast that way I can plan my Thursday's doing something else instead

c4g2
06-17-2004, 03:58 AM
See?! Brock Lesnar was justified! BEWARRRRRRRE, all of you... BEWARRRRRRE...

Moonspell
06-17-2004, 05:48 AM
Well, I didn't read the spoilers and was SHOCKED when Brian Christopher made his return match against Kane. :yes: I was expecting Tajiri or some poor soul to job. Not good ol' Too Sexy. So I guess without spoilers the show is ... slightly more enjoyable for about one second of laughter.

Londoner
06-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Come to think of it,where is Brian Christopher now? He makes his return..jobs to kane..wrestling career over...AGAIN!

Wondermouse
06-17-2004, 11:57 AM
He showed up late one day and they fired him.

No matter what, everytime something happens in the WWE, I'll analyze it as it pertains to the backstage and off the screen stuff. "Oh, wrestler X just got killed by Y. I guess he's taking some time off."

Goldbird
06-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Remember, nothing beats real-life action. Not even some slipshod words.

Moonspell
06-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Hah. I'm tempted to watch Memphis Wrestling Saturday to see if Christopher's back there. Maybe Lawler and son will pull off an amazing show that WWE could only dream of.

big_bluto
06-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Nobody would ever have a problem reading spoilers if they held decent contents.
Part of the current problem is that you read a spoiler for 2 hours of TV and there isn't a single thing that you fancy watching.
That's piss-poor.

When you think about it, RAW & Smackdown every week get more TV time than a Lord of the Rings movie, 2 National Lampoons movies, 8 episodes of Friends, or 5 episodes of Buffy.
And in that time, there isn't a single thing you want to watch?

That's Vince's problem, so in the meantime I'll keep reading the spoilers to maximise the quality of time that I have........

Lamuella
06-17-2004, 01:16 PM
LOongshot, don't let the doorknob impale you in the ass on your way out

HankScorpio
06-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm sure I've said this somewhere else Brian Christopher is a wart on the shaft of wrestling. if I'd read the spoilers I'd've stayed away from RAW for the 2 shows he was on, I'm not sure if not reading the spoilers and seeing RAW & BC was better than reading them and avoiding BC

Mr. JL
06-17-2004, 03:02 PM
*following in Longshot's footsteps*

Peace out TPWW.net

Gerard
06-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Only thing thats keeping me interested at present is eugene, aside from that its the same predictable shite weve been getting for years.

The only thing i didn't really expect was such a lame ending in the kane\benoit match, beaten by a rollup :wtf: Yeah im sure that took hours of planning and preperation, more like a copout.

HankScorpio
06-17-2004, 03:27 PM
^^
Me and my friends were talking about that Lame ending, but, has anyone ever seen Kane lose by a roll-up before?

Wondermouse
06-17-2004, 03:32 PM
LOongshot, don't let the doorknob impale you in the ass on your way out

Indeed.

Head
06-17-2004, 03:56 PM
It's entirely possible to visit internet forums without reading spoilers.

I know I do.