PDA

View Full Version : Is JBL the most hated wrestler in WWE history?

John la Rock
06-20-2004, 02:25 AM
I say yes. I don't think I've ever seen a heel who is disliked as much as Bradshaw

Everybody hates him. The casual fans hate him because of his gimmick and character on screen and the internet fans hate him because: 1) he's a horrible worker, 2) he says stupid things and goes on and on how internet fans are ignorant, lazy, out of shape, bla, bla, bla (*cough* hypocrite *cough*) and 3) his disgracefull actions in Germany which caused his firing at CNBC (funny how he lied on Smackdown this past week when he stated that he was fired because he's a wrestler and has freedom of speech LOL)

I think that 95 % of fans want his ass fired. I've never seen a wrestler who is hated this much by pretty much everyone.

So is he the most hated wrestler of all time?

sadio8
06-20-2004, 02:28 AM
I still say Hogan is worse lol

John la Rock
06-20-2004, 02:29 AM
oh ya here's another thing I found

http://nodq.com/specials/89669517.shtml

Kane Knight
06-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Clarification: Do you mean as far as KAYFABE goes, or as far as he himself goes?

HeartBreakMan2k
06-20-2004, 02:31 AM
It's either JBL or Bob Holly

FourFifty
06-20-2004, 02:39 AM
Let's wait 'till JBL gets stabbed a few times, has acid thrown on him, and have people tell who ever he is fighting to kill him in a thick Italian accent... then we'll talk about being a dumbass and getting heat.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-20-2004, 02:49 AM
And no, he's not in history. I'd venture to say Freddie Blassie was one of the most hated. As was Shiek

Loose Cannon
06-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Wait, are we talking in real life or in the world of Kayfabe wrestling? Cause in the world of kayfabe, he's definately not. I'd put some many WWF Heels before him like Vince, Shiek, Blassie, Adonis, Ventura, Graham, Honky Tonk, Dibiase, Backlund, Triple H,...yeah, the list goes on.

James Steele
06-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Real World: Hogan (greedy balding no-talent mother fucker) :shifty:

KAYFABE: Freddie Blassie HANDS DOWN!

I'm JamesSteele And I Approve Of This Message.

Have A Nice Day.

Wildcat789
06-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Outside of Kayfabe, I'd say yes. As a jewish person, what JBL did was absolutely wrong. I'd go as far as to say he's one of my most hated people ever. There's no reason to bring up the mutilation of an entire group of people, especially to draw BOO's from a friggin crowd.

Fuck you, JBL. I wish upon you an eternity of suffering after you die, which hopefully isn't far away.

Cruiserweight 3:16
06-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I'd say no in whatever context. I've met him before and the WWE wrestlers didn't seem to have a problem with him, nor did the agents, and the fans gave him a good pop even though he did a heel turn at a house show. He was over when part of the APA, but his lame wrestling skills isn't exactly helping his popularity right now.

Like others have mentioned, there are wrestlers in the past that have been hated more than Bradshaw.

HankScorpio
06-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Jeff Hardy is, was and always shall be the most hated wrestler ever (at least on the TPWW boards)

Blue Demon
06-20-2004, 01:17 PM
as far as "real life" goes...yes.

Stickman
06-20-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm not praising him but I think people are taking his Nazi salute too far. Yes it was stupid of him to do it but look on the other side of things. I've seen a lot worse on TV and in movies. I've seen Documentaries on Hitler and Hussien, movies about slaughtering people have been made, and this shitty wrestler causes an uproar with one simple mistake? I dunno man...

LK
06-20-2004, 02:24 PM
No I don't think he is the most hated wrestler in WWE history on both sides. On the Kayfabe side of things people like Flair, the nWo, Dibease, Vince have drawn more heat and on the otherside it is close but I for one will always hate HHH more for the stuff that he has done particularly to one of my favourite wrestlers all time, Chris Jericho

John la Rock
06-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Clarification: Do you mean as far as KAYFABE goes, or as far as he himself goes?

both

combined with the character on screen and the man backstage

loopydate
06-20-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm not praising him but I think people are taking his Nazi salute too far. Yes it was stupid of him to do it but look on the other side of things. I've seen a lot worse on TV and in movies. I've seen Documentaries on Hitler and Hussien, movies about slaughtering people have been made, and this shitty wrestler causes an uproar with one simple mistake? I dunno man...
There's a serious difference you're forgetting. Films are films. They are meant to dramatize this sort of thing.

An illegal gesture is an illegal gesture whether it's on the street or in a wrestling ring. If John Cena whipped out his penis in front of an American crowd, you wouldn't dismiss it by saying "Well, they show nudity in movies." The Nazi salute is banned by law in Germany. JBL deserved to be fired from CNBC, and WWE should have done the same.

OssMan
06-20-2004, 04:09 PM
http://members.cox.net/mikenegrin/untitled.bmp

06-20-2004, 04:21 PM
As a (part) German, I have every right to be offended, but I'm not really. I don't like JBL either, but I can understand what he's trying to say - it's not som,ething I'd stand up and agree with, but I think what he did was just very misguided (particularly with D-Day having been just a couple of weeks ago). I do agree with those that say it was blown out of proportion a bit mind you. He's hardly the first person to do it, it's just that as a WWE wrestler, he's going to be under the comb somewhat.

When he said he was just an actor, and nobody was complaining about what Anthony Hopkins did in Silence of the Lambs, I see what he's trying to get at in fairness. Of course, he's wrong - the people whom Hopkins was intimidating and/or eating were also actors, the fans JBL was insulting were real people. I don't think what he did makes him an evil person, just a bit stupid.

Of course, one might say the past bigotry, the constant whining about the internet, the hazing etc etc DOES make him a bad person, but that's another matter.

Loose Cannon
06-20-2004, 04:25 PM
http://members.cox.net/mikenegrin/untitled.bmp

lol, look at Booker T. He's going for the salute too.

Savio
06-20-2004, 05:11 PM
lol, look at Booker T. He's going for the salute too.
...or an elbow drop. Bob Holly's worse for beating up the man who was sussposed to take Chavo's title just because he's new.
---------------------
Why did they stab freddie?

Mr. Nerfect
06-20-2004, 05:51 PM
No in either case. So many heels are over more than Bradshaw, and others have been hated more than Bradshaw by the internet community.

John la Rock
06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
No in either case. So many heels are over more than Bradshaw, and others have been hated more than Bradshaw by the internet community.

examples?

Rob
06-20-2004, 06:05 PM
HHH and Hulk Hogan were way more hated in their day. Vince Russo was too.

Savio
06-20-2004, 06:22 PM
examples?
Maven

Kane Knight
06-20-2004, 06:34 PM
examples?
I'd like to say that Bradshaw's getting X-Pac Heat.

Most people who hate him seem to want him off TV, not to tune in to watch him get his ass beat.

Offstage, people hate him. People have hoped he'll die. Sure, that makes him the target of hate, but it doesn't make him a heel.

Kane Knight
06-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Hardcore Holly. :p

Funky Fly
06-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Why did they stab freddie?
He was that good at being a heel.

Dazz
06-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah wasn't it some shit like back then people used to think Wrestling was real, and he got attacked because they thought it was how he really acts.

Funky Fly
06-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah wasn't it some shit like back then people used to think Wrestling was real, and he got attacked because they thought it was how he really acts.
That was in the 1960s IIRC

Shadow
06-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Jeff Hardy is, was and always shall be the most hated wrestler ever (at least on the TPWW boards)

I do belive someone's trying to get a rise outta me. Ain't gonna work though.

Kane Knight
06-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Don't be an idiot.

There will always be Hardy fanboyz on here, no matter what. Hardy's not even close to the level of contempt some people get. Hell, he isn't even Triple H, and Trips has his few rabid supporters.

Wildcat789
06-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Don't be an idiot.

There will always be Hardy fanboyz on here, no matter what. Hardy's not even close to the level of contempt some people get. Hell, he isn't even Triple H, and Trips has his few rabid supporters.

He was trying to draw cheap heat off of Shadow.. :roll:

Ferocious
06-20-2004, 08:31 PM
If that statement was true, the mere fact that you made that post proves it wrong.

Why is it that anytime someone mentions Jeff Hardy it is always to try and offend you?. I have just returned from a two week holiday........I was hoping you wouldnt be here when I returned. Peasant.

Shadow
06-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Bite me Ferocious. The only time you'll find me leave is when they ban my ass and I'm forced to get another sn.

Ferocious
06-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Bite you?, I wouldn't come near you without a pair of asbestos gloves and a gas mask.

Kane Knight
06-20-2004, 08:54 PM
He was trying to draw cheap heat off of Shadow.. :roll:
Wow. That really makes him intelligent then. :roll:

c4g2
06-21-2004, 02:17 AM
JBL's on the way to being THE heel, but he's not there yet.

Kayfabe = :y:
Real life = :n:

As compared to HHH...

Kayfabe = :y:
Real life: :y:

Or Hardcore Holly...

Kayfabe = :n:
Real life :y: :y:

So conclusion: HHH is the Heavyweight Hated Heel.

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 07:23 AM

hahahaha I don't even know who you are. I just really hate Jeff Hardy

one of the most hated "wrestlers" IMO is Mr MacMahon, even if you do love to hate him

c4g2
06-21-2004, 07:31 AM
*free post*

:D

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 07:34 AM
^^
LOL

c4g2
06-21-2004, 07:37 AM
TheOneLameGunn at 444 posts!!! :eek:

Don't post here! I know you want to... resist the temptation to break this milestone...

Don't post DAMNIT!!! :rant:

:shifty:

big_bluto
06-21-2004, 07:47 AM
Is Bradshaw the most hated?

It's a bit of a tricky question.
See I hate his guts, I'd gladly set fire to his face and put it out with a bucket of hot sand, I would piss on him if he was on fire, but only so I could piss on him.

The whole Nazi salute thing pissed me off, but not as much as the refusal to accept any responsibility for it whatsoever.
I am more than happy to admit that I think he's made more of this title opportunity than anyone ever anticipated and he's done a great job with his character, however he's still a crap wrestler, a wanker and I hate his guts!

That all said, is he the most hated?
When you consider what he's done in comparison to others at WWE, then I would have to say no.

Vince McMahon is number 1 on my shit list.
Pure and simple - he's the man with the responsibility to run WWE.
At the end of the day, he's the one who has buried wrestlers, screwed them over, encourage people like Bradshaw that it's allright to pop Nazi salutes, and done a million other things that are either offensive, indecent, degrading, or just downright horrible.
It's Vince that bears the responsibility for everything that goes on in WWE.

Vince McMahon = MOST HATED.

c4g2
06-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Hey bluto, add a [/jindrak] to your post and it will be just right, I assure you.

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Vince McMahon = MOST HATED.

:y:

c4g2
06-21-2004, 07:52 AM
^ LameGunn you didn't follow my warning. :mad:

Nah it's ok. :D

HankScorpio
06-21-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm not listening to you till the FedEx guy arrives :lol: :lol:

c4g2