PDA

View Full Version : The Disco Inferno Tribute thread.

Lara Emily
06-20-2004, 03:30 AM
Yeah that's right, share your favorite Disco Inferno moments here.

I'll start:

The entire angle with him in the nWo Wolfpac was great, hillarious stuff, I'd kill to get extensive footage of that angle, it was proably one of the highlights of WCW for me at the time. It was just too funny.

He's also a pretty decent worker too:

This leads me to another other favorite Disco moment. His performance at HH 98, he put on two freaking good matches against Kidman and Juvi in the same night, for a guy that isn't seen as a top worker, that's pretty impressive and he was not carried either in those matches. That was a great PPV showing by Disco.

Anyways I'll stop there for now so don't be shy post your favorite Disco Moments.

mitch_h
06-20-2004, 03:36 AM
Unfortunitly I can't think of any Disco moments but I will admit that I love his voice.

Corkscrewed
06-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Never saw him. Sorry Lara. But I will reply to boost my post count! ;)

Funky Fly
06-20-2004, 04:14 AM
That time where he claimed to be a cruiserweight so he could go after the title.

Lara Emily
06-20-2004, 04:24 AM
That time where he claimed to be a cruiserweight so he could go after the title.
He actually was a Cruiserweight champion at one point. Whether he was officialy in the weightclass I don't remember. There's a great skit throughout an episode of WCW Nitro where they show Disco frantically trying to lose weight on various exercise devices in order to lose enough weight to face Kidman later that night. That was great, were you refering to that Funky?

I <3 Negros
06-20-2004, 08:18 AM
When he and Alex Wright were a tag team and would come out dancing that was hilarious.

Stickman
06-20-2004, 01:27 PM
When he was all down and needed something to spark him. So he learned a new submission move but didn't know how to apply it, so in mid-match he pulled out a piece of paper showing how to put the move on. It was a standing figure four.

ilt_undertaker
06-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Disco Fever! Disco Fever! Disco Fever! YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA!

Joe Kerr
06-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Alex Wright

Is by far the better dancer and wrestler!

http://www.coachron.com/coachronsales/new50.jpg
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/wright_y.jpg
http://wrestle.ru/photo/alexwright/images/04.jpg

ilt_undertaker
06-20-2004, 01:48 PM
:n:

06-20-2004, 01:52 PM
1. That thing he did with the Konnan song. You know, that thing...

2. How, back in 1996, I thought he was Paul Roma.

3. How underrated Alex Wright was.

Those would be my fondest Disco Inferno memories.

I <3 Negros
06-20-2004, 01:57 PM
This thread isn't about Alex Wright it's about the legendary Disco Inferno, now stay on topic. I also liked his theme music, that was great music.

06-20-2004, 02:00 PM
It WAS great music. I had it second on the all time greatest WCW themes list, just behind Alex Wrights.

Anybody Thrilla
06-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Yes, it is true, Alex Wright was fairly amazing. It's taking everything in my power to not start the Das Wunderkind Tribute Thread, but I won't.

Disco was good, though. I met him at the Gathering of the Juggalos for a brief moment two years ago, and he seemed like a nice enough guy. The Dancing Fools were my favorite WCW tag team at one point.

I also remember when he debuted the Chart Buster. I didn't see it, but my friend kept telling me he was doing something called the Shark Buster, and I was all like "What the hell is a Shark Buster", but then everything fell into place.

That is all.

parkmania
06-20-2004, 02:42 PM
I met the guy at a card game convention once. Really "real" guy when he's away from the ring.

John la Rock
06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
:lol: at this thread

Fox
06-20-2004, 03:30 PM
1. That thing he did with the Konnan song. You know, that thing...

"Bow wow wow, yippee yo yipee yay, Konnan sucks all day every day!"

I actually hated Disco Inferno, but his music was catchy.

DISCO FEVAH!
DISCO FEVAH!
YAH YAH YAH YAH!

He's so cocky! He's so cool!
He's a disco dancin' fool!

:lol:

Lara Emily
06-20-2004, 08:21 PM
It WAS great music. I had it second on the all time greatest WCW themes list, just behind Alex Wrights.

Alex's was indeed awesome.

Man those two are probably my fav Tag Team ever. Disco with the mic skills and his very good in ring skill and Alex with his excellent in ring skill

Nowhere Man
06-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Honestly, my favorite Disco moment happened at a house show in my hometown.

Disco gets on the mic: "Boy it sure is good to see all you people tonight, here in Birmingham, Alabama"

*crowd boos, since we're in Huntsville*

"Y'know, I came here to Bir-oh, I'm sorry, Huntsville, today, and I looked at everyone here, and I was thinking that I'd like to take that big rocket you've got (Huntsville's home of the Marshall Space Flight Center), and put all you guys on it and launch it to the moon, 'cause you people are damn ugly!"

*crowd boos*

"You know what? Just for that, the Disco Inferno will NOT dance for you tonight!"

*crowd pops huge*

"In fact, the Disco Inferno will not even wrestle for you tonight!!!"

*crowd pops even bigger*

Then Rick Steiner came out and destroyed Disco to end the segment. Still, it was hysterical if you were there.

Ferocious
06-20-2004, 08:48 PM
D.I.S.C.O would have been a better theme.

:shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
06-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Didn't he spell it Disqo at one point?

Ferocious
06-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Didn't he spell it Disqo at one point?Your thinking of Sisqo the silver haired muppet with the thongs.

But I don't think D.I.S.Q.O would have sounded right.

6to1
06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
how about the duck who wrote that crap

Anybody Thrilla
06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Your thinking of Sisqo the silver haired muppet with the thongs.

But I don't think D.I.S.Q.O would have sounded right.

:lol:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ferocious again.

Lara Emily
06-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Didn't he spell it Disqo at one point?

Yep.

Funky Fly
06-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Yep.
Indeed, during his run in the Filthy Animals.

And yeah, I was referring to that whole angle. He was so much bigger than all the cruisers too.

Lara Emily
06-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Indeed, during his run in the Filthy Animals.

And yeah, I was referring to that whole angle. He was so much bigger than all the cruisers too.
Yeah but Alex Wright is pretty tall too and he was considered a crusier same with La Parka but yeah I dunno whether Disco every offically met the weight, then again who cares it was great TV :D

Lara Emily
06-21-2004, 12:47 AM
When he was all down and needed something to spark him. So he learned a new submission move but didn't know how to apply it, so in mid-match he pulled out a piece of paper showing how to put the move on. It was a standing figure four.
What year was that, I think I saw that if I haven't I must have read about it either way, funny stuff.

6to1
06-21-2004, 01:16 AM
he was one of the best heels in wcw even when he tried to play a face people went disco sucks kind of like angle now

Mr. Nerfect
06-21-2004, 04:11 AM
I never really watched WCW, so I missed out on the Alex Wright/Disco Inferno tag team. BTW, Disco Fever was a 5 star theme. :y:

I really wouldn't mind seeing Inferno get signed to the WWE, probably used in the Cruiserweight division as their lead heel.

diamondcutter
06-21-2004, 07:42 PM
I liked his parody of Konnan's music video. I couldn't stand the actual one.

"Oil of Olay, all day every day!"

Also, when he was with the Filthy Animals during the summer of 2000. There was a skit on Thunder where either everyone wanted to beat him up, or kick him out of that faction. Needless to say, they had a bunch of people lined up backstage.

MVP
06-21-2004, 08:03 PM
I :heart: Disco Inferno.

I wish he was on Smackdown.

The Mackem
06-22-2004, 08:22 AM
I remember when my mate got Thunder for the PS and he always wanted to be him.

Danny Electric
06-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Was Alex Wright Berlin?

MVP
06-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Was Alex Wright Berlin?Yup, that was a flop and a half.