PDA

View Full Version : TPWW Movie Awards

#1-norm-fan
06-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Suprised this wasn't done YEARS ago. Anyways, TPWW should have it's own annual award topic. Since we are halfway through 2004, the first one should include all movies released in 2003, and in January we can do another for all of 2004. Should work out better than the MTV Movie awards at least (eg. No nominations for You Got Served.)

So pick some nominees for each of these categories and the 5 most mentioned will become nominees.. If I don't get enough nominees for a category, I just won't include it. If you aren't sure whether a movie came out in 2003, just check IMDB.

Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Director
Best Screenplay
Best Animated Picture
Best Documentary
Best Foreign Film
Best Visual Effects
Best Song

I'll make up the ballot in one week and voting will begin. :y:

Triple A
06-21-2004, 02:35 AM
This was already done around Oscar time.

But anyway...

Best Picture Mystic River
Best Actor Sean Penn - Mystic River
Best Actress Charlize Theron - Monster
Best Supporting Actor Tim Robbins - Mystic River
Best Supporting Actress Alison Lohman - Matchstick Men
Best Director Fernando Meirelles - City of God
Best Screenplay Mystic River
Best Animated Picture Finding Nemo
Best Documentary Spellbound
Best Foreign Film City of God (2002 but.. basically 2003)
Best Visual Effects Lord of the Rings I GUESS
Best Song what

#1-norm-fan
06-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Was there actually an entire awards set-up and everything?

Lotus
06-21-2004, 02:44 AM
Holy shit, I just got a Deja Vu about this thread.... :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
06-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Someone link me.

-edit- Alright, I can't find a thing like this anywhere. So, we'll keep this going.

Danny Electric
06-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Best Picture - Mystic River
Best Actor - Bill Murray (Lost In Translation)
Best Actress - Scarlett Johannsen (Lost In Translation)
Best Supporting Actor - Tim Robbins (Mystic River)
Best Supporting Actress - not sure
Best Director - Sofia Coppola (Lost In Translation)
Best Screenplay - Mystic River
Best Animated Picture - Finding Nemo
Best Documentary - Spellbound
Best Foreign Film - City Of God
Best Visual Effects - X Men 2
Best Song - Not a sure of a certain song but the best soundtrack was Lost In Translation.

OssMan
06-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Danny Electric did you just vote for whatever Triple A voted for in categories you didn't know?

Danny Electric
06-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Danny Electric did you just vote for whatever Triple A voted for in categories you didn't know?

No you idiot.
I have the same taste in movies.
Lost In Translation and Mystic River are the best films I've seen over the year.
Plus I have City Of God and Spellbound on DVD.

The Miz
06-21-2004, 12:22 PM
nah

AareDub
06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Best Picture The Shape of Things
Best Actor William H. Macy - The Cooler
Best Actress Charlize Theron - Monster
Best Supporting Actor Alec Baldwin - The Cooler
Best Supporting Actress Chloe Sevigny - Party Monster
Best Director Peter Jackson
Best Screenplay The Shape of Things
Best Animated Picture Brother Bear
Best Visual Effects Lord of the Rings

The Lone Drinker
06-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Best Picture: Freddy Vs. Jason

Best Actor: Sean Penn [Mystic River]

Best Actress: Charlize Theron [Monster]

Best Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins [Mystic River]

Best Supporting Actress: Christina Ricci [Monster]

Best Director: Ronny Yu [Freddy Vs. Jason]

Best Screenplay: Freddy Vs. Jason

Best Animated Picture: Finding Nemo

Best Documentary: Spellbound

Best Foreign Film: City Of God

Best Visual Effects: Lord of the Rings

Best Song: "How can I live" by Ill Nino [Freddy Vs. Jason]

loopydate
06-21-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm picking five nominees in each category.

Best Picture - Big Fish, The Last Samurai, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Lost in Translation, and Mystic River

Best Actor - Russell Crowe (Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World), Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl), Jude Law (Cold Mountain), Bill Murray (Lost in Translation), and Sean Penn (Mystic River). At least the Academy got something right last year.

Best Actress - Jennnifer Connelly (House of Sand and Fog), Scarlett Johansson (Girl With a Pearl Earring), Nicole Kidman (Cold Mountain), Charlize Theron (Monster), and Uma Thurman (Kill Bill: Volume I)

Best Supporting Actor - Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King), Chris Cooper (Seabiscuit), Albert Finney (Big Fish), Tim Robbins (Mystic River), and Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai)

Best Supporting Actress - Ellen DeGeneres (Finding Nemo), Scarlett Johansson (Lost in Translation), Jessica Lange (Big Fish), Laura Linney (Mystic River), and Renée Zellweger (Cold Mountain)

Best Director - Sofia Coppola (Lost in Translation), Clint Eastwood (Mystic River), Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King), Anthony Minghella (Cold Mountain), and Edward Zwick (The Last Samurai)

Best Screenplay - The Last Samurai (John Logan), Lost in Translation (Sofia Coppola), Love Actually (Richard Curtis), American Splendor (Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini), and Mystic River (Brian Helgeland)

These are the only ones I have a strong feeling for.

John la Rock
06-21-2004, 06:33 PM
how can Ellen DeGeneres be nominated for best supporting actress when she played a cartoon fish?

loopydate
06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
how can Ellen DeGeneres be nominated for best supporting actress when she played a cartoon fish?
Because she gave one of the more entertaining performances of the year, even though she was just a voice.

The same question can be asked of any character. "How can Johnny Depp be nominated for Best Actor when he played a cartoony pirate?" It's not what they play, it's how they play. And Ellen gave a hell of a performance. Hence, she's nominated.

#1-norm-fan
06-21-2004, 08:09 PM
My nominees...

Best Picture: The Cooler, Old School, Lost In Translation, School of Rock, Matchstick Men

Best Actor: Bill Murray (Lost In Translation), Nicholas Cage (Matchstick Men), The Rock (The Rundown), Jack Black (School of Rock), John Cusack (Identity)

Best Actress: Scarlett Johanson (Lost In Translation), Charlize Theron (Monster), Maria Bello (The Cooler)

Best Supporting Actor: Alec Baldwin (The Cooler), Sam Rockwell (Matchstick Men), Vince Vaughn (Old School)

Best Supporting Actress: Allison Loman (Matchstick Men), Renee Zelwegger (Cold Mountain)

Best Director: Sofia Coppola (Lost In Translation), Wayne Kramer (The Cooler), Ridley Scott (Matchstick Men)

Best Screenplay: The Cooler, Matchstick Men, American Wedding

Best Animated Picture: Finding Nemo, Brother Bear

Best Song: "A Kiss At The End of The Rainbow" (A Mighty Wind)

I didn't see enough movies last year :-\

#1-norm-fan
06-22-2004, 04:40 AM
Feel free to post multiple nominees like Loopy and me, people.

#1-norm-fan
06-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Alright, if no one else posts more nominees, I'm gonna make up the ballot tomorrow night. It will be tainted though. :o