PDA

View Full Version : Announcement about TNA 2 year anniversery PPV. (X-division)

Amaroqwolf
06-22-2004, 01:29 AM
06.21.04 | KID KASH VS AJ STYLES ANNOUNCEMENT

TNA has been informed that Kid Kash has suffered a broken fibula. Kid Kash has made it very clear that he wants to compete at the 2 Year Anniversary Show for the X-Division Title.

Unfortunately without medical clearance, TNA officials would not release Kid Kash to wrestle this coming Wednesday. Officials also told Kash that he would in fact; receive his shot at the title as soon as he has medical clearance to come back.

AJ STYLES STATEMENT

I have been informed that Kid Kash will not be able to compete at the Anniversary Show for the X-Division Title. He will receive his shot when he is healthy and I will be more than happy to comply when the time is right.

Now I have a dilemma. My fans are going to pay to see me defend the X-Division Title on the 2 Year Anniversary Show and that's exactly what they are going to get. I will not take the night off. AJ Styles is a fighting champion and I will be there on Wednesday.

Having said that, I am officially announcing an open challenge to anyone, anywhere to come and face me for the X-Title. The X Division is not about weight limits, it's about no limits. I will not be limited on who my opponent will be. Anyone in the world can come and face the Phenomenal One and I will be waiting in my ring.

AJ Styles

http://www.nwatna.com/news/2004/6/21/news.html

Shaggy
06-22-2004, 09:05 AM
***gets ready to head down there and challenge the Phenomenal One***

The Mackem
06-22-2004, 09:17 AM
Man I'm way behind on TNA, AJ Styles is in the main championship picture over here at the moment, sort of.

It better not be Lex Luger who challenges AJ Styles :mad:

Wildcat789
06-22-2004, 01:17 PM
STING! :love:

Corkscrewed
06-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior!!!! :shifty:

James Steele
06-22-2004, 02:14 PM
SEAN WALTMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

asphyXy
06-22-2004, 02:17 PM
<font color=969696>Wow, that sucks. Kid Kash is awesome. Maybe they'll give Kazarian his rematch.

...or maybe they'll bring in Kanyon.

Kanyon debuting against Styles in an X Division title match = :y:</font>

loopydate
06-22-2004, 02:39 PM
I have a feeling it'll be either Kazarian or somebody like Chris Daniels or Low Ki.

Maybe they'll shock the world and bring in...Chavo Classic!

Sepholio
06-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Got this off of Wrestleview.com:

The current word going around on the mystery challenger for AJ Styles' X-Division championship tomorrow at the NWA: TNA Second Anniversary show will be former WWE Hardcore, Intercontinental, and Tag Team Champion, Jeff Hardy.

TNA is advertising that the challenger is a "major player" who is not on the TNA roster.

Jim Ross expressed interest in re-signing Jeff Hardy several months ago on a broadcast of WWE Byte This! He said that it would be one of the last major things he would do as head of WWE's Talent Relations department.

Jeff Hardy has made a few appearances at independent wrestling shows, most notably at a Ring of Honor show, Death Before Dishonor, last July. Hardy was released by the WWE in 2002 and this would be his first appearance on a national level.

It looks as though at this point his appearance will only be a one shot deal with TNA. He is only booked for this weeks PPV and not at the Impact! tapings in Orlando.

Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com

HeartBreakMan2k
06-23-2004, 02:00 AM
lol @ Jeff's RoH show. If anyone saw that match, you know what I'm talking about. :D

Amaroqwolf
06-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Geeze, great..must not let my sister on till after the PPV Tommarow night

Kazara
06-23-2004, 03:56 AM
I saw his RoH show.

**** YOU, HAR-DY!

WE WANT MATT!

YOU GOT FIRED!

Plus, the match sucked, too.

I feel SO Sorry, for Joey Matthews.

asphyXy
06-23-2004, 04:01 AM
<font color=969696>Let's hope he doesn't make AJ look less than phenominal.</font>

Sting Fan
06-23-2004, 05:23 AM
It could be good i think if Jeff works hard i think AJ is the kind of guy Jeff could pull off a good match with but personaly i hope they make it a ladder match and just watch the bodys fly. I mean come on who here wouldnt mark out for a styles clash of the ladder?

Mr. JL
06-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I do not want to see ROH VerSioN TWWWWWWWWoooo UHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Jeff Hardy better be on his game. Otherwise all my preaching on here about him will have to be buried. Right after his match at Invasion with RVD Jeff Hardy has never been quite the same. Or it was when he won the Intercontinental Championship. Then he was buried 6 days later by Triple H. The worst part of it was you never even got to see the pinfall because the camera's were pointed on Austin/Matt Hardy/Lita. Then the cameras just fly back to the ring and Triple H is IC Champ once again.

Ferocious
06-23-2004, 03:29 PM
I'd piss my self if evil doink turned up and whoopee cushioned his ass.

James Steele
06-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Triple H got Hardy hooked on drugs! :shifty:

It always starts out with antidepressants and then it just gets 2Xtreme :shifty: