PDA

View Full Version : Just went to the Harleyfest concert

RGWhat316
06-22-2004, 04:50 AM
I just saw the Harleyfest concert here in Sterling Heights, MI and had a good time. Bands that were on the main stage were Dirty Americans, Thousand Foot Krutch, Tantric, Trapt, and Clutch. Smile Empty Soul was also scheduled but cancelled, heard that they were stuck in NY.

I got there in time to see Thousand Foot Krutch and I really enjoyed those guys. The most popular song they have out right now is "Rawkfist". The lead singer put the mic to the minimal crowd at the time so they could sing part of the chorus, but I was one of the few people who actually knew the words to the song.

Tantric and Trapt were also great live. Even songs I don't like as much from them just sound so much better live. The lead singer of Tantric is from this area, so he would say numerous times "Detroit Basketball". Trapt ruled as well. Since they saved "Headstrong" for last, they got the whole crowd singing that along.

I really haven't listened to too much of Clutch, so I didn't stay for the whole set, but they were popular with everyone else. But they also sounded good live.