PDA

View Full Version : Taking breaks from watching wrestling

Head
06-26-2004, 01:36 PM
I've been thinking lately, and it seems to me that the reason a lot of people seem not to enjoy the show as much today as they may have years ago is because wrestling really isn't somthing that is meant to be watched for years straight, it just gets too repetitive, and people stop enjoying it.

It seems to me that the problem if somebody stopped watching for a year or two, then began watching again, a new freshness may be added to the product, and it may not seem as stale and boring.

I really havn't watched much wrestling at all lately, and when I do turn it on, I notice that I get more into it than I usually do.

Now don't get me wrong, the product of today is complete and utter shit compared to 6 or 7 years ago, but I also think a big part of the problem may just be that wrestling is best in smaller doses.

Savio
06-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Wrestling should have an off season...like football.

Wildcat789
06-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Savior, if storylines and gimmicks didn't exist, then that'd be fine. Like, if there was no Sport's Entertainment part of the business, then an off season could work. But how can guys save hatred for each other for like 3-4 months and then like re-kindle their will to beat the fuck out of another guy for a belt.

But yeah, taking a break is a good idea. The product isn't as good as it was back in like 2000.

Savio
06-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Not for 3-4 months just like 1 or 2 Take out Backlash and Judgement day.

Mr. JL
06-26-2004, 06:48 PM
All that really matters these days anyways is January (Royal Rumble) to March (Wrestle Mania). That seems to be the only point in which the creative and writing team part of the business actually put their minds to a half assed work. Thats when wrestling is at its best and would probally create a special effect that would have fans tuning in large capacities and make for BIG ratings...... maybe

Mayo
06-26-2004, 08:24 PM
This seems like a half decent idea, but like Wildcat789 said, it would be hard to tie up all of the loose ends that exist in the feuds. Maybe somehow all of the feuds could be ended in the week before Wrestlemania for more lower card guys, and the bigger feuds could all be ended at Wrestlemania. They could take one or two months off, and let the wrestlers relax, spend time with their families, and recover from their injuries. Having this kind of offseason would really make the fans look forward to wrestling when it starts again, in the same manner that I look forward to the NHL when it starts up again in October.

However, Vince wants to make the big bucks, and he would never stand for an idea like this, especially since he is adding even more PPV's to increase profits. We can all dream, right?