PDA

View Full Version : Why did AJ Styles leave the WWE?

John la Rock
06-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Why did he go? Did he get released?

What happened?

The Mackem
06-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I've only seen one match of his in the WWE and that was against Hurricane on one of those crappy TV shows, Metal or whatever it was called. Downloaded it off Funky Fly. Funky Fly is the man :cool:

Savio
06-26-2004, 05:42 PM
What was he called?

The Mackem
06-26-2004, 05:43 PM
In the match I saw he was called AJ Styles.

John la Rock
06-26-2004, 06:01 PM
I've only seen one match of his in the WWE and that was against Hurricane on one of those crappy TV shows, Metal or whatever it was called. Downloaded it off Funky Fly. Funky Fly is the man :cool:

ya I saw that match too. That's why I'm asking

The Mackem
06-26-2004, 06:44 PM
I think that might have been a trial that he had, like other people have had from time to time.

mitch_h
06-26-2004, 06:54 PM
I think he was offered a developmental deal... however he felt he could earn more by working the indys... or what the WWE was offering him was not enough. So he could support his wife through college. I don't know if thats 100% true though.

KayfabeMan
06-28-2004, 01:52 AM
I think he was offered a developmental deal... however he felt he could earn more by working the indys... or what the WWE was offering him was not enough. So he could support his wife through college. I don't know if thats 100% true though.

Yep.

He was offered $500 a week from WWE to go to Ohio to HWA,and
he turned it down because financially it wasn't reasonable or poss-
ible for him in his situation.

He'd have to relocate to OH on his own,with his family,and then if
he could even find one - probably get a 9 to 5 there to pay all of
the bills.

If a person's situationn were different,it'd be a fairly OK deal. With
the picking up and moving on your own (and no guarantee - you'd
be able to be dropped within a week even), it's too risky for most.

Shaggy
06-29-2004, 06:51 PM
I think that maybe at that time when he was trying out in the WWE that he wasnt really all together like he is right now. I just watched the Styles Hurricane match which was the only one I could find and noticed he really didnt get a good chance to do anything or impress the guys up stairs. It was a good match but I have to say that with the way he is in TNA now that I am happy he didnt go to WWE. Thanks to him TNA is growing bigger and bigger.