PDA

View Full Version : A Year Later: Split PPV's

James Steele
06-27-2004, 01:54 AM
We are over a year removed from the beginning of the brand-exclusive PPV's.

My question to you is, Has it made WWE better, worse, meh?

Loose Cannon
06-27-2004, 01:57 AM
I think it has made them better. It's just a matter of them fixing Smackdown up a little. I love the seperate PPV thing, because it seems special on those 4 PPV's a year when the brands come together. I love the interaction between the brands on those PPV's and they are used to set up storylines between the brands which is very cool. We get to see a lot more wrestlers now getting pushes then what we had 2 years ago or so.

Hired Hitman
06-27-2004, 02:34 AM
I think it has made them better. It's just a matter of them fixing Smackdown up a little. I love the seperate PPV thing, because it seems special on those 4 PPV's a year when the brands come together. I love the interaction between the brands on those PPV's and they are used to set up storylines between the brands which is very cool. We get to see a lot more wrestlers now getting pushes then what we had 2 years ago or so.

Goldbird
06-27-2004, 03:24 AM
...hitman...

:shifty:

Mayo
06-27-2004, 03:30 AM
So now Hired Hitman is playing shadow with Loose Cannon?

I agree wholeheartedly with what they both said. I think that the brand split itself was a great idea, and the split PPV's also work quite well. One thing that they are changing is the two month gap in between PPV's that happens when there is no interpromotional event. Not having a PPV on either Raw or Smackdown allows much more time to build up feuds, but the payoff better be quite good at the next PPV, or fans will be left rather disappointed. They have the GAB this Sunday, and Bad Blood was only two weeks ago, so they are heading in the right direction. Fans will have to cough up more money to watch them, limit their choices of PPV's, or get them for free like in the UK (lucky pricks). In the long run, I think that the split PPV's will make the WWE better.

Savio
06-27-2004, 04:41 AM
No because we get one of 2 things HHH vs somebody or Main-event vs midcarder
-----------------------------
If Smackdown had Kane and Jericho it'd be much better

tucsonspeed6
06-27-2004, 01:02 PM
If Smackdown had Kane and Jericho it'd be much better

I have to admit, I've been spoiled with Raw having all of the good wrestlers. Smackdown would be wonderful if they had some bigger names....and better writing.

The bigger names thing can be fixed. Jericho continues his feud with christian, but this time it heats up even greater than before. Jericho finishes his feud with Tomko quickly into the first or second week in the month by "injuring" him through repeated submissions, and without a problem solver, Christian is defensless against Jericho's wrath. The remaining weeks are spent with Jericho and Christian constantly one upping each other. First Christian gives Jericho a one man conchairto. THen Jericho kidnaps Trish and drives her down to the local redlight district, claiming to be driving her home, and leaves her there.

Then Trish and Christian start having "problems" that can't be fixed with a problem solver. THey start fighting. Next thing you know Trish is standing at the door of Jericho's lockerroom crying. She explains that she was a fool for trusting an assclown like Christian and that they broke things off. She didn't know who to turn to, so she came to the only guy who treated her like a person and not an object. Jericho forgives her for turning on him, and the two come up with a plan to get christian.

Bischoff hears about this war going on between the two guys and invites them to his office for a meeting. He tells them that they'll be able to end their feud once and for all at the next PPV, in some sort of gimmick match: Loser gets fired and a restraining order.

At the PPV of course, Trish tells Jericho that she needs to tell him something, but she says it right before the match starts, so Jericho tells her to wait for the end of the match. She frowns, but agrees. In the match, Jericho beats christian down for a while when Trish comes out to the ring. Jericho asks her what she's doing, and she climbs in the ring and kisses Jericho...the message she wanted to give him before the match. Unfortunately, standing behind Jericho is Christian holding a steel chair. Trish smiles an evil, yet halfhearted smile when Christian smashes the chair over Jericho's head. (Apparently the whole thing was a setup, but when she kissed Jericho again, she remembered why she liked him in the first place.) Jericho gets pinned and moves to Smackdown. And we have a continuation of the storyline on Raw (Perhaps Trish, now confused about her love life truley becomes a slut and is seen hanging around with more guys than just Christian, particularly Tomko. The story could go anywhere from there.)

As for Jericho on Smackdown....Let Eddie hold the title for a couple months. Then have him job to Taker. Taker holds for a rematch (gimmick), then maybe another month against Cena, then have him job to Jericho. Simple enough. Both shows get better.

Favre4Ever
06-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Smackdown! simply just has less big names to tune into than RAW does. And thats big. If you'll notice, even before the second brand draft, ratings started going down for Smackdown! If you look back, it all stated when....Chris Benoit won the RR and moved to RAW. BAHGAWDBENOIT=RATINGSDAMNSHAMEBBQSAUCE