PDA

View Full Version : Everyone salute the new WWE Champion....

I-Hate-You
06-28-2004, 12:02 AM
John Bradshaw Layfield

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8898/Bradshaw.gif

Rock Bottom
06-28-2004, 12:04 AM
I think when your parents had sex and your father shot his wad, that the sperm that fertilized you somehow bumped its head or something

Shawn Mega
06-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I got my wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The internet made him bigger than he's really is.IS YOUR GUYS FAULT!!!!

Eddie was getting boring anyway.

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 12:05 AM
lol, is that your way of saluting the champ RB?

Xero
06-28-2004, 12:06 AM
My god, I didnt know he was THAT enthusiastic with the salute...

I-Hate-You
06-28-2004, 12:06 AM
I think when your parents had sex and your father shot his wad, that the sperm that fertilized you somehow bumped its head or something
Whatever.

I just wanted to show everyone this animated gif I found.

KingofOldSchool
06-28-2004, 12:07 AM
LOL

That's HI-larious!

Rock Bottom
06-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Nah, that's my way of appreciating the spoiler in the subject title for those people who like to browse the forum spoiler-free.

Mr. JL
06-28-2004, 12:16 AM
NO ONE WATCH SMACK DOWN THIS WEEK OR YOU WILL PAY WITH A JBL TITLE RUN FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS

Blue Demon
06-28-2004, 12:18 AM
that's a load of bullshit :mad:

Edge
06-28-2004, 12:30 AM

Stupied little asshole. You know very little about wrestleing.

Edge
06-28-2004, 12:32 AM
that's a load of bullshit :mad:

:yes:

Gone Mad
06-28-2004, 01:02 AM
With Bradshaw as champ,for some reason I will only think of him with the Darth Vader theme anytime he comes out or just reading this thread alone with the help of that salute. Then again,that insulting what's left of the already insulted Star Wars Series.

Splaya
06-28-2004, 01:08 AM
I am so watching Smackdown on Thursday. Cause I think it will be interesting. SD does not have another PPV till SS. And that means will Eddie win it back on Thurs, or do they trust JBL to take them to the promised land till Eddie or Taker win it back at SS

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2004, 01:08 AM
WTF... THAT'S WHAT HE DID!?!? It's obvious to me he's just doing his impression of a Rockette!

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2004, 01:09 AM
OMG LOL Look at his legs :lol:

Funky Fly
06-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Well, that frees up my Thursday night.

DaveWadding
06-28-2004, 01:40 AM
ZEIG HEIL

Mr. Nerfect
06-28-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm siding with the minority here and say that when wrestling was doing its best was when the big face (Stone Cold) wasn't Champion, but when he was gteeing screwed out of it again and again. I can see Bradshaw and Undertaker being the two heels that Kurt Angle uses to keep Eddie Guerrero away from the title. I can seriously see wrestling re-reach its peak if the unstoppable Eddie Guerrero feuds with the invincible Undertaker. JBL can play the secondary heel that's always in the picture, in case there's an emergeancy or something.

foodstampchamp
06-28-2004, 02:09 AM
I would like to take the time to announce that I will never watch WWE again. I haven't watched Raw or smackdown in roughly two months. I can no longer bear the fact that someone who has absolutely NOTHING to offer in the wrestling business has now held a title that people like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels , Bruno sammartino, and Bob Backlund have made mean something. People like Paul London and Nunzio will never be given their do and I have lost all hope. I am sick and tired of seeing piss matches with people who are 6'5 and move like my fucking grandmother. With this I say that I vow to NEVER watch WWE programming again. Monday nights shall now be occupied with my ROH dvds/tapes.

Funky Fly
06-28-2004, 02:28 AM
I'm siding with the minority here and say that when wrestling was doing its best was when the big face (Stone Cold) wasn't Champion, but when he was gteeing screwed out of it again and again. I can see Bradshaw and Undertaker being the two heels that Kurt Angle uses to keep Eddie Guerrero away from the title. I can seriously see wrestling re-reach its peak if the unstoppable Eddie Guerrero feuds with the invincible Undertaker. JBL can play the secondary heel that's always in the picture, in case there's an emergeancy or something.
I don't mind if the face isn't the champion. I JUST CANNOT ACCEPT A PIECE OF CRAP WRESTLER WITH LITTLE WRESTLING ABILITY AS CHAMP.

foodstampchamp
06-28-2004, 02:29 AM
I don't mind if the face isn't the champion. I JUST CANNOT ACCEPT A PIECE OF CRAP WRESTLER WITH LITTLE WRESTLING ABILITY AS CHAMP.

Little wrestling ability ... Try NO Wrestling ability. He is similar to a sleeping pill while in the ring. I'd prefer a Hogan match over anything he has ever done.

Nowhere Man
06-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Well, it could always be worse. I mean, they could have picked....ummmm....lemme think about it.....

Actually, no, it couldn't really be worse.

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2004, 03:04 AM
A-Train

Pegasus Crawford
06-28-2004, 03:09 AM
Sieg Bradshaw?

FourFifty
06-28-2004, 03:11 AM
:rofl: + :shifty: + :n: + :nono: + :mad: + :roll: =My thoughts on JBL as champion.

Mr. Nerfect
06-28-2004, 03:18 AM

But which heel with wrestling ability can win the title and look unstoppable with it?

I really think wrestling is changing past who is the best mat technician, or who is the best eye candy in the ring to who is the most markettable and who has the best character. Vince McMahon can run a much better organisation than me, so I can't really comment, but I too don't think JBL is that good in the ring. I guess being able to deliver a better clothesline and get more heat than a good wrestler makes you Championship material these days.

Nowhere Man
06-28-2004, 03:44 AM
A-Train

Nah. A-Train's an ape, but he's still not on Bradshaw's level of suckitude. That, and he's most likely not going to get the company blackballed from an entire country any time soon.

I-Hate-You
06-28-2004, 03:54 AM
There's a website that celebrates Albert Day once a year.

Nowhere Man
06-28-2004, 04:02 AM
What day is that, exactly? I've been looking for a good excuse to drag my old gorilla costume out of the closet.

Triple A
06-28-2004, 04:04 AM
john said this match would be more brutal than JD?!!! kinda disapointed after john one over a bullshit rule

#1-norm-fan
06-28-2004, 04:06 AM
Nah. A-Train's an ape, but he's still not on Bradshaw's level of suckitude. That, and he's most likely not going to get the company blackballed from an entire country any time soon.

Okay come on... I know everyone hates JBL a little extra tonight but saying he's worse than A-Train is insane. Not only is Bradshaw a much better wrestler, A-Train has no charisma and can't approach Bradshaw promo-wise.

I-Hate-You
06-28-2004, 04:15 AM
What day is that, exactly? I've been looking for a good excuse to drag my old gorilla costume out of the closet.
It's today actually.

Eunos
06-28-2004, 05:01 AM
Oh shit.. This is unnaceptable.

Its not like theres a lack of talent now is there.

Ill watch smackdown again when that belt is round somebodys waste who deserves it.

06-28-2004, 11:23 AM

Have you ever heard the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face"?

Dazz
06-28-2004, 11:33 AM
In England the PPV was on at 1am, people have to be up early and therefor are yet to have seen the PPV. I for one am not watching it until this evening, you are a dickhead, I hate you.

Xero
06-28-2004, 11:36 AM
But which heel with wrestling ability can win the title and look unstoppable with it?
Undertaker, Angle, and Booker to name a few... If you mean unstoppable as in Monster unstoppable, Undertaker or even Big Show (If he's still on SD)...

Dazz
06-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Justin Bradshaw Layfield

His name is John.

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Stupied little asshole. You know very little about wrestleing.
Although this is true, you should not be the person to let him know about it. For the simple reason that you cannot spell wrestling.

Corkscrewed
06-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Right about now, Hunter fucking a corpse is looking extremely entertaining. *cries*

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 12:20 PM
This is complete bullshit, You all have to admit Bradshaw has been better than expected in this feud. He has completely beaten all expectation. I'm not saying that he will make a better champ than Eddie, quite frankly he won't. But Eddie has had his run, it is time to try something new. It's not like Eddie is never going to be champ again.

LMAO at all the people saying they are 'never' watching WWE again. You'll all be tuned into Smackdown on Thursday, and Raw tonight.

This title change in itself will make Smackdown interesting this week, Not to mention the Taker/Dudleys/Heyman thing.

Anyone who isn't watching on the basis on Bradshaw being champion, Is a Hypocrite.

Shawn Mega
06-28-2004, 12:26 PM
It was the best business move for Smackdown. He is the most hated man ever.Good heat or Bad heat,it don't matter.People will boo the person anyway.

JBL IS A GREAT TALKER.

The Bullrope match was very good. I personally don't care about 4 or 5 star matches.Give me *** material and am happy.

Eddie was weak and you guys know it.He was slipping and was no leader.

I doubt you guys will stop watching.Too only watch the overrated Raw is not fun.

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 12:35 PM
It was the best business move for Smackdown. He is the most hated man ever.Good heat or Bad heat,it don't matter.People will boo the person anyway.

JBL IS A GREAT TALKER.

The Bullrope match was very good. I personally don't care about 4 or 5 star matches.Give me *** material and am happy.

I doubt you guys will stop watching.Too only watch the overrated Raw is not fun.
I just said that, Sheep. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Corkscrewed
06-28-2004, 12:36 PM

JBL IS A GREAT TALKER.

Ok Dark Kane, we get it.

I-Hate-You
06-28-2004, 12:48 PM
In England the PPV was on at 1am, people have to be up early and therefor are yet to have seen the PPV. I for one am not watching it until this evening, you are a dickhead, I hate you.
No spoiler for you.

Dazz
06-28-2004, 12:51 PM
What the fuck do you mean no spoler for me, WWE Champion is in the title, it is a spoiler you dick.

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 12:51 PM
lol, no spoiler for you. wtf?

Dazz
06-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one not to understand that LC, P.S Czech's looked dodgy in the first half, but Pborsky's pass for Baros' first goal if by far the pass of the tournament. beautiful, three excellent goals.

Blue Demon
06-28-2004, 12:54 PM
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2004/1088423396.shtml

Well, so much for any concern by Vince McMahon regarding any public relations issues regarding John Layfield.

Last night, WWE went ahead with what one would assume were existing long-term plans...and incomprehensibly went ahead and rewarded John Layfield for creating a PR nightmare via doing a Nazi salute and goosestepping in Munich, Germany by putting the WWE World Title on him at the Great American Bash last night in Norfolk, VA in a bullrope match (done in the fashion of a Russian chain match with the winner touching 4 turnbuckles).

In a Dusty finish, Guerrero had been awarded the match, but Kurt Angle came out and demanded a video replay, which showed Layfield's shoulder touching the last turnbuckle a millisecond, and Layfield thus had the belt put on him. The finish killed the live crowd for the main event, the Undertaker "Cement Crypt" match against the Dudleys. The vast majority of the crowd literally sat on their hands for the rest of the evening.

Previous to last night's events, I'd been getting a few people who, believe it or not, have attempted to defend John Layfield's actions in Munich, asking me if I know that:

<LI>John "Bradshaw" Layfield is a wrestling character, and "Bradshaw" isn't who John Layfield really is.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I also know about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, too.

Now...although the argument is always made that the best characters in wrestling take a part of a real-life individual's own personality.

Does that make Layfield a Nazi? Of course not. But it does mean that he did something very stupid, and particularly so given where and when he did it.

I think that the issue most people have, after the fact of Layfield's having done it in the first place, is that he hasn't had the sense, nor has WWE, to apologize for making the mistake. Worse still, he's been creative with the truth concerning it and people's response to it.

<LI>The numerous newspapers (as well as wrestling sites) who've discussed his incident in Munich aren't correct that what he did is considered illegal....because John Layfield tells them so.

German law does NOT protect the use of such symbols as "artistic expression" if the presentation does not "educate anyone" and "might endanger public safety".

German law goes so far as to require such things as a World War II video game depicting the SS troops of the time are required to submit different graphic depictions for the "SS" symbol within the game as found here (http://www.warfarehq.com/interviews/cmbb_eu_release.shtml) (and this is just one of many that have had to do this in Germany). Video games certainly would be termed a form of entertainment.

Somehow, I think it'd be pretty safe to bet that John Layfield using such a salute to get crowd heat doesn't exactly rate as "educational". Whether or not it "might endanger public safety" can be interpreted differently by different people, although for a crowd not expecting such a salute and goose-stepping, as opposed to a crowd watching a historical drama, which would reasonably expect depictions of such behavior, one could make the argument that it could create such reactions.

German law is so restrictive on the depiction of Nazi symbolism that Germans cannot legally purchase nor can they publish copies of Mein Kampf, nor publish/distribute pro-Nazi literature of any kind. They cannot watch Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph of the Will", a classic documentary/propaganda piece of the Hitler era (which I've seen myself) in a public theatre, nor march publicly in Nazi regalia (including vintage jackboots and SS helmets).

There is apparently an argument among German legal scholars suggesting that the cases in which these laws are actually enforced are decided by whether or not the depiction of such symbolic speech is propagandistic in intent, as opposed to not being so. No one in their right mind suggests that Layfield was trying to encourage the fans to become Nazis...which may be what kept him and WWE from having to deal with legal issues.

Then there are Layfield's own arguments that what he did was protected speech, cited in his column on WWE.com, among which are:

“'Hogan’s Heroes' (a TV comedy set in Germany during World War II) would be allowed to air there because they are entertainment."

Hogan's Heroes did air in Germany. But the "Seig Heil" references by Colonel Klink or Sergeant Schultz were dubbed over. This was taken to such a point of absurdity that when Klink, And Schultz raised their arms and said "Heil Hitler" in the original version, the dubbed German version would sometimes have them saying something ridiculous, such as "the wheat grows this high" cited in this (http://www.informationgenius.com/encyclopedia/h/ho/hogan_s_heroes.html) article.

I find it interested that in the same article that John Layfield complains that sportswriters and online wrestling writers are trying to censor him, he says the following: "...We have a great country, but we have some real idiots who should just shut up, Michael Moore being one of them. Spend some of your time talking about the good things that our armed forces are doing."

Now I respect that honest people can disagree about Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11, understandable with such a politically charged documentary; but for Layfield to suggest that someone that HE doesn't agree with ought to just "shut up"...just shows that it's a matter of whose ox is being gored here...not some defense of his right to free speech. He wants the right to free speech, but doesn't seem to want Moore to have the same right that he asks for.

Despite what some people wrote to me, I didn't suggest that Layfield ought to be fired by WWE. Nor did I suggest that CNBC ought to fire him. But the lack of any apology by Layfield...and the fact that WWE had an apology posted on its website for only so long as to attempt to keep Layfield's CNBC job (and then pulled it)...shows that WWE and Layfield still have to realize that what he said and did was offensive to many people.

Not to mention that putting the WWE Title on him was the wrong thing to do...as now the individual nominally representing one of WWE's two "brands" has been seen by tens of thousands of people worldwide giving people in the birthplace of Hitler's hate machine...a Nazi salute.

Not exactly the best way for people to think about your entertainment company.

Until next time...

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one not to understand that LC, P.S Czech's looked dodgy in the first half, but Pborsky's pass for Baros' first goal if by far the pass of the tournament. beautiful, three excellent goals.

Yeah, that was some good sh**. Milan Baros is the man. I think I may just get a Czech jersey with his name on it. I need a new one anyway.

Dazz
06-28-2004, 01:09 PM
I am going to get a Greek shirt soon enough, and I really hope they beat you because I have always said you wouldn't do anything, sadly, I think you will win.

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 01:20 PM
god, that would suck if we lost to Greece after winning so many national games in a row. I forgot the number they said yesterday, but it tied a record I think.

Anyway, what do you think. The red or white one? I leaning more towards white.

http://www.foxsoccershop.com/shop/product_overview.asp?Sub=True&CategoryID=103&Department=9

Dazz
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I like them both, but I'd got for the white one too, this is going to sound gay, but it goes with more stuff. Plus red reminds me of ManYoo, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I am torn between the blue Greek jersey and the white one, I think I will go for the white one because I have many blue Chelsea shirts and I have recently ordered a blue Boca Juniors shirt. Plus the name and number printing on the back of the Greek white shirts is so much cooler.

foodstampchamp
06-28-2004, 01:49 PM
I guess i'll correct my previous post. I won't say that I'm done watching WWE for good. But I am definitely done watching Smackdown as it has been nothing but a downward spiral for the entire year of 2004.

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 01:59 PM
LMAO at this thread turning into the Clothes Show, Tremendous. :rofl: <---First time I've used this smily I think.

Dazz
06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, this thread has pissed me off because it spolied the main event (IMO this match is more of a main event then the Dudlies match) so I am not botherted how off topic it goes, it should never have been posted.

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
lol, well it started out as football and I turned it into clothes. haha. From now on, if the thread sucks me and Dazz are turning it into a football talk thread. No Wrestling Mod, fine, there are other ways of dealing with this.

Dazz
06-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah Trips didn't read my thread about a wrestlign mod, maybe he is fed up of reading them the whole time. I think Rob Harvey speaks to Trips online, next tiem I speak to Rob I am going to get him to be a mod again, I hope it works.

Anyways LC, football, my surnames Mantle, I wanna get a Greek shirt with my name on the back, how badass would Mantlepopulas look on the back?

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah Trips didn't read my thread about a wrestlign mod, maybe he is fed up of reading them the whole time. I think Rob Harvey speaks to Trips online, next tiem I speak to Rob I am going to get him to be a mod again, I hope it works.

Anyways LC, football, my surnames Mantle, I wanna get a Greek shirt with my name on the back, how badass would Mantlepopulas look on the back?
In this instance I want an Brazil shirt with Carterinho on the back.

Dazz
06-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah I want a Brazil shirt with Dazmundo on the back and an Italian shirt with Mantello on the back.

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Yeah I want a Brazil shirt with Dazmundo on the back and an Italian shirt with Mantello on the back. I could get a Portugal shirt with Cartriguez on the back ;). Or A German shirt with Carteschmidt

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 02:34 PM

Cool. I still deciding whether or not to put Baroš or my last name, which is Czech, Súchanek. I think I'll go with Baros though, since I already have mine on another jersey.

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Cool. I still deciding whether or not to put Baroš or my last name, which is Czech, Súchanek. I think I'll go with Baros though, since I already have mine on another jersey.
You could also get French shirt with Cannuseaux on the back ;)

Dazz
06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
I could get a Portugal shirt with Cartriguez on the back ;). Or A German shirt with Carteschmidt

lol that is great.

and LC, if you have your name on one alreayd, go for Baros, the guy has been great for you. I only have one Chelsea shirt with my name on it, I don't want another one with it as I'd rather get other players on it. Although as a matter of fact I don't get names on the back anymore becaus eI got Laudrup and he left a month later, Petrescu left the season after I got him, Di Matteo retired two seasons after I got his name on one, so I think if I get Lampard he will leave.

Loose Cannon
06-28-2004, 02:42 PM
You could also get French shirt with Cannuseaux on the back ;)

lol, nah,I would get Henry. ;)

Mr. Nerfect
06-28-2004, 06:44 PM
Undertaker, Angle, and Booker to name a few... If you mean unstoppable as in Monster unstoppable, Undertaker or even Big Show (If he's still on SD)...

Undertaker was a face at the time, and was feuding with Paul Heyman/Dudley Boyz. Angle is not wrestling, and he looks very vulnerable with the title. Booker T would look nothing like an unstoppable Champion. Some people would see it as a fluke if he got it.

Eddie Guerrero has yet to beat JBL (who has more heat than almost every guy on SD! put together (save Angle and Rene Dupree). I can really see the WWE setting this up as a "Stone Cold Chase", and have Eddie pull out all the stops on JBL, until a JBL/Taker match is confirmed at Summerslam or something. Eddie begins feuding with Taker when he wins the title.

Mayo
06-28-2004, 07:29 PM
I could get a Portugal shirt with Cartriguez on the back ;). Or A German shirt with Carteschmidt

That Portugal shirt would be Cartrigues instead of Cartriguez. Using a 'z' at the end of a name is Hispanic, and Portuguese would spell it with an 's' at the end.

(Had to comment since I am of Portuguese descent) :D

Funny stuff though.

Xero
06-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey, I found a letter that proves where Vince got the idea for Bradshaw winning the title!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9494/eugeneletter.jpg

:shifty:

Mayo
06-28-2004, 08:39 PM
If you watch the video clip at the beginning of this thread, a cameraman faints at the end because he knows just how stupid JBL's Nazi salute really was :nono:

Anyways, Eddie has had the title since WM, so he has held it for quite a while. There isn't much great competition for the title on Smackdown, at least not until Vince decides to push guys like RVD and Booker, and until Angle and *gulp* Big Show return. He should have left it on Eddie so that the title wouldn't be thought of as a joke, since Bradshaw has only been pushed for less than three months in his new gimmick. If Vince doesn't come up with something great on Smackdown in the coming weeks concerning the WWE title, then I think JBL as champ is a mistake.

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Eddie had the title before wrestlemania surely?

Mayo
06-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Sorry, he won it a month earlier than WM. I'm bad with details when it comes to PPV's, title changes, etc. :$

Ferocious
06-28-2004, 09:24 PM
It's OK I don't know how Portuguese people spell their surnames ;)

Mayo
06-28-2004, 09:29 PM
It's OK I don't know how Portuguese people spell their surnames ;)

LOL, touche.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ferocious again.