PDA

View Full Version : Roster lottery

SuperSlim
06-30-2004, 11:51 AM
It was a complete and utter waste, mainly for the guys that went to Raw.

The only one that really got to do somethin like nghts afterwards was Shelton. Rhyno drowned and wound up teamin up with Sgt. Slaughter, and I can't even rememebr who else went over.

On SD!, Booker is on the way to bein U.S. Champ eventually. RVD get's close then loses. Dupree is makin waves but that's bout it, and Dudleys become tag champs... big whoop

SO basically get traded to Raw and you become nothin. Get traded to SD! and you are stuck either fightin for the U.S. title or become a Spike Dudley and job to everyone.

Ferocious
06-30-2004, 11:58 AM
I disagree HHH Was traded back to Raw and had a title shot two weeks later.

Doink
06-30-2004, 12:01 PM
more talent should have gone to SD rather than the better one's from there going to RAW

Eunos
06-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Tajiri should definatly have stayed on Smackdown.

He was one of the main Cruiserweight competitors then he was jobbing to Coach. :nono:

Kapoutman
06-30-2004, 01:48 PM
We haven't seen Shelton in a week or two.

DMI
06-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Tajiri should definatly have stayed on Smackdown.

He was one of the main Cruiserweight competitors then he was jobbing to Coach. :nono:
Then he wouldnt be able to hook up with Gail Kim. We saw them leaving together after Raw :naughty:

Savio
06-30-2004, 01:51 PM

The only one that really got to do somethin like nghts afterwards was Shelton. Rhyno drowned and wound up teamin up with Sgt. Slaughter, and I can't even rememebr who else went over.
Tajiri, Paul Heyman, A-train, Edge

Mayo
06-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Dupree got a pretty big push when he went to Smackdown, but now he's been jobbing quite a bit. A-Train is also doing fuck all, as well as Nidia. The main reason for the draft was to get some main event guys on Smackdown like Booker and RVD to replace big losses of Angle, Big Show, and Benoit. I agree that it definitely hasn't worked out very well for either side, although Smackdown got stronger.

ilt_undertaker
06-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Then he wouldnt be able to hook up with Gail Kim. We saw them leaving together after Raw :naughty:

Gail Kim, yuck

Ferocious
06-30-2004, 01:59 PM
^ I agree, Yuck

loopydate
06-30-2004, 02:00 PM
We haven't seen Shelton in a week or two.
Didn't he break his hand?

The Naitch
06-30-2004, 02:01 PM

On SD!, Booker is on the way to bein U.S. Champ eventually. RVD get's close then loses. Dupree is makin waves but that's bout it, and Dudleys become tag champs... big whoop

SO basically get traded to Raw and you become nothin. Get traded to SD! and you are stuck either fightin for the U.S. title or become a Spike Dudley and job to everyone.

Yeah, I was expecting so much. I actually stayed home to watch that RAW. I want those 2 hours of my life back.

All it was was a RAW with SD superstars as guests. Utter bullshit.

Ferocious
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Didn't he break his hand? True Story

Mayo
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
I think Gail Kim is pretty hot :drool:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/gail_kim/gail_kim2.jpg
http://www.impactwrestling.com/gail_kim/gail_kim1.jpg
http://www.tsn.ca/images/stories/20021115/kim_85723.jpg

Oh, and Palumbo also did crap when he went to Raw, although he wasn't doing anything worthwhile on Smackdown.

Savio
06-30-2004, 02:04 PM
He got more tv time on smack down.

ilt_undertaker
06-30-2004, 02:07 PM
I think Gail Kim is pretty hot :drool:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/gail_kim/gail_kim2.jpg
http://www.impactwrestling.com/gail_kim/gail_kim1.jpg
http://www.tsn.ca/images/stories/20021115/kim_85723.jpg

Oh, and Palumbo also did crap when he went to Raw, although he wasn't doing anything worthwhile on Smackdown.

She's pretty ugly, she looks alittle too much like Funaki to me *yuck*

DMI
06-30-2004, 02:09 PM
She has pretty hair. but lets face it.. can Tajari really do much better?

Ferocious
06-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Tajiri would be better off as a Homogay with Akio or Sakoda.

ilt_undertaker
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
She has pretty hair. but lets face it.. can Tajari really do much better?

He had Torrie :shifty:

Mayo
06-30-2004, 02:11 PM
She's pretty ugly, she looks alittle too much like Funaki to me *yuck*

You mean because shes Southeast Asian? :roll:

I'm not too much into Southeast Asian women myself, but she definitely rocks my socks :D

ilt_undertaker
06-30-2004, 02:12 PM
SHE'S UGLY! :p

Ferocious
06-30-2004, 02:12 PM
She ain't as hot as Tia Carrere of Waynesworld fame and she had the same sort of ethnic background.

Mayo
06-30-2004, 02:15 PM
We all have our opinions I guess. From what I hear, people either think shes nasty or really hot. Its all personal preference. Tia Carrere is also very attractive to me, as well as Lucy Liu.

BTW, Ferocious, you wouldn't even get your Brown Wings with Gail Kim? :p

Ferocious
06-30-2004, 02:28 PM
BTW, Ferocious, you wouldn't even get your Brown Wings with Gail Kim? :p
I have them already it's kinda impossible to get them twice ;)

DMI
06-30-2004, 02:33 PM
ew

Lara Emily
06-30-2004, 03:57 PM
SHE'S UGLY! :p
This from someone who harps over Nicole Bass and Chyna :|

ilt_undertaker
06-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Lara leave me alone :(

Corkscrewed
06-30-2004, 04:08 PM

Actually, Gail's dating Doug Basham.

DMI
06-30-2004, 04:13 PM
shes a whore

Lara Emily
06-30-2004, 04:19 PM
Lara leave me alone :(
I was just making a point.

ilt_undertaker
06-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Fine :p

jindrak
06-30-2004, 08:15 PM
I think the draft would be a yearly even and here is why-

1) It allows for the replenishment of each roster-
If a guy isn't getting over, or his gimmick has become too stale, then the change of scenery will only be to his benefit. Think of it as pushing the restart button.

2) It creates a 'special' feel-
The last draft drew great ratings, and for a reason. It showcased ALL of the WWE's talent, and fans knew that particular Raw wouldn't be mundane. Fans EXPECTED to watch something worthwhile and special, and that is what the draft it. If it is a yearly event, that can only add to its attraction.

3) Can feature WWE's superstars of tomorrow-
Just by being the first pick, Dupree got instant recognition. He was pushed, and feuded with WWE's hottest star at the time. Also worth mentioning, Benjamin was treated as a special talent when he arrived, and was hyped by the announcers as being a great talent.

4) Shakes things up.
Change is good, every now and then.

SuperSlim
06-30-2004, 08:45 PM
the only way it would be good is if they actually allow those guys to do somethin.

The only guys out of the whole draft that got to do somethin was SHelton and Paul Heyman.

Heyman got to "quit" and Shelton got two wins over HHH. ANd the Dudleys are still as stale and crappy as they were two years ago. It was hyped up as bein huge and it looked like it would be huge but the after effects are so dull it's almost like it dind't even happen.

I mean when it comes to WWE or somethin I will remmeber and when I can't even remember who all was traded then that is pretty sad.

If they do it again then may it be better otherwise they could put themselves in a lot of trouble.

Aussie Skier
07-01-2004, 05:26 AM
I think the draft has worked out ok...only ok tho

Superslim > To say the Dudley's are still crappy and stale....what do u want to happen? I mean, they have turned heel and have aligned themselves with Paul Heyman and look to be going somewhere. WWE has tried everything with the dudley's and ppl still say they are stale...Wot more can they do? They have turned them face and heel about half a dozen times. They have turned them on each other. Have turned them against Spike Dudley. Have made D-Von a priest or something like that. There isnt much else for them to try. And i dont think they're all that stale anywayz.
Booker T is looking average. I really dislike this character who walks around with his head hung low, feeling sorry for himself. Booker T is so mcuh better as an in your face....face :)
Dupree started off well, but is back to square 1. He REALLY, REALLY needs the US Title.
RVD isnt looking great either. He seems to be moving really slow at the moment, and certainly isnt exciting me as much as he once did.
Spike DUdley...Meh
Rico and Jackie have both livened up the scene

The guys to Raw
A Train has had 1 match that i have seen (against Jericho) where I thought he performed really well in to be honest. He's pretty much the only full-on hoss (big and fat on raw now)
Rhyno - just wish he'd b on more. Even though I thought he was well suited to Smackdown. I think he could b ok on Raw
Shelton - He's been really good! I reckon alot of ppl didnt realise how successful he'd b! Hope it continues once he comes back

Eunos
07-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Lets see

Wrestlers who moved to Raw

Shelton Benjamin - Deinatly got the best deal so far. 2 wins over Triple H and A win over Flair. His very good and i hope we see him with an IC title reign one day.

Edge - The other Wrestler who's move to Raw seems to have paid off. It's obvious they want to push Edge but i think his Injury had delayed him. Though i must say he seems to be abit stale these days.

Rhyno - Hasnt really offered anything which is abit of ashame really.

Tajiri - Ive already said he does not belong on Raw.. WWE if you do another Draft. Do not move anymore Cruiserweights to Raw

Nidia - Seen nothing really..I wouldnt mind seeing her as a Womens championship contender

Paul Heyman - Never Happened
-------------------------------------
Triple H - Payed of a hell of alot

A - Train - Only 1 show so far... But his right where he should be... Of the Telly.

Chuck - I heard this guy was going to get a push... Obviously that never happened.. Will we ever see him on Raw?

Wrestlers who moved to Smackdown

Rene Dupree - His definatly got more character on Smackdown and a Decent Mid card Heel. I hope he does win the US belt one day and maybe in the near future become a Main eventer.

Mark Jindrak - Stuck on velocity. He has the gimmick but he needs to develop personality

Rvd - His pretty much as he was on Raw to be Honest.

Triple H - Kurt Angle didnt want him holding the Smackdown locker down so he sent him back :)

Spike Dudley - I thought his debut match against Chavo was pretty good. His still a Jobber but Spike definatly looks better on Smackdown. It was good to see him get a win over Jamie Noble on Heat before the GAB aswell

Teddy Long - Definatly helping Jindrak at the momment but he is now stuck on Velocity
----------------------------------------

Booker T - Fuck Bradshaw.. I wanted to see Guerro vs Booker at Summerslam.. None the less. Booker is a good Heel for SD

The Dudleys - So So.. Nothing special to be honest.

Rico - Very entertaining though i doubt he'll be pushed anytime soon.

Jackie - Well shes with Charlie Haas.