PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Smackdown! (so far)

Savio
07-01-2004, 02:41 PM
As a reminder, tonight's Main event for Smackdown! will be Spike Dudley getting a shot at JBL's gold.
----------
Wooo

OssMan
07-01-2004, 02:45 PM
that's still considered a spoiler.

Ferocious
07-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Tit why put No spoilers when your giving the matches away.

Corkscrewed
07-01-2004, 02:52 PM
It's advertised in previews maybe?

Anyway, yeah, it doesn't matter. But at least this means I can turn the TV off and get an early crack at tonight's captions!

(this is a new ploy to get only Dudley's on the main events, since they've declared their allegiance to the Fourth Reich)

Savio
07-01-2004, 03:01 PM

Savio
07-01-2004, 08:53 PM

Changed title

ilt_undertaker
07-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Taker isnt on yet :(

Back Stabbed
07-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Stupid rey beating mordy!

Dorkchop
07-01-2004, 10:12 PM
The first match was fantastic. I liked Rey beating Mordecai. I hate John Cena... Well at least I hate his character. Way to let him make racist comments and get cheers, WWE.

Xero
07-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Is it just me or is this Robinson thing to poke fun at fans/crittics who think JBL's action should have had reprocutions?

Back Stabbed
07-01-2004, 10:30 PM
I hate John Cena... Well at least I hate his character. Way to let him make racist comments and get cheers, WWE.
Huh?

Marc the Smark
07-01-2004, 11:19 PM
The Cena thing was awesome! Actually, I think Smackdown was good tonight, and I'm kinda happy Bradshaw won the belt at the ppv. I like Eddie, but it was time for a change.

OssMan
07-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Better Smackdown than usual.

Marc the Smark
07-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Better Smackdown than usual.

:y: I hope they can keep it up.

Mayo
07-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Huh?

I think he is referring to the comments that he made about Kenzo Suzuki when he made fun of him? :?:

The Charles Robinson segment was a big waste of time, and Torrie/Sable II was one rematch that I don't care about. Kenzo Suzuki was pissing me off when he was just yelling in Japanese, and I thought the promo was going to end there, it was a good thing Cena came in. JBL was somewhat amusing acting cocky to all of the fans, but it didn't have the effect that someone like Kurt Angle has when they act the same way. Not a bad Smackdown overall.

Batsu
07-02-2004, 03:39 AM
I didn't hear anything racist from John Cena.

But I heard something HILARIOUS from him... man, just when I think his act as a face is getting really stale, he busts out with the "oooh, the poopoothepoopoothepoopoo..." LOL!!!!! Oh man, that "translation" was classic, especially when it got to the part about Hiroko. That really reminded me of The Rock when he's on a good ad-libbing roll.

Better Smackdown than expected...considering, you know. and yeah, that title match was SCHEISSE. Eddie Guerrero rules now. I think this whole thing makes him seem even more ready for the big time.

The Lone Drinker
07-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Psss.....did you boys hear that? That my friends is the sound of Mordecai's push being killed.

I can't believe they had Mordecai job to Rey last night. His defeat pretty much destroyed his push.

I doubt we will see an Undertaker/Mordecai feud now. Or if we do, it will be one match and the Undertaker will eat him alive. Just like he did to Papa Shango.

Why does Vince torture us? Twice now. He brings some scary guy in that looks like he could be worth buying a PPV for to see him face the Undertaker but he just jobs him away like the Brooklyn Brawler and destroying any credibility he once had.

Mordecai is like Sean O'Haire now. He has become just another victim that comes into the WWE with great promos and a lot of hype but then falls short when it's time to back your words up.

No pun intended either on the "falling short" comment but he fell off a freaking mountain when he lost to Rey Rey.

Joe Kerr
07-02-2004, 11:11 AM
I through my beer bottle cap at the tv when micheal cole said that the undertaker footage was very graphic....am I the only one who didnt think drowning in oatmeal was graphic?

Xero
07-02-2004, 11:32 AM
WWE just fucked over itself with Kenzo... Because if they wanted him as a serious threat, they have just made him into the joke of the month... Just like Tajiri and Funaki, another Japanese tallent down the shitter...

And WHAT... THE... FUCK!? It's bad enough that the Dudley Boyz were in a main event at a PPV, but now we have the Brookly Brawler's bitch Spike Dudley in a SmackDown main event... I'm all for story telling, but for fuck's sake, give the title shot to Mysterio atleast!