PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sports Moment..

Doink
07-03-2004, 06:35 AM
.. ok so we have people favourate sports moments on another thread, im interested to see what the worst things are for you.

it can be anything from seeing a player/person get injured to seeing your team relegated. i want to know what it is you hate to look back on, what sporting moment made you cry etc.

for me it has to be the F.A cup final in 1996, less than 1 minute into the game we give the ball away to some itilian f**kwit called reberto di matteo picked the ball up and had a shot.

everyone was shouting keep your fingers straight ben roberts keep them straight. but no he has to bend his arm and fingers and the ball goes flying over his head and into the net for 1-0 :mad:

after being robbed of 3 points in the league (not that i blame the league or blackburn for this - i blame keith lamb, whenever anything goes wrong at this club he's always there smiling - i fucking hate him) and had already been relegated along with losing in the league cup final.

that was 1 hell of a season, the highs of reaching the cup finals and the lows of losing them and being relegated (and juninho left us that summer :'( tat prob hurt the most but could understand why he left)

then the next season we got to the league cup final again :D but lost to chelsea :( but we did bet promoted and have the absolute pleaseure of waching a player called marco branca play for us :D :foc: robson for not signing him full time.

how about you people whats hurt you the most?

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Probably the Chelsea goal which knocked us out of the Champions' League this last season (I believe it was Bridge). It really felt like this was our year :'(.

Apart from that, Australia's last 2 failures to make the World Cup finals. Losing to Uruguay 3-0 in Montevideo was very hard to watch. Can't say I saw a lot of passion from our boys, but I was half-asleep watching the game at about 2 in the morning.

But 1997 vs Iran was worse. The first leg in Tehran ended 1-1, so back to Melbourne they came. At about 70 minutes in the return leg, Australia was up 2-0. They were literally 20 minutes away from their first World cup appearance in 30 odd years. Then Iran scored twice, going through on away goals :(. They say a 2-0 lead is the worst to defend.

Getting prepared for another campaign, probably gonna end up going down to Sydney/Melbourne to see the qualifier next year. I'd say it'll probably be Uruguay, Paraguay or Argentina, in which case we're screwed again.

Johnny Warren cried on national television that night. It was a pretty sad night for Australian football (soccer).

Skeletor2
07-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle (The 1st time)
The Dalglish/Ruud Gullit Era's in General
England losing to Germany in Euro 96 on penalties.

Doink
07-03-2004, 08:38 AM
lmao as have just pictured keegen slumping over the advertising boards when collymore scored

Skeletor2
07-03-2004, 08:41 AM
:mad: It was more gutting than the 1-0 loss to Man Utd which was actually the pivotal point of our season going belly up. Stupid Asprillia.

DaveWadding
07-03-2004, 08:45 AM
The D'Backs this year
John Paxson's shot in Game 7 93 Finals
Steve Bartman...nuff said.
Adam Vinatieri's winning FG in the 2002 Super Bowl

toxic rooster
07-03-2004, 08:49 AM
lmao as have just pictured keegen slumping over the advertising boards when collymore scored
Saw a special on that game the other day.

Wasn't that great, as Arsenal weren't involved :o.

And Liverpool won :o.

VonErich Lives
07-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Shit, I'm a Red Sox fan... so the list is pretty long, but I'm a bigger pats fan.

Getting crushed by the Bears in the SB stick out.

For the Sox, the ALCS a few years ago where the umps made the bad calls, such as calling a Sox runner out when the tag missed by 3 feet. But I guess the 2 sox that stick out... "Get's by Buckner" and last years ALCS, cause Pedro was left in to long...

I'm sure there are others for me, but those 3 stand out the most.

LK
07-03-2004, 10:41 AM
I was absolutely gutted when Wiltord scored the winner at Old Trafford to win Arsenal the title. Also when Ronaldhino turned us down for Barcelona.

Wengerland
07-03-2004, 10:49 AM
The relegations mainly.

Newcastle 4-3 Leicester (after leading 3-1 with 10 minutes left, the "SHEAREEEEERRRRR" one), Wolves 4-3 Leicester, Middlesbrough 3-3 Leicester from last season and losing the play off final of '93 to Swindow 4-3,having come back from 3-0 down to level.

Doink
07-03-2004, 11:06 AM
, Middlesbrough 3-3 Leicester from last season .

i had to leave when the score was 3-1 to you guys as my lift was pissed and wanted to go. we got to the car and people were shouting it's 3-3 and we were like yeh ok knob jockey fuck off. then someone else said it and we ran back to car to turn radio on and it was true!

i had a similer thing the year before when we played spurs, after about 30mins the game was shit and looked like was going to be a nil all draw, no goal mouth action or nothing. i went for a piss and we'd scored twice :mad:

Wengerland
07-03-2004, 11:12 AM
we were like yeh ok knob jockey fuck off.

LOL

Still, i was going mad after that :'(

Add the 5-0 home loss to Villa to that list actually :$

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-05-2004, 04:47 AM
Boone's homerun just because I don't remember Buckners play

I mean I have seen the video but I was way too young when it 1st happened

Eunos
07-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Michael Schumacher winning a Grand prix

Bad Company
07-05-2004, 05:27 AM
Rugby World Cup, South Africa in 95.
What a crock of shit.

Kapoutman
07-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Stupid Mario Tremblay acting like a dick toward Patrick Roy, leading up to Tremblay leaving Roy in goals for 9 goals against the Red Wings before FINALLY changing goalie, leading to Roy leaving for Colorado and leading to their first Stanley Cup ever. We got Rucinsky, Kovalenko and Thibeault against the best goalie in NHL. :mad:

Also, The Nordiques leaving for Colorado was a sad day for me.

Innovator
07-06-2004, 02:15 AM
NFL Playoffs, January 2003
Giants vs. 49ers

The Miz
07-06-2004, 03:09 PM
1994 NBA Playoffs 1st round Game 5, Sonics vs. Nuggets
2001 MLB ALCS Game 5, Mariners vs. Yankees
1997 Monday Night Football Jets vs. Seahawks