PDA

View Full Version : Last Comic Standing rigged? Also some LCS spoilers.

Champion of Europa
07-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Here is a rather interesting article I read off cringehumor.com:

http://www.cringehumor.net/columns/062604_lcs2.htm

Another little interesting article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04074/284877.stm

As well as a quote from Drew Carey from the above article:

"I don't know how in the world Ant got picked out of these 20 [semifinalists]," Carey said. "The only thing I could think of was that he's gay and would add to the personality mix in the house."

Ant's agent is Barry Katz, one of the shows producers. It all fits.

Here are some probable spoilers I've read:

Elimination 1: Bonnie McFarlane (already happened)

Elimination 2: Todd Glass (already happened)

Elimination 3: Jay London

Elimination 4: Ant

Elimination 5: Corey Holcomb

Last 5 in the house: Kathleen Madigan, John Heffron, Alonzo Bodden, Tammy Pescatelli, and Gary Gulman.

Gary Gulman will win after being challenged many times and winning, as all the women love him.

Ta da!

Jerichoholic
07-03-2004, 03:13 PM
:( Jay london is awesome

Champion of Europa
07-03-2004, 03:26 PM
:( Jay london is awesome

I do agree. :)

Too bad he's going to be eliminated. :(

At least we get to enjoy him on one head to head challenge. :)

Champion of Europa
07-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Another little thing:

When the show began, two of the final 10 had NBC contracts.

And, Buckstar was on the NBC payroll as he is a location scout.

el fregadero
07-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Last season was much better. Until the final five anyway.

soconnor
07-03-2004, 05:14 PM
It's fucking awful, Jay London is fucking awful

The only comedian I loved on the show was Dan Naturman

The Icon of Elisim
07-03-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm missing the show right now cause I'm out of town but I watched the first couple of episodes and the first elimination.

Ant is awful and shouldn't have made it. I really like Gulman and Madigan from what I saw, they seem to have the most material compared to some of the others who seem to be rehashing the same stuff every chance they get.

Shylox
07-03-2004, 09:09 PM
It's fucking awful, Jay London is fucking awful

The only comedian I loved on the show was Dan Naturman
Was he the guy that didn't get picked to go into the house and hten was all pissed off? The guy that talked about getting more attention in jail because of his full lips? If so, yeah he was awesome and he should have been picked.

AareDub
07-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Was he the guy that didn't get picked to go into the house and hten was all pissed off? The guy that talked about getting more attention in jail because of his full lips? If so, yeah he was awesome and he should have been picked.

Yea, he was hilarious. I guess I'm one of the few that likes John Heffron. Last week's set wasn't as impressive as his previous ones, but I loved the bit he did in the earlier shows about writing the Van Halen symbol on his Trapper Keeper. I also enjoy Gary Gulman and Alonzo Bodden though.

Tammy Pescatelli tells the same jokes every time and I hope I don't have to sit through it more than once more.

Champion of Europa
07-04-2004, 12:35 AM
I hate Tammy and Ant. They are too scheming and suck as far as material goes.

VonErich Lives
07-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Wasn't last years also rigged? that the celeb judges has picked like the final 3 and then NBC over-rode a choice and picked someone else and the judges took a hissyfit.

Champion of Europa
07-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Wasn't last years also rigged? that the celeb judges has picked like the final 3 and then NBC over-rode a choice and picked someone else and the judges took a hissyfit.

That sounds oddly like this year. I wouldn't know, I never caught it last year.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 02:41 AM
Wow. Did I just read two people say Jay London is funny? Seriously... he seems like a cool guy and all... but seriously... my god.

That show blows anyway. Dat Phan wasn't even CLOSE to being the funniest guy in the house last year.

el fregadero
07-04-2004, 02:41 AM
I hated Dat Phan with a passion.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 02:43 AM
I watched the show last year and also had the displeasue of watching his comedy central special. Between the two I think I heard 3 ACTUAL jokes. The rest was "My mom talks like this... (Crazy accent)"

el fregadero
07-04-2004, 02:45 AM
I laughed at one thing he said and that was when he made some Jackie Chan pissing joke. Rich Vos or Ralphie May should have won.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 02:47 AM
There was another guy who went head to head with Dat Phan last year who was pretty funny. I forget his name though.

-edit-

Dave Mordal :y:

el fregadero
07-04-2004, 02:50 AM
Dave Mordal?

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 02:50 AM
Yeah. He was pretty funny too.

el fregadero
07-04-2004, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I was outraged when he lost.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 03:14 AM
So were the other comedians judging by the look on their faces after Dat beat him.

Champion of Europa
07-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Another note, these spoilers were posted before the Final 10 were even announced, they even said who the final 10 were (I cut that part out), and so far they have been dead on. So I'm kinda curious how they will turn out.

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 04:14 AM
This show had the possibility to be one of the few great reality shows on TV. Why can't they just leave it the fu</>ck alone!? :rant:

AlphaBean
07-04-2004, 04:21 AM
I think as time goes on, Ant will be thought of as the William Hung of comedy. He's just so annoying and unfunny that it's almost a joke in itself... his constant "Guess what? I'M GAY OMG!" jokes... lol now that I think about it, that's great. When you can just mock the shit out of someone that easily, he's got some comedic value after all, right?

But Tammy, what the fuck. BADA BING! EY STUGATZ, I GOTS MOB TIES, CAPISCHE? :wtf: She can fuck off. SHE isn't in Ant's boat. She's just an italian chick. Whatever.

I think Corey might be the funniest dude on there, it's just... a different type of funny. :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
07-04-2004, 05:02 AM
If anyone, Jay London would become the William Hung of comedy.

Shylox
07-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Dat Phan shouldn't have won. I sort of knew that it was rigged when that whole argument started with the judges at the end of pickinghte final 10. That just messed up the show. :nono:

AlphaBean
07-05-2004, 04:26 AM
:rofl: I love how they edited the "argument" with the judges so that it looked like Drew Carey caught a big steaming load on his chin, and the producer was like "Fuck you," and Drew put his head down and said "yes daddy."

I don't know, I could tell that they edited that bit, too, to make the judges seem like complete morons. Maybe I'm wrong, but come on.

AareDub
07-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Looks like the spoilers are gonna be a bit off this week. It's either Gulman or Ant.

ShaneLobo
07-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Ahhh that was great *whipes tears away* Ant better win that one lord that was hilarouis

ShaneLobo
07-06-2004, 11:03 PM
But Gary wins...

AareDub
07-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Ant was horrible, the chick that got voted off in the first episode was funnier than him. I'm glad to see him go.

el fregadero
07-07-2004, 02:28 AM
He is the reason people hate gays.

el fregadero
07-07-2004, 02:28 AM
NOTE: I do not condone the hatred of homosexuals.

AlphaBean
07-07-2004, 03:32 AM
I think I was the happiest homophobe in America when I heard Ant got TWENTY FIVE PERCENT OF THE VOTES.

:rofl:

Amazing. Couldn't have happened to a bigger drama queen.

Now, his set last night was "cute," but it was not funny. I mean, it was a great... I don't know. It was more situationally funny, however as far as comedy goes... man, those random Oreo bits at the end of Gary's set won it for me. Though I would have picked Buck Star over Ant without a second thought, so I'm a little biased.

Gary should win, ONLY because he purposely bombed, and GOADED ANT into voting him off, and practically orgasmed that he was voted into the final showdown. That was the mark of a man, and funny or not, Gary Gulman heterosexually slapped ANT across the face with his testicles last night.

Three beers for Gary Gulman.

Shylox
07-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Seeing that elimination made me happy. Ant shouldn't have even been picked to live in the house. Sure he had one or two funny moments, but other than those moments he was never really that funny. :-\

Champion of Europa
07-07-2004, 09:53 PM
I missed this week, so I was a little curious of the spoilers were on or not. I'm definitely going to see this one on Saturday. :heart:

From what it sounds like, Gary is the man. I've never seen one of his sets, because I always miss them for some reason, so this should get me acquainted with his humor.

AareDub
07-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Did anybody else see this weeks episode? The showdown was hilarious. Both men had me laughing pretty hard.

For those that missed it, Gary Gulman beat Jay London by something like an 80-20 vote. I admittedly laughed harder at London, but even I would've voted for Gary. Jay London is a very funny man, but I just can't picture watching him do a full set. He makes for a great quick opener or 10 minute act, but by 30 or 45 mins I'd be exhausted with his style of comedy. Gulman was even better this week than he was last week, he's gonna be tough to beat.

AareDub
08-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Well Heffron won it. With those 3 guys in the finals, they couldn't have picked a bad winner. All three of them were pretty awesome.

Did anybody else watch it? I've always hated Dat Phan, and tonight that hatred grew by about x10. He talked about how all the movie roles he's being offered are type casting him as the typical asian guy who always talks in the same accent. The irony of his entire set was PAINFUL!! He spent his whole 30 mins on Comedy Central trying to make people laugh by saying "asian people talk like this..." Now he's complaining about people wanting him to do that for a movie! Sheesh.

LCS 3 has the potential to be really good, however it could backfire and end up sucking really bad. I mean if I have to hear Tammy Pescatelli tell one more peson about how she "shot a pilot" I'm gonna kill somebody. The only thing more worn out than that is Ant's "you didn't need scooby doo.." line. It might be a good idea to wait until mid season to start watching this one. The final 10 has the potential to be awesome with people like Rich Vos, Ralphie May, Gary Gulman, Alonzo Bodden, John Heffron, Dave Mordal, Jay London, etc.