PDA

View Full Version : ***Spoilers for SmackDown***

Blue Demon
07-07-2004, 01:05 AM
If you Don't want it ruined...stop here.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2004/1089171894.shtml

Paul London and Billy Kidman won the Tag Titles in Winnipeg at SD tapings.

Ferocious
07-07-2004, 01:06 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Evil Vito
07-07-2004, 01:08 AM
<font color=goldenrod>YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS</font>

Joe Kerr
07-07-2004, 01:12 AM
That is a big boost for London and Kidman Finally the writing team does something good.

ColdwaVer
07-07-2004, 01:14 AM
*pulls up a turnbuckle, takes a seat and waits for someone to find something to complain about in this*

Joe Kerr
07-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Thanks to PWInsider for these:

Dark Match:

*Carly Colon pinned Wavell Starr

Velocity:

*Rene Dupree pinned Nunzio

*Sakoda pinned Funaki

*Billy Gunn and Bob Holly defeated The Bashams

*Rob Van Dam defeated Mark Jindrak. Rene Dupree did commentary at ringside.

*Josh Matthews interviewed WWE champion John Bradshaw Layfield backstage. Bradshaw said he was going to fight a real champion, "El Luchadore" from Mexico later on tonight.

*Paul London & Billy Kidman defeated The Dudley Boyz to win the WWE Tag Team championships.

*Backstage, the wrestlers congratulated Billy Kidman and Paul London for their title win. The Dudleys came up to Kidman and London and shook their hands.

*Charlie Haas came to the ring to wrestle. Backstage, Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns announced that Haas was suspended for a week, but would face Reigns next week on Smackdown.

*Josh Matthews interviewed Kenzo Suzuki. Hiroki (Suzuki's wife) told the crowd that Suzuki loved the United States to get heat from Canadian fans. It appeared this was for the live crowd.

*WWE United States champion John Cena was rapping about Booker T. Kenzo Suzuki came out and brawled with Cena. Cena got the upper hand. Suzuki was knocked out of the ring. Luther Reigns came to the ring and laid out Cena.

*"El Gran Luchadore" defeated WWE champion John Bradshaw Layfield by countout. Eddie Guerrrero came down to the ring dressed like Luchadore and switched places with him. Guerrero hit the triple suplex combination and did his "Latino Heat" dance. Bradshaw realized it and left the ring, getting counted out.

*Backstage, The Dudleys confronted Spike Dudley and said that even though Spike didn't help them, they wanted to help him. Spike turned them down.

Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble & Akio defeated Spike Dudley & Rey Misterio & Scotty Too Hotty when Noble pinned Dudley. This was said to have been a really good match.

*Paul Heyman did an interview inside the ring, placing the urn down inside the ring and telling The Undertaker (who did not appear) that everything that had happened the last few weeks was the idea of the Dudley Boyz.

*WWE United States champion John Cena pinned Booker T with the FU. Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns came to ringside. Cena accidentally hit Angle with a clothesline after Booker ducked. He then took out Reigns with Angle's cane. After the pin, Reigns attacked Cena and grabbed the US title and walked off. Angle announced that Cena had been warned that if he put his hands on Angle, there would be reprecussions and there are - Angle then announced that Cena was stripped of the United States championship.

After they went off the air, Booker T attacked Cena. Cena chased off Booker T and then did some mic work to send off the live crowd.

Gone Mad
07-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Wow.Finally they got what they deserve. I saw their match with the Dudleys on Velocity with my friends who aren't so interested in wrestling and they were into it, mostly for London and Kidman. You know you are good when you can get the uninterested interested.

Deceit
07-07-2004, 02:23 AM
WOW!

Good stuff for Kidman/London! They finally did do something right :)

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2004, 02:43 AM
LOL WHAT!? I'm excited as hell but this is a SHOCK!

Kidman and London are like... 3 time tag champs on my EWR game already.

Dave Youell
07-07-2004, 04:00 AM
Great stuff, woohoo

just hope they dont job back in a few weeks

Aussie Skier
07-07-2004, 04:24 AM
sweet!!

hope they come down to Australia as tag champs!

KingofOldSchool
07-07-2004, 04:24 AM
Yes.

Bring two guys that havent really been on Smackdown in months, come out of no where and win the WWE Tag Titles. Yeah that's GREAT booking! :-|

Lara Emily
07-07-2004, 04:29 AM
Yes.

Bring two guys that havent really been on Smackdown in months, come out of no where and win the WWE Tag Titles. Yeah that's GREAT booking! :-|
I actually kinda agree. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that they won... mostly. Just that a build up would have done them and the titles better justice.

The Mackem
07-07-2004, 04:33 AM
Smackdown looks good this week.

The One
07-07-2004, 04:39 AM
First they give the WWE Title to JBL....then the Tag Titles to London/Kidman...I really wish I could be inside a meeting room when they talk about it...

"OK...so it's agreed. We give the important title to the fat no talent nazi and then we give the Tag Titles to some incredible talents who havn't been on SmackDown for a while...that way nobody knows what the fu</>ck we're thinking" ;)

Dave Youell
07-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Yes.

Hmm I dissagree, I think sometimes it's good to get wins out of nowhere, it's an instant push that doesn't require the weeks of TV time to get the team over. Plus with all the build up for the GAB and the Dudleys in the match with Taker there wasn't really a chance to get this story in anyways.

Personally I like this

#1-norm-fan
07-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Yeah. I like the whole underdogs winning the titles thing.

Wondermouse
07-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Yes.

Yes, let's completely ignore the fact that they beat them one week earlier!

Did you shit over Shelton over Trips?

The tag titles are next to meaningless, and having them on the Dudley Boys do nothing for them. Kidman and London are underdogs who upset the giants, and it allows them to become fighting champions. This is what they'll do with the CW belt, as well. It gives credibility back to the belt when it's constantly being defended (and kept, most of the time). Rico and Haas were heading that way when Rico got injured.

Tornado
07-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssss

London
London
London!

Dave Youell
07-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Yes, let's completely ignore the fact that they beat them one week earlier!

Did you shit over Shelton over Trips?

The tag titles are next to meaningless, and having them on the Dudley Boys do nothing for them. Kidman and London are underdogs who upset the giants, and it allows them to become fighting champions. This is what they'll do with the CW belt, as well. It gives credibility back to the belt when it's constantly being defended (and kept, most of the time). Rico and Haas were heading that way when Rico got injured.
:y:

targo_the_sho_stopa
07-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I actually kinda agree. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that they won... mostly. Just that a build up would have done them and the titles better justice.

There was a sort of build up cos Kidman/London beat the Dudleyz last week on Velocity by DQ so it will have stemmed from that probably

ColdwaVer
07-07-2004, 10:16 AM
*pulls up a turnbuckle, takes a seat and waits for someone to find something to complain about in this*

*stops clock*

3 hours, 19 minutes.

It's nothing but a good thing that Kidman and London won the tag titles out of nowhere, that way Vince didn't have time to reconsider and change his mind. Honestly, I think the only reason the Dudleyz were given the titles this time was because it was a tag title they had't won yet.

But WTF is up with Cena being stripped of the US title? I imagine that this won't be allowed to stand in one way or another.

Heyman being scared of Taker = :lol: And I guess Taker is back to his "rare appearances" now.

SuperSlim
07-07-2004, 11:01 AM
SD! sounds aight... London and Kidman winnin sounds pretty nice. The only question is how long will that reign last? a month? 3 weeks? a week before SummerSlam?

And Cena will probably be movin on towards bigger things which is why they stripped him rather than havin him lose the belt. Cause they probably figured a loss would hurt him in the hunt for the WWE title while strippin him of it will help him more being that he "never" lost it.

LK
07-07-2004, 01:23 PM
It's great that Kidman and London won the titles. Smackdown sounded quite good this week.

The CyNick
07-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Smackdown sounds miles better than RAW was this week, but cant judge till they get it on TV.

Still, I liked all the booking on the show.

Putting the titles on London/Kidman is a great move and could help bring some life back into that division. With Kidman and London as champs you'll likely get more cruiserweight tag teams, which should result in better matches from the tag team champs. Hopefully they dont take the titles off these guys in a few weeks.

Stripping Cena of the US title is also a smart move. Its good because Cena doesn't have to JOB to one of the mid card guys (which would hurt his push to ME status) and they can get the title on someone like Dupree without hurting Cena. I would guess we'll see a tournament on SD leading up to Summerslam, with the finals likely going down at the PPV. Also, this seems to lead to Cena-Angle instead of Angle-Eddie, which probably means they've decided to go with a 3 way for the WWE title at Summerslam.

I like what they appear to be doing with Haas. Angle doing this "I'm ashamed of you" deal is an interesting angle in the mid card. I wonder if this will lead to a heel turn, maybe even Haas is the one who gets the US title.

I love that they put a random CW 6 man tag on the show. This is how SD can compete with RAW in terms of match quality. Its great because it gives them another good match on the show, and it features more CW contenders which will hopefully make them viable contenders for the CW title.

Heyman deal sounds interesting, and the JBL-Eddie thing is a good carryover to build up to next weeks Cage Match. I hope they put together a really nice package of the JBL-Eddie program, there are enough things to put in a package to make next Tuesday's match seem like a big deal.

So overall things look pretty good this week on SD. If Angle could ever come back as a regular SD might appear to be decent. Good job WWE!

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-07-2004, 01:49 PM
I just guarantee you 3 quarters of the people there were like "who the fuc</>k is Paul London?"