PDA

View Full Version : EDGE (Interview)

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Source: www.thesun.co.uk

THIS week The LilsBoys - the online wrestling columnists for Britain's best-selling Sun newspaper - sat down with new WWE intercontinental champion Edge.

The Canadian superstar spoke at length, giving candid thoughts on the matches and angles he's loved and hated.

The full webchat can be read at http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2004320434,00.html

Here are some of the highlights:

On turning heel: "There's a definite chance the fans may turn me heel and that would be cool. I'm better wrestling-wise as a babyface but I find it much easier to get people to hate me - and it would be fun to do that again!"

On cutting his hair: "I'd actually like to get my hair cut, I'm sick of it! If it was up to me it would be short right now."

On his No Way Out attacker never being named - "That's one thing that has really bothered me. I thought we had to touch on what happened but Vince didn't agree. I think it's left a huge hole in the story that hasn't been filled, and needed to be. It doesn't make sense that I was laid out and then came back without going after anybody for it."

On Raw v Smackdown - "I think that without a doubt Raw is stronger and that's the general consensus right now. That's not to take anything away from the Smackdown guys, because they're busting their butts."

On missing WrestleMania - "I didn't even get to go to WrestleMania XX. I wanted to, but I met with Vince and he gave me the edict that he didn't want me there. He said he didn't want anyone to see me and for me to relax and have another week off. I just wanted to hang out in the back with the guys and watch the show, but Vince said no."

On Kurt Angle - "My feud with Kurt was definitely my springboard to be looked at as being in the main event realm. And I'm the reason that he's still bald - but I think he just realised Mother Nature was already winning that battle."

Edge also talked about the WWE changing where wrestlers are announced from, the legacy of TLC, working with Flair and Hogan and his possible future feuds with Triple H and Chris Benoit. So check out the full webchat now!

Corkscrewed
07-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Totally agree with him. Sucks Vince didn't let him go to WM-XX. I don't think that's too nice.