PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame

Marc the Smark
07-14-2004, 01:47 PM
There's talk that Bret, Hogan, and even Bruno Sammartino will be inducted at Mania next year. Do you agree with that, and what other wrestling legends should be in the Hall of Fame? Roddy Piper, anyone?

The CyNick
07-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Seems like all of those guys should go in by themselves in separate years.

I think it would be better to induct Bruno at a Mania closer to the Northeast (Boston for example, Philly even or obviously NY).

Hogan should probably got his year, because its in LA and Hogan is still a recognizeable name out there. They could put him on the talk show curcuit the week leading to Mania.

Bret of course deserves to go in, its just about finding the right time.

James Steele
07-14-2004, 02:01 PM
But... can Vince kiss enough ass to get bret to do the show.

If bret does it, it will be a classic moment. Especially if they have Shawn Michaels do the speech before the inductee speaks.

FourFifty
07-14-2004, 02:11 PM
<font color=cyan>Ric Flair should be in there sometime soon, <strike>The Warrior</strike> The Million Dollar Man should go in there. He's the most hated wrestler who never held the WWE Heavyweight Title.

Xero
07-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I would LOVE to see Michaels give the speech before Bret...

As for who should go in, this year atleast:

Bret, Hogan, and/or Bruno... They should keep it at 3 a year... So they have someone to do the next year...

I would say keep one HUGE name for one a year, IE: Bret or Hogan in diffrent years...

LK
07-14-2004, 02:33 PM
I would definetly agree with putting those three guys in the Hall of Fame.

James Steele
07-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I can't believe i forgot about Randy Savage.

I'd also like to see:

Million Dollar Man
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Paul Orndoff
Vader
Mick Foley
Bob Backlund

and in a long time from now:

HBK, Undertaker, Austin, The Rock

ZuperWario
07-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Always450
Ric Flair should be in there sometime soon, The Warrior The Million Dollar Man should go in there. He's the most hated wrestler who never held the WWE Heavyweight Title.

I don't think Flair should be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. He is not really a member of the WWE family like Bret and Hogan.

The Ravishing One
07-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Harley Race got in.

James Steele
07-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Did Harley Race even ever wrestle in the WWF?

I think the WWE needs to induct NWA people just out of respect. WCW never had a hall of fame. WWE does... and thats just respect for the business IMO to induct people who aren't exactly known as your company's people. It recognizes them as a true legend.

The Ravishing One
07-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Did Harley Race even ever wrestle in the WWF?

I think the WWE needs to induct NWA people just out of respect. WCW never had a hall of fame. WWE does... and thats just respect for the business IMO to induct people who aren't exactly known as your company's people. It recognizes them as a true legend.

King Harley Race wrestled in the WWF in the late 80's.

The Ravishing One
07-14-2004, 05:34 PM
I don't think Flair should be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. He is not really a member of the WWE family like Bret and Hogan.

Nice editing there, Prick!

The CyNick
07-14-2004, 08:05 PM
But... can Vince kiss enough ass to get bret to do the show.

If bret does it, it will be a classic moment. Especially if they have Shawn Michaels do the speech before the inductee speaks.

I would puke all over the TV screen (or the arena if I'n there live) if Shawn Michaels has ANYTHING to do with Bret's induction in the HOF. The issues between them were not a wrestling angle and Bret shouldn't be put in a position where he has to shake Shawn's hand and pretend like everything is cool between them. Bret doesn't trust HBK, and just because HBK "found God" doesn't mean Bret should be forced to kiss and make up with the guy.

I would like to see a guy like Kurt Angle induct Bret, someone who actually respects him and it would be the closest we'll ever get to seeing them in the ring together.

Who would you have induct Ric Flair? Eric Bischoff?

As for Race, he was an interesting selection in the WWE HOF in that it was clear that they were trying to include people who were stars in the NWA. I guess they figure since they own all the footage they should recognize all those guys as well. But for just his WWE work there is no way Race was HOF worthy.

I think it would be cool to see Hogan with some of his main riavls such as Orndorff, Savage and Dibiase. Probably Miss Elizabeth too.

Esoteric
07-15-2004, 12:02 AM
i think it should be bret hart, ricky steamboat and jake the snake if it was my choice

ColdwaVer
07-15-2004, 12:27 AM
They should save Hogan for down the road when his career is definitely over, if he gets his way he'll still be around next Mania.

Next year I'd like to see Ted DiBiase, Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race, and Bret Hart inducted.

I-Hate-You
07-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Tito Santana got in before Bret, Hogan, and Bruno. Even Greg "The Drinker" Valentine got in before them.

The Ravishing One
07-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Next year I'd like to see Ted DiBiase, Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race, and Bret Hart inducted.

Harley Race is in. You weren't paying attention this Wrestlemania, Shame on you :rant:

The Ravishing One
07-15-2004, 04:48 AM
:D

HankScorpio
07-15-2004, 09:50 AM
I think Randy Orton should host the Hall of Fame induction at WM21, think of all the legends he'd meet :lol:

Blue Demon
07-15-2004, 10:46 AM
All three guys deserve to be in the Hall of Fame

Oxstar
07-15-2004, 11:40 AM
That's true but WCW is part of WWE. So Ric Flair will be in the hall of fame some day. Ted DiBiase would be one of my choices to go into the hall of fame. I wonder what Ted looks like now?

Oxstar
07-15-2004, 11:44 AM
http://www.powerwrestlingalliance.com/Ted/ted_pose01p.jpg

HankScorpio
07-15-2004, 12:38 PM
^^
Ted is the MAN!

Eunos
07-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Curt Henning should enter sometime.

Thriller
07-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Bret Hart,Dynamite Kid.Ted Dibiase,Mr Perfect,Rick Rude and Jake the snake should all be HOF bound

The Ravishing One
07-17-2004, 04:36 AM
^ :y: