PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth - The System Has Failed.

asphyXy
07-14-2004, 01:54 PM
<font color=969696>I just downloaded it last night, and I just finished listening to the entire album once through. My first impression: Megadeth is back.

The vocals are pretty decent [despite what other reviews say], but they do get a little stupid in some places. Every riff on this album is good. There wasn't one part of any song that struck me as out of place or anything.

Tears in a Vial, Blackmail The Universe, and the song that Dave put on the internet before, Kick The Chair, are my three favorites. The weakest track is Of Mice and Men. The riffs aren't nearly as awesome as the rest of the album, but it doesn't really bring the album down at all. I recommend that everyone download this and buy it as soon as it comes out. I'll give it a proper review when I have time.

On a side note, the Dave/Junior and Dave/Metallica feuds that are going on right now are hilarious. Every day on blabbermouth.net, there's a new news bit about how so-and-so from Metallica has such-and-such to say about Dave Mustaine, and how David Ellefson is a greedy asshole. The System Has Failed blows St. Anus out of the water.

When Megadeth goes on tour, I will be right up front enjoying one of the best classic thrash metal bands who still know how to make decent music. Dave Mustaine is awesome.</font>

The Mask
07-14-2004, 02:08 PM
I didn't even know they'd got back together. But still, splendid. It's just a shame Dave sounds like he's trying to squeeze out a loaf while he's singing, otherwise they'd be one of my favourite bands.

Downunder
07-15-2004, 06:05 AM
WOOOOOOOO

New Megadeth - I gotta go steal it off the internet

brb

ct2k
07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
It's a shame Dave Jnr left but i'll probably pick up a copy of this anyway

Sickboy
07-15-2004, 02:00 PM
I didn't even know they'd got back together. But still, splendid. It's just a shame Dave sounds like he's trying to squeeze out a loaf while he's singing, otherwise they'd be one of my favourite bands.

I on the other hand usually like his voice

asphyXy
07-16-2004, 02:36 AM
<font color=969696>This site shows the cover art being made:

http://www.mikelearn.com/megadeth/mega_01.html

It looks awesome.</font>

Sin Harvest
07-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Megadeth own Metallica. Glad to hear that this album sounds like the shiznit, will buy it IMMEDIATELY upon release!

Downunder
07-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Mustaine for President

This album is GOOD very FUCKING GOOD!!!!

Downunder
07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
The mor eI listen too it the better it gets \m/