PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Alert: Huge Details On This Years Summerslam

jasonvoorhees
07-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Spoiler Alert: Huge Details On This Years Summerslam
Story By: Niel Stephens
July 15, 2004

As far as Smackdown! is concerned, the top matches at this years Summerslam are likely to be The Undertaker challenging John Bradshaw Layfield for the WWE Championship, and the wrestling return of Kurt Angle, as he is expected to take on Eddie Guerrero. Word going around is that WWE want to keep JBL champion for quite some time, past Summerslam, so it’s likely he’ll pick up a victory at the PPV.

As for Raw, it seems as thought WWE will be going with a Vengeance rematch as Triple H will get another shot at Chris Benoit’s World Heavyweight Championship, however there’s a possibility that Eugene could be the special guest referee in the match. Another Vengeance rematch, which will likely take place, is an Edge/Randy Orton match for the Intercontinental Title.

ColdwaVer
07-15-2004, 08:05 PM
*sigh* Another Benoit/HHH match, and the possibility of JBL going over Taker... I don't think I'll be ordering this one either.

Thriller
07-15-2004, 08:11 PM
*sigh* Another Benoit/HHH match, and the possibility of JBL going over Taker... I don't think I'll be ordering this one either.
You make it sound like they go one on One all the time.besides they put on good matches.as for JBL going over taker heaven forbid a champ keeps the title for longer than month

The One
07-15-2004, 08:19 PM
I hate JBL...but since they DID make him Champ...*sigh*...let him keep the belt for a while. Possibly out until November...

As for Chris Benoit...*fantasizes about Benoit holding the Title until 21*

Zen v.W.o.
07-15-2004, 08:39 PM

Does HHH constantly have to be involved in the world title scene? He can still be a main eventer wrestling someone other then the champ for once.

Innovator
07-15-2004, 08:41 PM
he needs to learn from the Undertaker, he had 6 years in between title runs, then another 2 years, then 3 years

The One
07-15-2004, 08:44 PM
The problem is...Hunter [as a heel] by himself...not to great. If you notice the times when he can really draw heel heat is when he is the Champ. Becuase his entire gimmick is "I am the Champ/Game". Take that away and you have...er...muscles? I mean when was the last time HHH was drawing heat without a Title? Even when Austin was World Champ...he NEEDED the IC Title to get over. Undertaker dosn't need shi</>t. Hell they can just ring the gongs and play his music for 10 minutes and it will draw a reaction...Everyone has a different role to play...

The CyNick
07-15-2004, 09:00 PM
I dont think Taker as WWE Champ will help any. Perhaps the idea of giving JBL a decent run will get people behind one of the babyfaces (other than Taker taking the title). The one good thing about Taker-JBL is that of anyone on the roster JBL is probably the easiest guy to convince Taker to put over.

I'm torn on Summerslam, I think it'll be a good show match wise (Angle-Guerrero, Benoit-HHH, Edge-Orton in a rematch), but I dont want to see HHH get the belt back (and I refuse to pay for that) and the possibility of BOTH Taker and HHH holding the major titles is downright scary to me.

At least with SS you dont have to put up with eaither brand's undercard (moreso SD's) and what you get will be the best of each brand, so they should come up with a decent enough card top to bottom, as long as they dont get too cute with it.

Londoner
07-16-2004, 12:02 AM
atlast a PPV we don't have to order here in the UK..the last two weve had to order and luckily ive brought neither cos they both turned out shit

Corkscrewed
07-16-2004, 12:25 AM
Imagine your second biggest PPV of the year and your best belt is being defended by JBL against the Undertaker.

I still don't know how to approach this.

ColdwaVer
07-16-2004, 12:29 AM
he needs to learn from the Undertaker, he had 6 years in between title runs, then another 2 years, then 3 years

And he got a better crowd response in two months between the Rumble and Survivor Series without ever appearing than HHH did with all his title whoring.

Nowhere Man
07-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Imagine your second biggest PPV of the year and your best belt is being defended by JBL against the Undertaker.

I still don't know how to approach this.

Just rent Wrestlemania 13, skip over Austin/Bret, and watch Taker/Sid five or six times. If you're still alive by the end (and/or haven't killed anyone around you), you should be pretty well-prepared for Undertaker/Bradshaw.

James Steele
07-16-2004, 01:27 AM
:lol:

I bought that on VHS and let a friend borrow it, and i haven't gotten it back yet. As a matter of fact, i haven't talked to him since.

You think he is pissed off at me?

HankScorpio
07-16-2004, 06:41 AM
atlast a PPV we don't have to order here in the UK..the last two weve had to order and luckily ive brought neither cos they both turned out shit
:y:

Sadly I bought them both :nono:

HankScorpio
07-16-2004, 06:42 AM
Just rent Wrestlemania 13, skip over Austin/Bret, and watch Taker/Sid five or six times. If you're still alive by the end (and/or haven't killed anyone around you), you should be pretty well-prepared for Undertaker/Bradshaw.

LOL, now that IS coma inducing

SuperSlim
07-16-2004, 10:26 AM
hey now that Undertaker/Sid match wasn't that bad. I mean really.

And as far as SummerSlam goes there are signs pointing towards HHH winning the World title. I mean it's kinda weak of a look at it but notice how each title has been changin hands lately. WWE Tag titles, Women's title, WWE title, U.S. Title, IC title, World tag titles. The World title is the only one that hasn't changed hands since March and this is going to be a big event. Trips probably figures that since he dropped it to Benoit at the biggest event that Benoit should have to hand it over at SummerSlam.

hey now that Undertaker/Sid match wasn't that bad. I mean really.

Whoa I think that I did suffer from minor damage from re-watching that match one time more than once.

BUt JBL should retain cause he hasn't held it long enough, even though I'm already sick and tired of seein someone like him with the belt. And heaven forbid Edge retain. Orton is freakin awesome and I would like to see him win back his IC title.

tucsonspeed6
07-17-2004, 10:18 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. It's doubtful that they'll do TWO rematches.

Shawn Mega
07-17-2004, 11:38 AM
To be honest, am enjoying JBL more than Benoit now. JBL character is so cocky. I think keeping the title on JBL longer will give his character alot of credibility. At least this character is better than that APA crap.

As far as Summerslam goes, I think the main event is going to be a triple threat match between JBL/Eddie/Angle. I read on pwinsider.com that Heyman's new guy will fued with the Undertaker.It can go two ways,JBL vs.Eddie vs.Angle or JBL vs.Eddie vs.Taker and have a Angle vs.Cena match.

I think we might see an Elimination Chamber.Benoit vs.HHH vs.Orton vs.Flair vs.Jericho vs.Eugene. For the IC title, Edge vs.Batista.Tag team titles,La Resistance vs.Tajiri/Rhyno.Women's title,Victoria vs. Trish.

Other matches,Dudleyz vs.London/Kidman vs.Spike/Rey for the Tag team titles. 6 man elimination for the US title or Booker vs.RVD for the US title.

Summerslam card predictions:
WWE title:JBL vs.Taker vs.Eddie
Angle vs.Cena
Tag titles: Dudleyz vs.London/Kidman vs.Rey/Spike
US title finals:Booker vs.RVD
World title:Elimination CHamber,HHH vs.Orton vs.Flair vs.Jericho vs.Eugene vs.Benoit
IC title:Edge vs.Batista
Tag titles:La Resistance vs.Tajiri/Rhyno
Women's title:Trish vs. Victoria
Kane vs.Matt Hardy II

Summerslam is in Toronto and all the Raw champs except Rob Conway is Canadian.Smart Move WWE

Outsider
07-17-2004, 02:34 PM
I think the worst PPV match I've ever seen has to be Undertaker and Kane vs Kronic

Though I get the feeling Undertaker vs JBL would be just as bad :|

addy2hotty
07-17-2004, 02:58 PM
I could see a line-up like this, baring in mind Eddie isn't badly injured.

Benoit vs HHH vs Jericho (World Heavyweight Title)
Angle vs Eddie
JBL vs Cena (WWE Title)
Undertaker vs Paul Heyman (Urn on a pole match ;) )
Booker vs Haas (US Title)
Edge vs Orton (IC Title)
Spike vs The Dudleys (Handicap Tables Match)
La Resistance vs Regal & Eugene (World Tag Titles)
London & Kidman vs RVD & Mysterio (WWE Tag Titles)
Victoria vs Trish (again) (Womans Title)
Kane vs Matt Hardy (Winner is the father Match) w/ Lita as Referee ;)

Worst thing is, RVD and Jericho aren't even in storylines right now, so godknows where they are going to fit in (if at all).

tucsonspeed6
07-17-2004, 03:08 PM
To be honest, am enjoying JBL more than Benoit now. JBL character is so cocky. I think keeping the title on JBL longer will give his character alot of credibility. At least this character is better than that APA crap.

As far as Summerslam goes, I think the main event is going to be a triple threat match between JBL/Eddie/Angle. I read on pwinsider.com that Heyman's new guy will fued with the Undertaker.It can go two ways,JBL vs.Eddie vs.Angle or JBL vs.Eddie vs.Taker and have a Angle vs.Cena match.

I think we might see an Elimination Chamber.Benoit vs.HHH vs.Orton vs.Flair vs.Jericho vs.Eugene. For the IC title, Edge vs.Batista.Tag team titles,La Resistance vs.Tajiri/Rhyno.Women's title,Victoria vs. Trish.

Other matches,Dudleyz vs.London/Kidman vs.Spike/Rey for the Tag team titles. 6 man elimination for the US title or Booker vs.RVD for the US title.

Summerslam card predictions:
WWE title:JBL vs.Taker vs.Eddie
Angle vs.Cena
Tag titles: Dudleyz vs.London/Kidman vs.Rey/Spike
US title finals:Booker vs.RVD
World title:Elimination CHamber,HHH vs.Orton vs.Flair vs.Jericho vs.Eugene vs.Benoit
IC title:Edge vs.Batista
Tag titles:La Resistance vs.Tajiri/Rhyno
Women's title:Trish vs. Victoria
Kane vs.Matt Hardy II

Summerslam is in Toronto and all the Raw champs except Rob Conway is Canadian.Smart Move WWE

Elimination Chamber doesn't sound right for the second biggest PPV of the year. Survivor Series, sure, but not Summerslam. A triple threat worked good for Wrestlemania though...so I won't say that your idea is crap. Edge v. Flair seems to be the next logical step in Edge's "One by one" scheme, with Batista standing as the last defense before Edge takes on HHH.

THis has got me thinking though...several months ago I made a prediction that Shelton Benjamin would plow through evolution, only to be stopped by Orton. That happened. I also predicted that Orton would get into a feud with Edge. I was right there as well. But I assumed that Orton would win there as well, building momentum as well as cockiness that would lead to his forceful takeover of Evolution by Summerslam. Now, however, Orton's loss seems to have changed that. If indeed Edge takes down every member of Evolution except HHH, it doesn't give Orton that fuel he needed to take the show on the road himself. He can't say "Who got beaten by Shelton Benjamin?" because HHH can turn around and say "Who got beaten by that shrimp, Edge?!" Without a title, Orton doesn't hold that power he once did.

However, that isn't to say that it makes him powerless. If indeed we see an elimination chamber with both HHH and Orton in it, it could occur that Orton isn't released until HHH is eliminated. Who is to say that Orton can't go for the title himself? It could end up that Orton and Benoit fight for the title one on one. Orton could still lose and maintain that level of cockiness that could build him to a point where he'd be willing to go solo.

As for the idea that it will be HHH vs. Benoit with Eugene as special guest referee....like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Thriller
07-17-2004, 03:26 PM
I would love to see an Elimantion Chamber match over a triple threat match.Triple threat have been way over done latly.Though i would rather see.HHH,Orton,Batista,Edge,Benoit,Y2J.Have Edge be responsible for the games elimanation and have the last 2 guys as Orton and Benoit with Benoit retaining.I put Batista in the instead of Flair as i see Flair vs Eugene.

The CyNick
07-17-2004, 05:02 PM
HHH-Benoit -- World Title (Eugene will be involved in some way, ref or it'll be a 3 way)

Edge-Orton -- IC title I bet they do a Ladder Match

JBL-Taker -- WWE Title

Angle-Eddie

Those will be the big 4 matches.

Sephiroth
07-18-2004, 03:07 PM
:rant: Give Eddie the FUCKIN belt back! :mad:

Shawn Mega
07-18-2004, 03:25 PM

Does it really matters now? Eddie is still one of the top guys with and without the belt. The last three weeks without him being the champion have been more entertaining when he was champion.Eddie is just great chasing after the title.

JBL character needs the belt and so far it's been working.JBL character went from being a joke to being a top 2 heel in the WWE. His character is actually one of the best in the WWE.

JBL came out of nowhere and won the title just like Eddie and Brock. Brock won the title in his first year. Eddie went from having a 8 minute ppv match with Chavo and three weeks later he won the WWE title.Eddie was nowhere near the main event level.Eddie was stuck in the US title/tag team division with Chavo.

Rock Bottom
07-18-2004, 04:11 PM
I dunno, I fail to see any spoilers or huge details here.

Favre4Ever
07-18-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm gonna get this one. We haven't seen interaction between the brands since Wrestlemania. If they take advatage of some of the things they can do, it could turn out to be a great PPV.

And why would I want to miss Angle/Guerrero 2? Angles one of my favorite wrestlers and I havent seen him do anything in months. I'm markin' out for that one.

LK
07-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth

Damn right :y:

LK
07-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Besides from the Taker/JBL match that looks like a decent PPV. Angle vs Guerrero should be really good. I just hope that sometime this year around Survivor Series Eddie wins the WWE title back. Real bad thing is that I bet HHH will win the World Title back.

mike616
07-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I think the fact that BJL has the belt just hurts SD! it makes it look like a minor league product. It works for anyone holding the WHC on Raw look better than they really are .Benoit is a awesome champion don't get me wrong so I feel that in the end with BJL as WWE champion HHH will look better as the WHC.