PDA

View Full Version : Tag Teams

Excellance of Execution
07-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I was reading another thread about 80's wrestling and i couldn't help but go back in time and remember how good the tag team's where back then. I mean there where ton's of them, The Hart Foundation, Bulldogs, Demolition, The Rocker's, U.S. Express etc.. etc.. But anyways, do you think it would be benificial for the WWE to go back in time and build tag teams the way that they used to? I mean, look at some of the tag teams and all the good singles wrestler's who benifitted from being in tag teams. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Davey Boy, Barry Windham and so on. I think it gives young wrestler's time to develop and in a way, gives them a stepping stone to be excellant singles wrestler's. What do you think?

Mayo
07-16-2004, 01:27 AM
I was reading another thread about 80's wrestling and i couldn't help but go back in time and remember how good the tag team's where back then. I mean there where ton's of them, The Hart Foundation, Bulldogs, Demolition, The Rocker's, U.S. Express etc.. etc.. But anyways, do you think it would be benificial for the WWE to go back in time and build tag teams the way that they used to? I mean, look at some of the tag teams and all the good singles wrestler's who benifitted from being in tag teams. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Davey Boy, Barry Windham and so on. I think it gives young wrestler's time to develop and in a way, gives them a stepping stone to be excellant singles wrestler's. What do you think?

The gimmicks that they used for most of the aforementioned tag teams were all cheesy 80's and 90's gimmicks. Fans of wrestling today are much smarter than they were back then, and so you don't see stupid gimmicks like that (as much, anyways). Starting off in a tag team is a fine avenue, but the way to make a name for yourself is by winning some singles titles. Other than the Dudleyz, I can't think of many other teams at the moment that have had such a lasting gimmick and are still popular together. Singles wrestling is the wave of the present/future, and tag teams have taken a back seat.

Mr. JL
07-16-2004, 01:33 AM
I think America's Most Wanted of NWA: TNA have a chance of being a good long lasting tag team. Second best tag team currently in North America in my opinion. The Dudleys are the first just because they have been a team for so long now.