PDA

View Full Version : NWA: TNA PPV thoughts

Mr. JL
07-16-2004, 01:08 AM
I just watched my first NWA: TNA PPV in months... and it sucked!

By far the worst wrestling show I've ever seen. This is coming from the guy who is a huge NWA: TNA supporter. Worst.WrestlingShow.EVER!!!

It began with Vito verbally punking out Gilberti & Swinger. Both were in some f'd up clothing because they lost a humiliation match. Stupid comedy scene. Who ever thought Gilberti was entertaining in a comedy way or wrestling ability way is wrong. He's not entertaining PERIOD. Swinger was funny to see and solid in the ring but this guy should be wrestling not parading around in that ridiculous garb.

If AJ wins, Shanes out of the X Division. If Shane wins, he gets a title shot
AJ Styles V. Michael Shane
Good match between the two. Crowd was pretty dead though... they had their moments where they would give AJ his deserved props but they were still pretty quiet. AJ Styles gets "injured" as his leg hit the metal barrier that surrounds the ring. He has to forfeit the match. Thus Michael Shane wins a recieves a title shot at a later date.
This was the most interesting part of the night.

Vito beats up Irish Pat Kenney aka Simon Diamond. BORING!

Mike Posey (the referee) takes out Gilberti, Swinger & Young. Meh!

Abyss & Alexx Shelley V. Sabu & Sonjay Dutt
Match sucked. Sabu is still the f'n man. Any time he was in it was good. I'm going to order the PPV that showcases Raven V. Sabu because its going to be awesome.

Dusty Rhodes got on the mic and I wanted to kill him for acting like an idiot. Talks forever... bottom line is Jeff Hardy will be there next week.

Red, Sabin, Daniels & Prime Time V. Team Canada
Fans didn't pop too much. Raven would've slaughtered these guys for their lack of psychology. Daniels was the star of this match and stood out above the rest. Ended where both teams had a three count on their opponent but the referee was only counting the three for one team. Red, Sabin, Daniels & Prime Time (i love prime times music.. its stuck in my head) win.

Jeff Jarrett/Monty Brown interaction. BAAAAAAAAD! Brown on the mic was laughable. I don't think it was his fault though. I think those are just lines he was told to say and it made him look stupid. Jarrett's facials were just as bad. Bad Segment.

10 Man Guitar on a Pole Match
Jarrett, Shamrock, Elite Guard V. 3 Live Kru, Rhodes & Zbysko
Worst Match of the night. Poorly run match. All I could to is laugh. They were trying to sell how serious this feud was. It was so dumb. Just a horribly booked match. I bet Shamrock wishes he never returned. Horribly booked. Horrible finish. BAD.BAD.BAD.

Same stips in the AJ V. Shane match
AJ Styles V. Frankie Kazarian
Pretty good match but still far from their greatest. AJ was the star of this though. He sold his earlier injury pretty well considering he was booked for 10 minute plus match. Bad booking. It made his "injury" from earlier on look fake. Match should have been much shorter. Kazarian wins via outside interference from Michael Shane.

Ladder Match - If AMW loses their out
AMW V. The Naturals
AMW is the best tag team out there today. Stupid Gimmick ladder match. It was a poorly run match as well. The wrestlers tried their best. You can tell they gave it their all. Most memorable move would be the back body drop on the ladder from the inside to the outside where the ladder was supported by the ring and ring barrier. They brought out chairs and tables which kills the whole point of the match. Its a ladder match... just stick to the ladders! AMW wins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been sorely wrong about the WWE. They are by far the superior product. A while ago NWA: TNA was awesome. That show was just God awful! And I'm a huge NWA: TNA fan. I don't know if it was a bad show in particular or what but I just had to tell you how bad it really was. That was just the worst thing I've seen in a long while.

It made After Burn look like Wrestle Mania.

ColdwaVer
07-16-2004, 01:21 AM
There's one thing that TNA lacks in a big way: ring psychology. Until they can get that what they have are a lot of really good in-ring workers who can't sell a story in the ring.

AJ Styles really is phenominal though.

RemyRed
07-16-2004, 01:21 AM
I agree with you, I didn't see the PPV since I havent watched TNA till that retarded King Of The Mountain match PPV. The wrestlers miss their dropkicks and moves almost all the time, the promos are boring and sounds like they're being read most of the time, a lot of the wrestlers just put on an EXTREMELY fucked up performance. I used to be a TNA fan thinking they'd change this as the starts get more experienced but it hasn't. i read up on it sometimes though, but the writing has gotten stupid too, Jarrett's gonna hold the title and them drop it to Hogan is the last thing I've read. Avoid TNA, best thing on it is that flipping piledriver than one of the canadians do.

Mr. JL
07-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah, Petey Williams. That move kicks ass.

ColdwaVer
07-16-2004, 01:39 AM
I agree with you, I didn't see the PPV since I havent watched TNA till that retarded King Of The Mountain match PPV. The wrestlers miss their dropkicks and moves almost all the time, the promos are boring and sounds like they're being read most of the time, a lot of the wrestlers just put on an EXTREMELY fucked up performance. I used to be a TNA fan thinking they'd change this as the starts get more experienced but it hasn't. i read up on it sometimes though, but the writing has gotten stupid too, Jarrett's gonna hold the title and them drop it to Hogan is the last thing I've read. Avoid TNA, best thing on it is that flipping piledriver than one of the canadians do.

Honestly, Impact is much better than the PPV's IMO. Personally the X and tag divisions are the only things in TNA that can hold my interest.

mitch_h
07-16-2004, 01:40 AM
How was Alex Shelley? He is a technical god.

RemyRed
07-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Yeah that's him, he's the man, unfortunately I think he's stuck on TNA since I don't think the WWE would let him use a lot of his moves. [EDIT] Petey Williams that is...

The One
07-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Honestly...and everyone here knows how I loves me my NWA...that show was lacking, and unfortunatly all of the shows have been lacking for some time. It's like watching bad WCW tapes...honestly nothing makes sense anymore. I think the biggest problem is this, no one wants to sign a TNA contract, and since no one will sign one they refuse to base big parts of storylines around them (case and point: Raven and Sabu...how long will this "feud" last with neither of them on every show) Basically if I had the run of it, I would do some SERIOUS trimming arond the corners...start making compelling storylines, and don't bring in these random people and throw them in main event situations.

With that being said...I love National Wrestling Alliance. :love:

Savio
07-16-2004, 02:05 AM
Maybe more swerves would make it better...

The One
07-16-2004, 02:07 AM
Oh...and give Christopher Daniels a fu</>cking push! I know he isn't flying all over the place like AJ Styles, but the man can fu</>cking wrestle!

ColdwaVer
07-16-2004, 02:11 AM
I think the biggest problem is this, no one wants to sign a TNA contract, and since no one will sign one they refuse to base big parts of storylines around them (case and point: Raven and Sabu...how long will this "feud" last with neither of them on every show) Basically if I had the run of it, I would do some SERIOUS trimming arond the corners...

Amen. Now that they'e starting to hit a little heavier, with a national cable TV spot and rumors of a primetime slot in the not-to-distant future, they need to start playing hard. If the likes of Raven won't sign a solid contract, cut 'em loose. I bet if they start with a policy like that, John Hancocks will start flying all over the place.