PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 21

The Ravishing One
07-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Who here is actually thinking of going? and does anybody know when tickets go on sale etc

The One
07-16-2004, 04:37 PM
I might head on our to LA-LA Land for the show (and give me a good excuse to go visit a friend of mine)...I don't know when tickets go on sale...my guess would be in October or November.

The Naitch
07-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Technically, I could go. It's not that far. Once I get enough money, I might make it down there. I could stay with family while I'm there. Maybe a roadtrip.

The CyNick
07-16-2004, 09:35 PM
I might go, I haven't decided yet. Ive never been to Cali, so this would be as good of an excuse as any.

And seeing Orton likely win the World Title, I mean that has to be worth the money, doesn't it?

James Steele
07-16-2004, 10:58 PM
:lol: CyNick, that is almost as funny as my Walker Texas Ranger post.....

Orton, world title :rofl: :rofl:

Classic man... pure classic

OpusCroakus1
07-17-2004, 02:13 AM
If I have the money when tickets go on sale (usually around Sept-Oct), then I'll go.

It's nice to have Wrestlemania back in my hometown, and the Staples Center is a nice arena..... but I've always enjoyed Wrestlemania better when it's in a big stadium, like the Astrodome or Safeco Field. But I know there's no way the WWF is going to try the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum again. There's no way they can fill that place at this time.... and they don't want to go through that fiasco they went through in 1991....

Oh well..... Wrestlemania is back in Los Angeles! Party time!

DaveWadding
07-17-2004, 02:23 AM
God, you don't know how tempted I am.

FourFifty
07-17-2004, 04:21 AM
<font color=cyan>I plan on being there. LA is just a few hours away, get a nice hotel room (beats staying with family), show up 2 days before, leave the day after, use a week vacation time at work... Yeah, I'm gonna be there... or at least I plan to be there.

The Ravishing One
07-17-2004, 04:30 AM
If I have the money when tickets go on sale (usually around Sept-Oct), then I'll go.

It's nice to have Wrestlemania back in my hometown, and the Staples Center is a nice arena..... but I've always enjoyed Wrestlemania better when it's in a big stadium, like the Astrodome or Safeco Field. But I know there's no way the WWF is going to try the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum again. There's no way they can fill that place at this time.... and they don't want to go through that fiasco they went through in 1991....

Oh well..... Wrestlemania is back in Los Angeles! Party time!

I reckon they could fill it imo, Its Wrestlemania.

RGWhat316
07-17-2004, 04:37 AM
I don't actually plan on going, but I might actually have a shot since a guy at work I know is planning on it. He went to NYC this year for WM XX, but had kind of crappy seats since they were behind the set.

Dave Youell
07-17-2004, 05:21 AM
The package deals have already gone on sale

Goldbird
07-17-2004, 05:40 AM
I wanna go... but I am not from the US... :'(

The Ravishing One
07-17-2004, 01:50 PM
I wanna go... but I am not from the US... :'(

Poor excuse.

The Ravishing One
07-17-2004, 01:51 PM
The package deals have already gone on sale

Are they on wwe.com?

Blue Demon
07-17-2004, 01:57 PM
i just went to WM XX, and that's enough for me for now...only if it comes to Canada again, or somewhere on the US east coast. WMXX was my second wm...my first was 18

John la Rock
07-17-2004, 04:45 PM
not going to waste money

loopydate
07-17-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm considering it. I'm planning to move to LA once I have the money, so this would be a good excuse to get out there and scope the place out.

Plus, it's Wrestlemania.

But, again, I don't have the money...

OpusCroakus1
07-19-2004, 07:17 AM
I reckon they could fill it imo, Its Wrestlemania.

Well... if I'm remembering correctly, this is what I know about Vince's attempt to bring Wrestlemana to the LA Memorial Coliseum...

The event was promoted since Wrestlemania VI. If you can find an old copy of that Wrestlemania, or of SummerSlam '90, you can see the promos where they even gave out the Ticketmaster number for the Los Angeles area.

I remember hearing that they had the Coliseum mapped out to seat 108,000 people! Wrestlemania III in the Pontiac Silverdome drew 93,173 people, and it took a statewide Pay-Per-View blackout to get that job done.... When they finally decided to move Wrestlemania into the LA Sports Arena (due to "security reasons"), they had only sold some 16,000 tickets.

So.... yeah, I do think they had alittle trouble selling Wrestlemania VII in the Coliseum.

Oh, one final note.... the following year, Wrestlemania VIII was held in the HoosierDome in Indianapolis, Indiana. They only drew 62,167. I've seen pictures of the event that showed quite a few gaps in the upper deck. On video, the upper decks of stadiums are tougher to see, but the Coliseum doesn't have an upper deck... it's bowl shaped, making it way easier to see empty seats.

Well, there's some of what I know about it. The Coliseum has hosted 2 Olympic Games, the Super Bowl, and the World Series..... I would sure love to see it host Wrestlemania. The WWF is going to have to be on fire and come up with a darned spectacular card in order to pull it off......

The Ravishing One
07-19-2004, 12:57 PM
But i think they can do it, you're talking about 10+ years ago. Think of the fans young and old who'll go?

Tickets go on sale in September/October and people buy tickets not knowing the card, but they buy them just because its Wrestlemania. I reckon they could've done it with Wrestlemania XX, the event had about a years hype. But as we all know about the history of The Garden, so that was still another good choice.

OpusCroakus1
07-19-2004, 11:59 PM
I agree.... I was sitting in Safeco Field watching Wrestlemania XIX, and I knew even before they ran the promo for Wrestlemania XX that it would be held in New York City. Too bad I didn't get a chance to go...

As for Wrestlemania in the Coliseum? I suppose I also agree... they could pull it off. It's a big risk, but if they worked hard at it (and maybe didn't charge so darn much!), they might do it. I'd definetly be pulling for it to happen... Perhaps if they bring football back to the Coliseum, and clean up the area a bit, it would make a great site for Wrestlemania XXV!! That would be cool!

Gonzo
07-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Wrestle-freakin-mania. :y:

The CyNick
07-20-2004, 12:19 AM
The Indy show did 62,000, but the paid attendance I believe was even lower.

OpusCroakus1
07-20-2004, 01:47 AM
The Indy show did 62,000, but the paid attendance I believe was even lower.

I believe you are right....... I heard a lot of comp. tickets went out. There's even a pic of them in the Wrestlemania book... :lol:

The Ravishing One
07-20-2004, 08:05 AM
I agree.... I was sitting in Safeco Field watching Wrestlemania XIX, and I knew even before they ran the promo for Wrestlemania XX that it would be held in New York City. Too bad I didn't get a chance to go...

As for Wrestlemania in the Coliseum? I suppose I also agree... they could pull it off. It's a big risk, but if they worked hard at it (and maybe didn't charge so darn much!), they might do it. I'd definetly be pulling for it to happen... Perhaps if they bring football back to the Coliseum, and clean up the area a bit, it would make a great site for Wrestlemania XXV!! That would be cool!

I agree it would make a great site for Wrestlemania 25. I was at Safeco aswell, where were you sat? (Awaits D.Youell post) I also went to Wrestlemania XX :love: worth every penny :y:

OpusCroakus1
07-21-2004, 06:02 AM
I was in the club section.... Sect. 246, Row 2. I like being able to have a birds eye view of everything. How about you? Where were your seats?

Yes..... Mr. Youell got himself some second row seats. I've been second row ringside for a Raw event, myself. It's not too bad. Heh heh.... I like seeing his reaction when Brock Lesner missed the Shooting Star Press.... Sure, I don't blame him for having that reaction, but looking back at it, it's very funny to watch. Heh heh.........

Edge
07-21-2004, 06:22 AM
I won't be going. I'll just wait a few months to get it out from the video store. That way I don't have to pay as much. Thats what I do with every ppv.

Tornado
07-21-2004, 06:32 AM
I was at Safeco aswell, where were you sat? (Awaits D.Youell post)
I'll do it for him: