PDA

View Full Version : smackdownVs Raw

jasonvoorhees
07-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Huge Update on WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw For PS2; More
Story By: Andy Steven
July 17, 2004

I can reveal, that the new match type on this years WWE SmackDown game, will be The Parking Lot Brawl. This will be the only new match type for this year.

Also, THQ confirmed the following superstars for the game:

John Cena, Randy Orton, Booker T, Ric Flair, Batista, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Rico, and Charlie Haas.

Additionally, we learned that Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, and Eric Bischoff will also be in the game in a greater capacity than they were before.

Finally, THQ touched on some of the more presentational aspects of Smackdown! vs. RAW and revealed that for the first time in the series' history, the game will receive all-new music for the menu screens and in-game wrestling matches. What makes this musical enhancement even more interesting, though, is the fact that it will boast licensed tracks from established industry stars. Who these bands or individual singers will be, however, have not yet be revealed.

Another new presentational tidbit that's sure to please fans is the fact thay all the transition screens from Smackdown! and RAW television programming (ie: the graphics used to illustrate championship matches, the 'tale of tape' versus screens, and similar pre and post-match visuals) has been included as well, and the championship belts can finally be used as a weapon during matches. Even better, is that in an effort to add even more realism, Yuke's has implanted a new blur filter effect for submission moves to illustrate the pain or grogginess associated with the pain (it's also possible that this effect will be used for powerful blows to the head as well, but THQ still hasn't finalized that yet).

jasonvoorhees
07-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Oh and i forgot, this game will be online too.

loopydate
07-17-2004, 10:11 PM
There's a thread on this in the Video Game Forum.

Loose Cannon
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
And there is a better article on the front page to use. (Cheap Plug) And this game HAS NOT been confirmed for being online

I'm closing this thread and redirecting you to the VG forum.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Oh and i forgot, this game will be online too.
That's not official yet mate, it's in beta mode. Which means they are testing to see how it works, if they approve of that, then yes it will be. But it might not be.

Loose Cannon
07-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Hey, I get the final word Heartbreak :mad: :)

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16297